Page 26 of 35 FirstFirst ... 16222324252627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 1/9: Gone to the Sled Dogs | event information on page 1

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by venatemp View Post
    *snip*
    *The 6 hour timer on Milo gave me freedom to play the game and not be tied to hour or two hour checkins.
    *Items were crafted in the place that made the most sense: Potions were crafted in the potion shop, and harness crafted aptly in the magic forge.
    *s8 managing our expectations up front with the requirements so if we didn't have the energy (pun intended) then we could bow out early.
    *s8 is more active in the forums as of late and bugs and injustices (ie. gold for lower level players) are fixed quickly.
    *As always the artwork is unparalleled.
    I liked the six hour timer...but not the random drops after waiting six hours. I still only have 11 golden bones.

I noticed the efficient fixes of glitches and their being more active.
    Unfortunately I didn't manage my expectations properly and failed to stop before I started and continued once I started. Smh...

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by GiselleX16 View Post
    Hmm - I guess I should have gotten the yarn trap but not in inventory. I don?t think I sprung it without noticing!
    I was thinking the same ... but just realised the reward was that it unlocked the Yarn Trap - not awarded us one.

I’m all finished now... just waiting on the last 10 Gold Bones to drop.
    So three (maybe four) more collections from my Miko pack.
    Zero gems spent.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by sophiensissi View Post
    I have 4 mikos and been collecting 3 times per day for a full 2 days (just collected) and I only have 7 bones. This sucks!
    Quote Originally Posted by shoshiseagull View Post
    Yup. Same here. I?m out. Hope the next event is more enjoyable and doable.
    Quote Originally Posted by established1971 View Post
    I hate that I purchased the starter pack and used gems , but it still seems like I won?t be able to complete. With a 6 hour wait on the bones, it?s not fair that there?s not a drop every single time!!!!!!! I only have 7 golden bones.
    So sorry to those really struggling with the randomness of miko's drops. Predictability would have been great - perhaps to cure this, the developers should have limited mikos to 2 or 3 and guaranteed the drops each time.

I crafted 5 mikos under protest as it depleted my already-low nugget count to 10. I therefore can understand why many of us don't have the option of crafting all 5. Yet, it seems, that anyone having less than 5 mikos is particularly affected negatively by the random drop rate.

With 5 mikos, I calculated my average drop rate. Drops resonate between 2-4 per instance. A couple of others with 5 mikos have also reported similar rates (posts #184 and #207). Out of 12 collections, I got 48 bones which comes to 3.16 per collection. In essence, this a 60% drop rate. So for 3X a day collection, those with 5 mikos would get an average of about 9 golden bones per day.

Using the same odds (60%), those with 4 mikos ought to have a chance of collecting 7.2 bones per day for three collections. However, reports of 7 bones collected in 2 days would bring this to 29% drop rate, inordinately lower than those with 5 mikos.

Noting the responsiveness of S8 so far, there is still time for you to fix this anomaly (we have 7 days to go) to allow those who have come this far not to drop out due to frustration. It would be unfair if they can't complete this event after their treasured nuggets have already been depleted.

Edit: Power of post!! I have since collected 5 out of 5, as in 100% drop rate. My proposal was for those with less than 5 mikos, though, so they have a chance at finishing
    Last edited by maridadi; 01-17-20 at 04:33 AM. Reason: Addition

New Resident
    I have one Mikko but haven't collected. Have made two more sled boxes but they're stuck in storage and I can't get them out to open them! Any advice?

Fashion Designer
    I highly recommend getting a (few) gold mine(s) to build up your gold items. You will max out quickly and will be able to do the golden trade frequently so the mines actually pay for themselves in the long run. It's one of the best items in the game imho.

Also, like I mentioned in another post, chopping rock outcroppings, and I mean a lot of rock outcroppings, during weekday warrior is a great way to restore or build up your gold nuggets reserve.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikko1898 View Post
    I have one Mikko but haven't collected. Have made two more sled boxes but they're stuck in storage and I can't get them out to open them! Any advice?
    I don't think the boxes are designed to be opened - they are instead material for the Miko craft. Have you tried crafting another 2 mikos in the workshop? In addition to the box, you will need 3 steaks and 15 water.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Melany77 View Post
    I highly recommend getting a (few) gold mine(s) to build up your gold items. You will max out quickly and will be able to do the golden trade frequently so the mines actually pay for themselves in the long run. It's one of the best items in the game imho.

Also, like I mentioned in another post, chopping rock outcroppings, and I mean a lot of rock outcroppings, during weekday warrior is a great way to restore or build up your gold nuggets reserve.

Many thanks - That's my plan for at least 10 mins of the next WW. As for the gold mines, they're a limited edition and I always seem to miss them.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by hagypagy View Post
    I was thinking the same ... but just realised the reward was that it unlocked the Yarn Trap - not awarded us one. .
    Ah, thanks, now I understand. And only 20 gems. Wow. Cool. Yay.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by duckyzpond View Post
    So far the catsanthemum yield is three flowers per ten hits on my end 😥 this is gonna be exhausting 😳
    That?s what I?ve been getting as well. I get that S8 wants to make these things a little challenging, but I?m sure there are a lot of us who don?t play around the clock. I can?t see how I?m going to complete this in the time allotted. Might be time to bail.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiritWind00 View Post
    There sure is!
    Level 7: 20 anti-catnip potion, 105 pawpourri blossom, 1 indestructible harness, 4 lumin essence
    Thanks for the heads-up, SW

I've gotten everything ready, including the 20x anti-catnip potions, and am just waiting on the last two golden bones, which will be coming in just four hours. Looks like I'll be done by today with six days left on the clock