Quote Originally Posted by SofiaDeo View Post
Bobbyrae, I agree with you 100%, I think you hit the nail squarely on the head! Perry5, I agree with MOST of what you said. I disagree about the "condescending tone" comment. It is extremely difficult to always accurately convey the desired emotion/effect when dealing with multiple cultures, whether written format or in person. I like to assume people are coming from a positive place, unless it is made very clear the intent is otherwise. Speaking from the other side of the fence (code writing/support) it was difficult to always be patient when people did things to try our patience such as constantly asked questions about information already posted, while new bosses asked new things of us, during flu season when people weren't coming in, or came in but their work quality suffered. Every business has its problems, issues, and "oopsies". I DO like it when people post their point of view; how else would S8 know what we want, and what upsets us? There's enough snarkiness coming from the Forum users that if/when a potentially negative comment comes from the S8 side, it's understandable & forgivable. IMO anyway I know I am fairly vocal, I most likely push the envelope, but I don't try to be mean, and I like to think I do the same to others. I try to say what it is I don't like, without putting a value judgement on it? Does that make sense? It will be interesting to see how things change/evolve over the next few months, with new GrandBosses at S8 plus the other cultural things happening worldwide.......
One thing I have already noticed, my fingerprint ID is not being recognized by my iPad from all the hand washing......lolol
Thank you for your insight and understanding. It's much appreciated.

My intention is only to provide insight to help people understand that we considered as many angles as possible before coming to our decision. I understand how poking holes in some suggestions earns me some ire, but I was hoping responding with why we can't do certain things would help them understand why we're not just doing those things. It doesn't often bear fruit, but I like to try.