Page 22 of 34 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 1/2: Monster Hunt season 22 (Hiss in Boots)| event information on page 1

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritWind00 View Post
    The new meat cleaver goal is to help the many players who have been stuck for 2-3 events not being able to **** off fangbeasts and now blue dire boars. It was easier to award everyone with the meat cleaver than to identify all of the individual players who should have received that goal way back when they built their kitchen and castle back around level 12ish. For the majority of us, the cleaver just moved from the last page of our inventory to the first!

If anyone who was previously stuck is still stuck, force close your game to get the Leave It To Cleaver goal to activate to collect the meat cleaver.

I'll add this to page 1. Please help other players who might post and miss this info by referring them to post 1. thanks all.
    I'm glad they solved the problem. Now I have 2 meat cleavers LOL.

I got the kit in boots in both my kingdoms, now only playing for gold troll coins. I don't care much for the leaderboard, though in my groups nothing excessive is gong on. No. 1 in my first kingdom has a reasonable 6000- points.
    Storm8 ID Andro45, CS - Hidden valley, DS - K's isle
    Storm8 ID #2 Kimmykatje, CS - Kittyland, DS - Dragowomil

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritWind00 View Post
    If it's ok with you, I'll use this on page 1 as a nice summary as it goes a little further to what I already had. Thanks ginerp!
    Sorry I just saw this and I noticed you wisely already did it, with the helpful addition of the prison.

Rhino Keeper
    Oh and if I were making the list today I'd add getting out all my cloudberry bushes as they have a consistently good monster spawn rate and it's a good time to stock up on wisp essence.

Moderator (volunteer) SpiritWind00's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Andro45 View Post
    I'm glad they solved the problem. Now I have 2 meat cleavers LOL.
    {Snip}.
    One cleaver for each hand. Makes the ruler more powerful! Here little beastie!!!

Executive Chef
    I now have three meat cleavers! Need that Sweeney Todd event back!

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnirasSweets View Post
    Since I dislike LBs intensely, I create my own self-appointed goals to occupy myself during them. This time around, I've decided to craft all the animals I don't care for in the MRC (only 4 left!) to get them out of the way. Then, next time around, I plan to focus on the goal I actually want to achieve: maxing out the Glimmer Dragons and Glimmer Manticores.
    Quote Originally Posted by riverly View Post
    I like this approach! I guess the max on those dragons and manticores is 99?
    Oh lawd! Just goes to show we're all at different levels of playing this game. I'm in between pit stopping for a unicorn or nose to the grindstone for the Wizard Portal. Not sure if I can get 25 more gold coins before the end of this hunt, so might end up crafting a creature instead.

Posting again as I received no responses to original plus I have updates:

So good news updates: despite my dislike for leaderboards looks like I am in a group that just does not care (hoping players are not holding out until last minute but if so I?m still covered. Currently sitting in first with 700pts between me and second. Every night before bed make swords, then next night buy beast maker boost for 10 gems and get my 180 plus dire bore and then horses while making hats for the hour. I still at the end have 800-900 energy to spare which is why I?m not worried if a player comes up because I have the energy to keep going as well last few hours. As long as I?m first or second, at this point I invested time and energy.

So question which I did not get reply:

Also seems I am maxed on everything worth getting. I can afford the armors kitty which does not have good reviews but is adorable.

I can afford a second cabbage hut which 4 months ago I would have said is a great investment but hardly use now as I can?t remember last ali drop or useful drop I didn?t have already. But still never know when it may come in use again

Or I can hold on use my Unicorns and my Beastbane for the gold droppings and save up for Wizards Portal. Still time, 4 coins to go so I?ll make it during hunt but from my understanding it takes gold to upgrade it

Suggestions on the 3? All animals just drop random items or the kit for golden apples but with two golden mines I?m already maxed up. Maxed on all expansion and energy animals except for new Kitty knight which is supposed to drop expansion items hence my wanting to also get him hoping drops will improve despite cuteness lol
    Last edited by janddolphins; 01-07-20 at 09:15 PM.
    Proud Owner: Dolphin Palace
    Play often, help w/ requests & gifts. Looking for 1-2 40+ to exchange wisps I have great neighbors I gift but they?re often full. I gift back in order so it would be 1-2 days

Love the game & aesthetics, want it to look real/fun & true! During quests sadly aesthetics put aside for collections, but happy when over. Have expansions to improve as well!
    Still part of the confirmation button club!

Life is more fun if you play games" - Roald Dahl 

Moderator (volunteer) SpiritWind00's Avatar
    If I were you I would probably go for the Wizard Portal and upgrade 1; then the Kitty Knight/s; then the cabbage hut. It really a matter of personal choice though where you put the cabbage hut on the list - if you have 1 already and/or you're happy with how you play the Baron's Tent then keep it at third. In time you'll have them all anyway. Just a matter of making a choice and then to keep plugging away. Let us know what you end up doing as it's always good for other players just starting out to see what options they have and what they can learn from choices already made.

Executive Chef
    JanDolphin, I'm still undecided on my choice too. I too already have the Uni's and Lions ..etc. So I'm just gathering gold tokens and will make my final decision after the hunt. Beastbane statue was a good investment.
    But I really am happy with my 2 fully upgraded Wizard Portals, but I have 2 Cabbage huts. I'm kinda a collector so I have a huge stash of cabbages. Because of that I was able to trade a lot for snowballs and got that grand prize.
    I'm leaning towards my last Armoured Direwolf. And check that off the list.

Why cats and dogs all of a sudden? Just a thought that I had.
    Last edited by riverly; 01-07-20 at 10:03 PM.

Rhino Keeper
    Just read through a bunch of pages:
    - I get gold tokens from troll camp now and again, and collect 3 times a day except on start of event days in case it is needed for event.
    - note that wizard portals waaaay better investment than armoured direwolves.
    - what SW said about priorities - you can't make a wrong decision amongst the ones listed
    - I have loads of flygers and armoured flygers - the drop rate for expansion tickets is rare, it they do drop. Presume our new kitty similar, about once every 1-3 months.

My goal for this event was to get a second WP and upgrade it as much as poss whilst retaining an energy reserve. I'm done, w second WP built and upgraded to L4. I have repetitive strain injury on my index finger and have mastered double screening (kindle and iPad) w peripheral vision on high alert for when the golems go down and I need to tap another horse. I am very happy.

I will eventually get the kitties from the MRC but beginning to be mindful of a zoo effect on my board.

I did an experiment and bought loads if iliums and compared to energy per gold coin (all on, incl. bronze trades) w horsies/Golems. Bottom lines for my results:
    - golems/horses - 70.4 energy all in (3 and a bit golems per coin), wastage on staff coins.
    - iliums - 73 energy per gold coin (but I contaminated the experiment w 5 horses because I was maxing on sword coins and I emotionally broke down at the waste). : )

I got tons of wisps from it with an unusually good run, but it took a lot more focus and I couldn't read and do the iliums. : ) There isn't much difference per coin so I guess it depends on priorities.

I used to do cloudberry bushes too but am maxed on the blue cloudberries and it is waaaaaay easier to multiply tap a root than rummage through the bushes, plus there isn't a wait to recharge to bushes. And it takes up less room. But if you need cloudberries, it's a fab strategy.

Like SW said, like many players say, loads of possibilities, see what works for you, loads of great choices.

Except the armoured direwolf before the WP energy wise, IF energy yield is the priority. ; )
    Not accepting neighbors. Sorry. Gratitude for all forum contributors and leaders. This game would be unplayable without you.