Thread: BOX: Luxury Crate - 2020 January 02

Nightclub Owner

BOX: Luxury Crate - 2020 January 02

New Mystery Box and Goal

Removed Feb. 05, 2020

Luxury Crate currently on sale for 16 Gems for 34 days.
    *Will be removed at the end of this time*

Luxury Crate Contents:
    Common (4th Prize, 54%):
    Luxury Clock - wall
    Hanging Crystals - 1x1
    Fancy Cycle - 1x1

Uncommon (3rd Prize, 35%):
    Luxury Spout - 2x2
    Affluent Float - 2x1

Rare (2nd Prize, 10%):
    Luxury Plush - 2x2
    Shining Statue - 3x3

Exceptional (1st Prize, 1%):
    Glamor Floor - 4x4

Glitter and Gold - 34 Day Goal
    Have 1 Luxury Clock
    Have 1 Hanging Crystals
    Have 1 Fancy Cycle
    Have 1 Luxury Spout
    Have 1 Affluent Float
    Have 1 Luxury Plush
    Have 1 Shining Statue
    Have 1 Glamor Floor
    *Rewards: $1,000, 90 xp

NOTES:
    - Players must be Level 12 or higher to receive the Mystery Crate Goals.
    - Mystery Crate Goal is optional. It's purpose is simply to showcase the items contained within the related Mystery Box.
    - Opening the box via the goal book does NOT assure you a certain a prize. All crate purchases are RANDOM.
    - This goal will not impact your playing or your odds when purchasing the box.
    - It is not necessary to make your box purchases through the goal to have your prizes count in the goal.
    - The goal task will automatically check off the items as you randomly win them from the box.
    - You will only be charged gems when you click on the Mystery Box in the Market like you do for all box purchases.

Link to Master Box Guide for details on Mystery Boxes in general: https://forums.storm8.com/showthread...ster-Box-Guide

Inventory/Market Cards:
    Spoiler: show

Decos on Display:

*Citrine tiles under decos to show footprint

Glitter and Gold Goal Cards:

Host(ess)
    I like the inclusiveness in the Affluent Float, and hope the inclusivity in the future designs continue. As I think both are females? Correct me if I'm wrong, as I maybe. But if they both are - it's definitely a great step for the bakery story community, and representation.

However, I feel as though (besides the Affluent Float and possibly Hanging Crystals) is lacklustre - In my own opinion. As I don't like the gold in designs, but I guess, hence the reason of the name "Luxury" Crate

Regardless, if I try the box, and if I must get anything else - it'll probably just remain in storage, unfortunately. as I've no use/would want to display them items, as I don't seem to like anything else, as of yet.
    Last edited by DeadlyFangs; 01-02-20 at 04:37 PM.

Nightclub Owner
    Sorry folks but I am not a fan of this box so photos and info for the thread will mainly be relying on player participation this time around.

It's not that I dislike the theme or even the decos themselves. Rather, these items will tie in with precious few others in my very, very full storage. I really think this box should've gone to RS. Not only have they completely ignored RS when it comes to boxes this past year but these items would have fit in much better with the deco we've already got over there.

Chalk this one up to a bad job, s8.

It's great that we got a new box, just not my cup of tea. I already know I wouldn't display these items unfortunately

DeadlyFangs... I wholeheartedly agree! I definitely think there is a missed opportunity for some very colourful decor in ignoring PRIDE month as well. Throughout the month of June I strategically assemble my current tables to replicate the Pride flag and arrange lots of the party-themed items to simulate the festivities. Sure wish Storm 8 would get on board with this!

Host(ess)
    Quote Originally Posted by tastytouch View Post
    DeadlyFangs... I wholeheartedly agree! I definitely think there is a missed opportunity for some very colourful decor in ignoring PRIDE month as well. Throughout the month of June I strategically assemble my current tables to replicate the Pride flag and arrange lots of the party-themed items to simulate the festivities. Sure wish Storm 8 would get on board with this!
    I definitely agree.

I hope if they do continue this, they include not just more WLW couples, but a MLM couple also. And much more designs with inclusivity with the LGBTQ+ community in it.

In fact, if I get 2 of them when I do try for this crate, I got an area already waiting for them, with the pride bridge, which I'm happy for!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	34B2DDDB-365A-4879-8C8D-487CDD519D7F.jpeg 
Views:	115 
Size:	466.1 KB 
ID:	54385

I think it's nice that you do something for pride month, even though we don't have decorations for it in particular, or "too specific" decorations for it. I'm hoping eventually, we will though! Especially since we have what appears to be a WLW couple now, which is very nice to see. And a step in great direction, and for in my previous post, representation.

To be honest, if it weren't for the "Affluent Float" couple, I wouldn't try for this crate, at all. I'm only trying because I'm glad to finally see an inclusive couple of the LGBTQ+ community, And hope it continues in the future.

I live in New Zealand. Just outside Christchurch in the south island.
    Hi Everyone. I've dipped in this crate a few times now and I would like to know what other people think of the sizes of the Plush black seat and the tiny little bikes. They are far too small to be of any use any where. They are so small that even with my glasses on I had to bring up the screen to get a look at them. Even at 16 gems it's still a lot to use and I got 2 of the bikes and 2 of the seat, I was hoping to get more of the crystal lamps they are so pretty. So what do you think?