Page 19 of 218 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122232969119 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story: Doorbuster sales | Limited time offers | Sales information

Fashion Designer
    Hmm, these takes on what Elsa wrote are interesting. When I read it, I just thought "unintentionally 'over-powered' " was a fancy way of saying "we made an oopsie on the timer". IMO, if they intended the 4 hr timer, the fix would have been to adjust the drops per collection, not the timer. Feanor was also unlimited purchase... oopsie. What? he's the spitting image of Legolas? Oopsie.

Seriously, I don't think it was malicious. Just oopsies, one after another, after another...

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by [S8] Elsa View Post
    Hi, everyone. We appreciate your patience while we reviewed your feedback! We understand that it's disappointing when your experience doesn't meet your expectations. To make this right for those of you who would like the option of refunding Feanor, we invite you to contact our support team for assistance within the next ~7 days. Please submit your request before March 20th.

For players who are interested in more details, a difficult situation that all live games face is when an item is released that's unintentionally 'over-powered' or creates a significant imbalance that must be addressed. When this happens, it's very carefully reviewed and evaluated to see what the best course of action is. In this case, it's critical to the game's economy that Feanor be tuned and updated. We understand that this is unwelcome news and we apologize for any inconvenience! We will review what we can do to avoid this in the future.
    What about the players that don't read the forum? Are you going to put up a splash screen with refund info there?

Rhino Keeper
    The best solution is either making the timer 6ish hours OR an automatic refund. People who don't know the forum will not know to even ask for a refund. Making people do paperwork on asking for it rather than doing an automatic recall like with the mushroom fortress is very cynical. People can repurchase Feanor if they wish. With both of these solutions everyone benefits, even people who don't read the forum.

I really don't get why S8 upper management doesn't understand that the best business models actually care about their customer base.
    Not accepting neighbors. Sorry. Gratitude for all forum contributors and leaders. This game would be unplayable without you.

Fashion Designer
    I was planning to buy gems for the first time to buy a couple of Feanors, despite my otherwise firm principle to not buy gems until we get a gem confirmation button, because he was such an amazing deal!

I feel for all of you who bought him due to false advertisement / "unintentional overpoweredness", I would absolutely NOT have been a happy customer if I had gone through with my purchase plans before reading about this mess on the forum.
    $$$ GEM/GOLD CONFIRMATION BUTTON, PLEASE $$$

Admin Community Manager [S8] Elsa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by newyear5780 View Post
    The best solution is either making the timer 6ish hours OR an automatic refund. People who don't know the forum will not know to even ask for a refund. Making people do paperwork on asking for it rather than doing an automatic recall like with the mushroom fortress is very cynical. People can repurchase Feanor if they wish. With both of these solutions everyone benefits, even people who don't read the forum.

I really don't get why S8 upper management doesn't understand that the best business models actually care about their customer base.
    In this case, we've made the decision that to best serve our players and the game. Players have the agency to make the decision if they want to refund Feanor(s). Any player in the game who has an issue has access to support and does not need to await an invitation from the community forum staff or a big sign to request service for their game.

You might be satisfied with your idea because it means that you personally wouldn't need to send in a support ticket. If we implemented this you wouldn't see how many players would be disrupted and harmed by this suggestion.

Automatically refunding the item would generate even more problems.

- Players who bought multiple may only want to refund a portion of the ones they have.
    - Players who don't want a refund could miss the window to rebuy the item if they're away from the game during the sale.
    - Players could falsely report their item as missing, creating requests that will cause delays for people waiting for help with things like account recovery.
    - By waiting for a support response (which is closed on weekends) to be told to rebuy the item they didn't want us to remove, players would be missing collections they could be receiving if we let them make the decision for themselves.
    - There is no way to target messaging specifically to a player who spent Gems on x item.

We consider very carefully all of our players before making these decisions. Please note that this isn't a one-size fits all solution that can be applied to any situation regardless of similarity. This is the decision we made specifically for Feanor and is what we believe is in the best interest of our player community.

If you need help with your Feanors personally, please be sure to send in your ticket before the end of next week. If you don't want to submit a ticket, it's an optional offer and isn't required. Thanks for your understanding.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by [S8] Elsa View Post
    In this case, we've made the decision that to best serve our players and the game. Players have the agency to make the decision if they want to refund Feanor(s). Any player in the game who has an issue has access to support and does not need to await an invitation from the community forum staff or a big sign to request service for their game.

You might be satisfied with your idea because it means that you personally wouldn't need to send in a support ticket. If we implemented this you wouldn't see how many players would be disrupted and harmed by this suggestion.

Automatically refunding the item would generate even more problems.

- Players who bought multiple may only want to refund a portion of the ones they have.
    - Players who don't want a refund could miss the window to rebuy the item if they're away from the game during the sale.
    - Players could falsely report their item as missing, creating requests that will cause delays for people waiting for help with things like account recovery.
    - By waiting for a support response (which is closed on weekends) to be told to rebuy the item they didn't want us to remove, players would be missing collections they could be receiving if we let them make the decision for themselves.
    - There is no way to target messaging specifically to a player who spent Gems on x item.

We consider very carefully all of our players before making these decisions. Please note that this isn't a one-size fits all solution that can be applied to any situation regardless of similarity. This is the decision we made specifically for Feanor and is what we believe is in the best interest of our player community.

If you need help with your Feanors personally, please be sure to send in your ticket before the end of next week. If you don't want to submit a ticket, it's an optional offer and isn't required. Thanks for your understanding.
    I agree. Initially bought two to go with my rainbow crowns and then bought more gems and 2 more after I saw the drops. When it reverted I still wanted my initially two but not the two extra. Submitting a ticket was the best way to explain it.
    StormID: neferlala

Rhino Keeper
    Thank you, Elsa, for continuing to engage and for (politely and reasonably) explaining your side of things. I might not find the solution ideal, but I do appreciate that you are reacting to customer feedback and understand that it won't always be possible to keep everyone happy.

Rhino Keeper
    Returning Feanor for a "refund" does not in any way hurt s8, they get away with what they just did to us. They dont care what you spend the gems on! They already have all our CASH.

I will keep my Feanor. But i will never give this company another dime. I guess that is good for the economy of the game.

I reject the explanation and I definitely reject the solution. This was a horrible, horrible business practice. I held out hope that it was a terrible accident, but I now whole heartedly believe it was completely intentional. I may be wrong, but that does not matter because my heart is now set in stone.

Fashion Designer
    Does anyone know anything about the "Gold Digger Gnome" which is this weeks doorbuster sale?

He "might" throw rotten cabbages at you for 200 gems with a 5hr timer
    $$$ GEM/GOLD CONFIRMATION BUTTON, PLEASE $$$

Fashion Designer
    I have one, so it doesn’t show up in the sale items for me. He drops wood and living wood most often, but yes he does drop an occasional rotten cabbage. I haven’t kept diligent track but I’d say one every 3 or so weeks.
    Queendom name - Codex Realm
    Lower Level Queendom - TheNameOfTheWind (ID: WiseMansFear )
    I accept all neighbor requests but do not visit often.