Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: GOAL: Dealing Recipe Cards - 2020 January 02 (15 Days)

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadlyFangs View Post
    Please forgive me, as I cannot be sure, but is the "full house" decoration in reference to gambling? Even though I am above the age of gambling requirements, I do not gamble personally, as I am not American. However that might just be a stereotype I have.. if so, I apologise/ze. Regardless, the only gambling I've done yet/participated in - is just the boxes/crates on this game, if you must consider it that. Probably because I can barely afford what this game has at times, and I think gambling in the real world is more expensive.

Well regardless of what this goal might be of, it definitely will fit well with the Alice in wonderland goal we've had in the past few years. However, unfortunately I do not have the items from that goal.

So far I like it, if I must admit it. Especially the Clock tower thing.
    While the term Full House is one that is used in Poker, it is a common term used to describe a specific hand in many other card games as well so I wouldn't classify it as a 'gambling term' at all.

EDIT: Has anyone else noticed how poorly the wallpaper lines up where it meets the next panel? I can't decide if I'm being a nitpick or if it really is as bad as my eyes are imagining it to be, lol.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BS 01-02-2020 Wallpaper Issue.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	86.8 KB 
ID:	54360

Host(ess)
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnirasSweets View Post
    While the term Full House is one that is used in Poker, it is a common term used to describe a specific hand in many other card games as well so I wouldn't classify it as a 'gambling term' at all.

EDIT: Has anyone else noticed how poorly the wallpaper lines up where it meets the next panel? I can't decide if I'm being a nitpick or if it really is as bad as my eyes are imagining it to be, lol.

That makes sense, in a way. So thank you for explaining that to me.

As the Alice in wonderland goal or theme of a goal a few years back, had a card type of a table, so it does make sense now.

I've never personally watched Alice in wonderland, but I reckon or may think that it has many card references, so it doesn't necessarily have to mean gambling (like I thought, at first) which is good.
    Last edited by DeadlyFangs; 01-02-20 at 05:51 PM.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Jojocl141587 View Post
    Here?s the first recipe on the first appliance

Attachment 54359
    Very nice. I liked it

Rhino Keeper
    Side goal is really expensive imho. 4300 coins and 5600 coins per recipe. I'm losing money real fast this time after almost spending all my money in the Christmas sale

Executive Chef

Yes! So annoying!

Also, DeadlyFangs, Americans aren't the only gamblers in the world! (And not all of us gamble, either.) I'm not insulted or anything, just thought I'd point that out.

Quote Originally Posted by twospoons View Post
    Yes! So annoying.

As a 2D graphic designer(printing), may I say it's really hard to sync up the pattern for wallpaper/rpt pattern e.g. Bedsheets, tablecloths n still have a nice aesthetic look. You may say then don't do patterns if you can't make it look like it fits; well sometimes designing has to make deadlines n just good enuf is the minimum standard.

As for me the pattern here is nice n barely noticeable on my phone. Not to say your opinion isn't valid, just tat it's hard n sometimes designers like to try hard things even if it doesn't work perfectly to some.

I'd like to give kudos/props to the designers/programmers for a good job on this event for the design; antoher user specified the cake design above as a nice design. I think this events design is outstanding n non-repetitive which some have complained for a long time, so thnx for (not re-using), new (to me ) designs, recipes n deco for this event. . I think we shd acknowledge storm8 designers/programmers for designing/giving us new designs, deco recipes, wbu?

Also thnx AnnirasSweets for posting n giving us such quick n accurate info on events. I'm very grateful, thnx.
    Last edited by steveioh2; 01-02-20 at 09:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by steveioh2 View Post
    As a 2D graphic designer(printing), may I say it's really hard to sync up the pattern for wallpaper/rpt pattern e.g. Bedsheets, tablecloths n still have a nice aesthetic look. You may say then don't do patterns if you can't make it look like it fits; well sometimes designing has to make deadlines n just good enuf is the minimum standard.

As for me the pattern here is nice n barely noticeable on my phone. Not to say your opinion isn't valid, just tat it's hard n sometimes designers like to try hard things even if it doesn't work perfectly to some.

I'd like to give kudos/props to the designers/programmers for a good job on this event for the design; antoher user specified the cake design above as a nice design. I think this events design is outstanding n non-repetitive which some have complained for a long time, so thnx for (not re-using), new (to me ) designs, recipes n deco for this event. . I think we shd acknowledge storm8 designers/programmers for designing/giving us new designs, deco recipes, wbu?

Also thnx AnnirasSweets for posting n giving us such quick n accurate info on events. I'm very grateful, thnx.

👆 Yes to all of this. 💝

Thank you Storm 8. So much better than the weird goals last year leaving cake batter around.....

Loving these new goals. Keep it up! 🎀🎉🎀

Huge thanks to AnnirasSweets. You're too awesome to do this every single goal. 💝

Rhino Keeper
    I love the theme it’s refreshing and has no little kids or dogs playing in the grass. Don’t misunderstand me I love kids and dogs. I’m not a gambler either but I do like to play cards with friends. I’m enjoying this goal....and I like red and black.

Fashion Designer
    I LOVE the cake. I had to start the goal just to get it and the card cookies or whatever they're called.

I'm not a huge fan of cards, but it's a good idea for a goal and so far seems to be very well done. The counters aren't too hot, but the rest looks good.

I don't care if I don't finish, which is good because I won't.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadlyFangs View Post
    Please forgive me, as I cannot be sure, but is the "full house" decoration in reference to gambling? Even though I am above the age of gambling requirements, I do not gamble personally, as I am not American. However that might just be a stereotype I have.. if so, I apologise/ze. Regardless, the only gambling I've done yet/participated in - is just the boxes/crates on this game, if you must consider it that. Probably because I can barely afford what this game has at times, and I think gambling in the real world is more expensive.

Well regardless of what this goal might be of, it definitely will fit well with the Alice in wonderland goal we've had in the past few years. However, unfortunately I do not have the items from that goal.

So far I like it, if I must admit it. Especially the Clock tower thing.
    Gambling takes place all over the world and existed long before the fantastic country that is our America was earned. I'm not sure where you live, but a study of history might be helpful to you.

A "full house" is used in gambling and also in the game Yahtzee.

Anyone else having problems getting credit for Magic Trick Cupcakes?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast