Page 14 of 34 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 1/2: Monster Hunt season 22 (Hiss in Boots)| event information on page 1

Unhappy Really dislike "leaderboard"

Okay, in the first few HOURS of this event starting, the player in my group at #1 position had FIVE THOUSAND points. As of now, player #1 has 18,000 points and player #2 has 8,000. Goodness knows how much REAL money they are spending, BUT who stands a chance against those numbers? Even if you played several times a day AND bought a few $4.99 deals w/15 minutes of unlimited energy you couldn't catch up I just don't understand how certain people rack up that amount of points so quickly I gotta say that what bothers me the most is that with this kind of scenario, the rest of the players in the group know immediately that it'll be nearly impossible to ever win first or second place and get the ultimate prize.

Sorry guys but I needed to vent. Thank you for allowing me to/listening. I feel better now!
    THANK YOU moderators & forum participants for the invaluable help!
    The trouble with trouble is, it starts out as fun
    FF ID: AaAPocos
    DS ID: CB's DraGoons
    CS ID: CB's Kingdom

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by sirmacisback View Post
    Did anyone notice that the message 2 (or 3) points gained is misleading as only one point is credited? Is this a bug?
    Yes this pop up sums up the points earned since it last popped up. It's too slow. I ignore it and the left strike button and watch the points tally in the upper right.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by pocopicasso View Post
    Okay, in the first few HOURS of this event starting, the player in my group at #1 position had FIVE THOUSAND points. As of now, player #1 has 18,000 points and player #2 has 8,000. Goodness knows how much REAL money they are spending, BUT who stands a chance against those numbers? Even if you played several times a day AND bought a few $4.99 deals w/15 minutes of unlimited energy you couldn't catch up I just don't understand how certain people rack up that amount of points so quickly I gotta say that what bothers me the most is that with this kind of scenario, the rest of the players in the group know immediately that it'll be nearly impossible to ever win first or second place and get the ultimate prize.

Sorry guys but I needed to vent. Thank you for allowing me to/listening. I feel better now!
    Those high points do not necessarily mean the player is spending a lot of money. These are the players that have herds of alicorns and have thousands of energy built up. They can then use the boost and double their points and spawn lots of golems in a few hours time.
    I agree with you. Most players don't stand a chance. Unless they spend real money. I hope they don't. It will end up costing a lot.
    I don't like leaderboards.

I wish that S8 would group players using the max total energy per day of the buildings/animals. That way we would be at least starting on an even playing field. Surely this would be better for S8 too as players might be more willing to purchase a value pack if it meant they might actually have a chance of getting the prizes. Personally I would find the leaderboards more exciting if there was actual competition with changing rankings between players. Instead a few players get way in front early and stay that way the whole event.

Executive Chef
    I feel like a nosy person when I visit the other players in my group and I count their alicorns.
    But.... it does help me know what I'm up against now and also in the last days of the hunt. That's when things can change really fast. And then Bam! You're way behind!
    Also to be fair, a lot of the high energy players are probably mainly going for as many gold tokens as they can.
    I can't fault them for that.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by tealbird81 View Post
    I have not received any gold tokens from anything!!! I have made about 14 using all my energy fighting golems. Have only had 1 fang beast since monster hunt.
    You only get Golden Troll Tokens from Princess Lorelei's Fountain (rare, only during Monster Hunts), Unicorns (very rare, also outside of Monster Hunts) and The Beastbane Display (can be bought with Gems, also outside of Monster Hunts).
    The Troll Camp also has a chance to drop them (also outside of Monster Hunts), but that's a very very very very rare drop.

Fighting Golems and making them yourself is an excellent strategy!

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by pocopicasso View Post

Maybe it's good to realize it's only about 1 Prize. 1 Energy Dropper (daily/ weekly/ something else..., we don't know) But it's just about 1 cat.

You might be better of (and have much more fun) just not competing, going for as much Golden Troll Tokens as you can and save your Gems/ Money for other (fun) things.
    In my opinion Hiss in Boots is not the 'Final Prize'. It's just a little bonus for the players who spent a lot of Energy/ Gems/ Money and/or get swept along in the competitive aspect.

I don't compete because I'm against making this a competitive game, but I'm still having a great time!
    Just made my 4th Unicorn and got a Golden Troll Token from another.
    These are good Castle Story Times, try to enjoy!

Rhino Keeper
    Ditto Ronja.

I really wanted a second wizard portal and to upgrade it. I don't give a hoot about the LB prize, and even being in first place is deeply unsatisfying to me for the reason stated by many -- because not everyone has a proper chance to have one, esp when I am not trying for it, just getting on w gold token production, which I do enjoy. I do this game because I do not want to compete in my recreation. Much prefer group efforts or just getting on with things on my own.

Competing teams means some - many - teams would be saddled w members who don't contribute much.
    Not accepting neighbors. Sorry. Gratitude for all forum contributors and leaders. This game would be unplayable without you.

Fashion Designer
    I've given up competing in these unfair leaderboards because they finish at 2 or 3am (depending on "daylight saving"). Right now it's a 2am finish and oddly enough, I won't be awake. There is always a last minute "tactical points boost" from many players that means if you aren't awake when the competition finishes, you need to be way way ahead of anyone to be sure of a win. Overnight I dropped from 4th to 6th and it's not even the last flurry of point scoring.

Still, no one cares so I'm not expecting them to vary the end times any time soon. It doesn't matter with ordinary events but it does in the leaderboards.

I'm not even sure there's anything left I want to spend my gold tokens on 😂 I have all the unicorns etc. Maybe the maxotaur but I never seem to be short on feasts anyway.

Thumbs up

Thanks for the feedback on my"Really dislike leaderboard"post.
    Agree & well said! I sure didn't mean to sound all Negative-Nancy sittin here bashing those who are able to gain a lot of points quickly. I just wish S8 would try and match the groups a bit more evenly so that some other players (maybe new or lower level) could at least have a chance to "win" or actually be a part of the competition.
    Personally I don't care much for competing, it's ALL about the monster hunt & those pretty, shiny golden tokens..I got stuff to create!
    THANK YOU moderators & forum participants for the invaluable help!
    The trouble with trouble is, it starts out as fun
    FF ID: AaAPocos
    DS ID: CB's DraGoons
    CS ID: CB's Kingdom