Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Why has the Crash Crash Crash thread been closed

Executive Chef
    I got a brand new iPhone 11 straight out of the box and activated it on January 11. That very night I experienced rollbacks, closeouts, etc.

Today I was in my brand new level 32 account (point being that it is a small account that doesn't take up a lot of memory yet), moved a dragon from one habitat to another, and then hatched a Cosmos dragon into the habitat. I came back about 3 hours later and there was the Cosmos dragon still sitting on the nest and the other dragon still in the wrong habitat. Ugh! So, yes, brand new devices have the same issues. Brand new accounts have these problems.

Again, Storage and RAM are different. The games have many animations loading on screen, and that’s why slowdowns occur. Storm8 unfortunately can’t do anything about it as they do not make the devices. This is why phones cannot run things like Photoshop, there just isn’t enough processing power and RAM in them.
    Paul__ ~ Moderator

Need forum help or have a game question? Click to send a private message
    Having trouble with your game? Click to contact Storm8 Support

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul__ View Post
    Again, Storage and RAM are different. The games have many animations loading on screen, and that’s why slowdowns occur. Storm8 unfortunately can’t do anything about it as they do not make the devices. This is why phones cannot run things like Photoshop, there just isn’t enough processing power and RAM in them.
    Then maybe Elsa shouldn't have asked us to send videos of the shutdowns and make it sound like they could help?

I mentioned this about two years ago but I think it may be worth bringing up again:

That there is a possibility that the crashes are related to synchronizing issues. We all seem to be so focused on the game crashing after it runs out of memory, but in some tests that I did, (I was bored), my devices still had loads of free memory when the crashes occurred.

I know we haven't been talking about rollback and synchro issues very much, but these are very much a part of the crashing issues we face so...

Executive Chef
    I will admit that I am not very tech savvy and I don't understand how a lot of this works. I have my own areas of expertise in life, and this is not one of them. What I do know, or at least what I *believe,* is that the game *should* work with a certain level of reliability. I don't think it is too much to expect. S8 is a business, and, as such, I believe that they should deliver the highest level of quality and customer service that they are capable of, whatever that may be. It is what I expect from any business - not perfection, just that they do their best. It's not that I don't believe S8 staff are trying hard, but there are *many* issues that players have brought to their attention that just never seem to get fixed or addressed in any way. There is thread after thread after thread about things that negatively affect game play. Many are just personal peeves or preferences (some people want fewer events; some people want events to be reworked; some people believe that breeding is rigged, some people even complain that there are too many of a certain color of dragon *eye roll* etc.). However, to me, the game *actually functioning as it should* is more important than any personal preference. I realize that it is possible that S8 doesn't have the money to buy newer equipment or to hire more staff to address issues and work on different games. I don't really understand because they have about 20 games and things I have read made it sound like some of the games earn a lot of money, so I don't understand why the money isn't there. I personally spend WAY TOO MUCH on S8 games. I spend at least a couple hundred dollars per month, often well over the $200 mark. I am paying for something that I enjoy and, in return, I expect it to do what it is supposed to do. I could obviously be using the money to save for retirement or send to charity or something. Maybe that is what I will start doing because it is apparently foolish of me to think that these issues will be fixed. Like I said above, if these issues can't be resolved by S8, then why would they ask us for more in depth information about the crashes, leading us to believe, or at least to hope, that the problems could be resolved? Also, maybe instead of having 20 different games, they should have a few games that they really pour their resources into and stop monkeying around with things like Jewel Mania and stuff. I would love to see how much money and how many players each of their games actually has and see if they allocate their resources accordingly.

Anyway, I wasn't even mad about the rollback I mentioned earlier; I was just documenting it, but now I'm questioning the whole thing.

Quote Originally Posted by mymonta View Post
    <Snip...> I would love to see how much money and how many players each of their games actually has and see if they allocate their resources accordingly.

Anyway, I wasn't even mad about the rollback I mentioned earlier; I was just documenting it, but now I'm questioning the whole thing.
    Information on much they make for each of their games (close estimates) is available publically. How much they allocate to R&D, equipment, etc. is also available publically, but you'll have to dig.

The Honorable Panda
    Please do not restart a thread, after a thread on the same topic as been closed.

The forum cannot help with individual device issues. Please contact support . ( see link in my signature)

Quote Originally Posted by [S8] Elsa View Post
    Please send screen recordings of your crashes to support so they can evaluate and determine this. The issue is that players are generalizing crashes and assuming that everyone's problem is the same and it isn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by [S8] Elsa View Post

Most people will experience out of memory issues with 1400+ dragons on an iPhone 6. Their issue is they crash when playing on an XR, so it's a completely different situation.

My response wasn't for you, but you've highlighted a problem which is me attempting to give personalized support in a public environment. It's not actually helping, so we'll discontinue here.

Gong forward, if anyone needs help with a crash. Please contact Support so that you can receive personalized service without any confusion. These are not one-size fix all situations. Thanks!

Need me? Send Me A Private Message

Note: Due to some personal matters, I will not be on over the weekend.

Contact Storm8 by filling out this form: support.storm8.
    How to submit Support Request

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123