Page 7 of 34 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 1/2: Monster Hunt season 22 (Hiss in Boots)| event information on page 1

Fashion Designer
    Thought I wanted the snowballs craft. Wrong. Having a 6 hour craft in the wagon turned out to be a deadly trap. Instead of spending 3s for a gold trade now the wagon is out for 6 hours. No monster hunt for 6 hours. Agrrrrrrrrrrr. Or pay up the gems. Genius. Just genius S8

Quote Originally Posted by ginerp View Post
    Even after many many monster hunts, I always have to make a mental list of helpful things to get out/ collect from:

Horses (for unlimited glimmer golems)
    Dead trees (for once daily blue dire boar)
    Lorelei's fountain (chance to drop gold tokens)
    Jousting arena (level five guaranteed monster spawn)
    Monster statues (drop coins)
    Troll sparring pit (guaranteed troll spawn)
    Lair of beasts (guaranteed monster spawn)
    Go through inventory for any monster traps I may have forgotten or not known I had.
    What monster statues are you referring to? Thanks,

Executive Chef
    Even after many many monster hunts, I always have to make a mental list of helpful things to get out/ collect from:

Go through inventory for any monster traps I may have forgotten or not known I had.
    Thanks for the list ginerp! Very helpful

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaillock View Post
    What monster statues are you referring to? Thanks,
    https://forums.storm8.com/showthread...=1#post1425335

Information about the Statues

History of the Statues
    * The 3 monster statues were originally awarded as decoration for completing Season 1.
    * Season 2 saw the return of the statues as a source of drops of specific types of tokens. Once placed on your board they have a 22 hour collection timer on them.
    * In Season 3, the 3 statues became a craft in the Trade Wagon. They were only available as a craft, not a reward from goals. The craft was only available during this season. [This craft is no longer available; it was exclusive to Season 3.] | Skunkupine - 10 gold tokens | Fangbeast - 25 gold tokens | Dire boar - 50 gold tokens
    * The statues have not been available for players as separate crafts or rewards since season 3.

Drops from Statues:
    Skunkupine Statue: shield tokens (around 5 per collection)
    Fangbeast Statue: sword tokens (around 2 per collection)
    Dire boar Statue: staff tokens (around 1 per collection)

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Melany77 View Post
    Thought I wanted the snowballs craft. Wrong. Having a 6 hour craft in the wagon turned out to be a deadly trap. Instead of spending 3s for a gold trade now the wagon is out for 6 hours. No monster hunt for 6 hours. Agrrrrrrrrrrr. Or pay up the gems. Genius. Just genius S8
    Ouch! I'm not participating in the Snowball event, but for those who are this is terrible.
    Sorry you have to wait 6 hours Melany77. Hopefully your post helps other players not to walk into the same trap/ reminds them to time the Snowball craft carefully.

Rhino Keeper
    My direwolf drops just about ONLY 20 each time as well. I did the math, wizard portal WAY better. Fully upgraded my first, going for a second this week. : )

Edit add - sorry, thought I had responded to earlier comment. Anywho, with a 5 hour timer, you can collect at least 3 times a day. Fully upgraded, -
    3 collections x 8 energy (that's 24) less 3 energy for collection is 21 energy gain per day.

You essentially get a direwolf's worth PER DAY, and keep in mind a fully upgraded portal is 170 gold coins total (2 direwolves worth, still way worth it)

For the basic portal, when you get 4 energy per collection, over 5 days, 3 collections a day -
    15. Collections x 4 energy is 60, less the 15 per collection, 45 energy net gain guaranteed....

...Versus the probable 20 from a direwolf every 5 days. Some people have very very productive direwolves, very diff stats from what mine gives. But you have to be quite lucky.

Hope this helps people w decision making. : )
    Last edited by newyear5780; 01-03-20 at 12:33 AM.
    Not accepting neighbors. Sorry. Gratitude for all forum contributors and leaders. This game would be unplayable without you.

Volunteer Moderator SpiritWind00's Avatar

If it's ok with you, I'll use this on page 1 as a nice summary as it goes a little further to what I already had. Thanks ginerp!

Rhino Keeper
    Thank you for posting that on page 1, SW. Thank you ginerp for posting. : D

A bit of my opinion/assessment on the kitty tokens in terms of strategy in case it is useful to anyone.

They seem fairly pointless, actually. I think I am better off going for monsters rather than for the leaderboard points if you aren't overly into leader boards (which I am not) and into gold coins (which I am).

Horses come full grown, so if you buy a bunch of them all you have to do is wait and you have a guaranteed Spawn.

I join the others who do not wish to compete with our lovely community members. I wish they were away for everybody to get the big prize irrespective of their level. I REALLY don't like competing in this community even when/if I stand a good chance of winning.

Best wishes to all.
    Not accepting neighbors. Sorry. Gratitude for all forum contributors and leaders. This game would be unplayable without you.

Fashion Designer
    Ugh. Leaderboard. I loathe these as they are so unfair.

Rhino Keeper

It says on page 1: * DON'T tap the troll pit. The following do not drop tokens - trolls, pink skunkupine, pink alicorn, wedding alicorn, gem horses. Edit: trolls may be included but they change from season to season.

So I don't know if tapping the troll pit is a good idea...

Got some gold troll tokens already, but I just don't know what to use them on...
    Storm8 ID Andro45, CS - Hidden valley, DS - K's isle
    Storm8 ID #2 Kimmykatje, CS - Kittyland, DS - Dragowomil

Page 7 of 34 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast