Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Still Too Many Common Dragons!!!!

Banned

Still Too Many Common Dragons!!!!

At last count, I think we have 103 or 104 common dragons in this game with 89 - 90 there to impede any chance of getting anything else, heck, even event commons.
    This thread, which is not a suggestion but a problem, is another plea to STOP requiring useless common dragons for events. We don't have the land to waste for these since it costs money to expand now, which I find ridiculous.
    As I stated before, this thread is not a suggestion, it's a problem. I will give praise though, thank you S8 for dropping the typical common dragon breeding time to 4 hours, I wish you can do to all older common dragons what you did to Virtue and drop the incubation times. Either way, common dragons chewing up time and space on anyone's island is a problem. Anyone noticed that Diamond Dragons are even more elusive these days than normal? Yes, non-stop common releases are the culprit. As I said before, it's not a suggestion, it's a problem. I made this thread because of it.

Executive Chef
    This is just my two cents: Personally, I really like many of the common dragons. Some are just so stinking cute! That being said, I agree that there are way too many of them gumming up the works. There should be a retirement time for them, like maybe a month or two after the event that they are required for has ended. I noticed that many of these dragons are able to be crafted for 100 Essence, so retiring them does not prevent people who start playing in the future from getting them entirely. They just need to craft them for a small amount of Essence.

My level 120 "baby" account still does not have a Diamond dragon. My oldest account, which I started about 4 years ago, I believe, got a Diamond dragon at a relatively low level -- I was surprised that i was able to breed it so easily.

So, in summary, I like the common event dragons and don't think that they should disappear completely, but we definitely need a system for them to be retired to make it easier to breed the other dragons that we want and need. In fact, I just posted about breeding to complete island goals, and these common dragons are definitely an impediment to me being able to breed them. Even getting Ice Age has been impossible for me because of all the dragons that Winter + Purple can make. I can't even unlock the Arctic Isles.

Nightclub Owner
    I think that new Common dragons should be breedable for a limited time (maybe for a month after issue) then be available for purchase for COINS after that. This way people can get them if they want but not be bombarded while breeding.
    Island Name: Amer Island

1883+ Unique Dragons Hatched
    409+ Unique Dragon Eggs in Storage

Banned
    I just checked my dragons in storage and count about 220 new ones, not duplicates. I think I have about 38 spaces to clear. If I buy all 5 dragon habitats that's space for 190. Hmmm . So I guess I have to hope for some good sales on 5 dragon habitats to replace the 3 dragon ones bought for coins . This might be S8's plan, new ways to get players to part with money...sigh

It would be very nice if S8 offered the fairy crossroads again or did better discounts on others, or even better offered 5 dragon habs for coins or perhaps a 100 gold upgrade on the basic 3 dragon habs to 5. Yes space is a very critical issue for many players now.

On the breeding front I have very different experience from you. In last month or so, I bred my first porcelain, then 2 more, a kite, baloon, tie dye n now an origami...all new after 5 years!!! In last 2 weeks I bred anubis then ridgeback, back to back and week later diamond horn!! Shocked at that but for me all duplicates.

I use android if that makes a difference but do wonder what's going on but I do too many fails for 1 new one. The only saving grace with all those commons is a better chance to avoid the longer hour fails.

Yea, really to many common dragons!
    Last edited by marizante7; 01-10-20 at 04:00 PM.

But many of them its really nice!
    Last edited by marizante7; 01-10-20 at 04:00 PM.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by marizante7 View Post
    But many of them its really nice!
    I agree and don't think they should be removed - I just wish they weren't 'breedable' past a certain time. I wish we could just pay for them with Coins
    Island Name: Amer Island

1883+ Unique Dragons Hatched
    409+ Unique Dragon Eggs in Storage

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by skyharbor602 View Post
    At last count, I think we have 103 or 104 common dragons in this game with 89 - 90 there to impede any chance of getting anything else, heck, even event commons.
    This thread, which is not a suggestion but a problem, is another plea to STOP requiring useless common dragons for events. We don't have the land to waste for these since it costs money to expand now, which I find ridiculous.
    As I stated before, this thread is not a suggestion, it's a problem
    Totally agree with you. I was able to breed only THREE new dragons in the last 12 months.
    It seems to me that S8 doesn’t worry about the problems facing those of us who have been playing for years - very little space left for new habitats, utter boredom of breeding duplicate commons over and over, events where format doesn’t change for months and months, bingo glitches that frequently freeze the game, and so on.

Rhino Keeper
    As I've said in previous threads regarding this issue. If S8 insist to have the common dragons requirements for All events, then pls just retire them once the relevant event is over! I just don't understand why that is so difficult?

Rhino Keeper
    I don't don't mind Commons as much as I mind all the RED Dragons we've won in the last month or two. Even the free Crimson Dragon was Red. Ugh! At least he was worth 40 points for Trade Temple.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast