Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Why has the Crash Crash Crash thread been closed

Executive Chef
    Need to redo.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by amerirish View Post
    Well, sort of...the gist of it was that even though all of our games are crashing, it's for completely personalized reasons. Riiiiiiight.

Exactly. She said it was not a "one size fix (sic) all." Lol! Pretty sure the expression is "one size fits all."

I'm not saying I agree or necessarily disagree with Elsa. However, we aren't supposed to question the actions of forum mods or social community managers, so I imagine this thread won't be really well received by said folks. I would hate to see anyone suspended, even temporarily.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mymonta View Post
    Exactly. She said it was not a "one size fix (sic) all." Lol! Pretty sure the expression is "one size fits all."

I'm not saying I agree or necessarily disagree with Elsa. However, we aren't supposed to question the actions of forum mods or social community managers, so I imagine this thread won't be really well received by said folks. I would hate to see anyone suspended, even temporarily.
    Or what happened to a few - permanently. It's a no win situation so I'm not complaining nor being critical. I've already put a solution out there and I'm leaving it at that. And on that note, I'm going to start the Sootfoot Tournament thread in a few minutes - the event I enjoy the most on Dragon Story.

I've just been ignoring the crashing issues since my last post on the matter. They told me that they are looking into the issues and that they are trying to solve them so I'm choosing to believe them. After all, they have no reason to lie to us or give us the run-around do they?

However, what is really getting up my nose these days are the **** "surprise" rollbacks. I say surprise because that's exactly what they are. In the past, these rollbacks happen right before your eyes and because you are aware of them, you can just redo the actions. In the last week or so, with increasing frequencies, I'm experiencing rollbacks in my games that happen sometime after my device goes to sleep. Here are examples of the last three incidences:

Incident 1
    - I embarked on a bingo task to harvest fifteen Fire Apples within four hours and began by planting my first seven Fire Apples.
    - They became ready, so I started the task-timer, collected the first seven and planted another seven Fire Apples.
    - I went back into the game an hour-and-a-half later, collected the second batch of seven Fire Apples then planted two more (one to complete the 15 required and one more just in case).
    - I also planted five Rushrooms for another Bingo task that required the harvesting of five of them.
    - I then let my device go to sleep with DS still running on the screen. My device is set to sleep after five minutes of inactivity.
    - I came back two hours later to find that the game had inexplicably "rolled back" to a point where both the Fire Apples and the first Rushroom planted were missing. Somehow, the game rolled back in such a way that it didn't record that they had been planted, yet captured the planting of the last four Rushrooms.

Incident 2
    - Putting that incident aside, I went on to collect my "Bells Are Ringing" quest, only to find that this had rolled back too and I was staring an unactivated Quest Outpost.

Incident 3
    - Ignoring my loss of a Classic Chocolate, I put my Chime Dragon into the Evolution Temple to get it to level 4. This time, I decided to check-in after an hour and sure enough, it had rolled back again and my dragon wasn't in the Evolution Temple.

When the game crashes, I just restart it and redo what I had done and everything goes on. However, when one of these surprise-rollbacks occurs, I end up with incomplete tasks and expired Bingo timers and the very real possibility of a Tales event that cannot be completed.

I'm highly tempted to end this post with something sarcastic, but I won't go that way.

Quote Originally Posted by deadpixel View Post
    I've just been ignoring the crashing issues since my last post on the matter. They told me that they are looking into the issues and that they are trying to solve them so I'm choosing to believe them. After all, they have no reason to lie to us or give us the run-around do they?

However, what is really getting up my nose these days are the **** "surprise" rollbacks. I say surprise because that's exactly what they are. In the past, these rollbacks happen right before your eyes and because you are aware of them, you can just redo the actions. In the last week or so, with increasing frequencies, I'm experiencing rollbacks in my games that happen sometime after my device goes to sleep. Here are examples of the last three incidences:

Incident 1
    - I embarked on a bingo task to harvest fifteen Fire Apples within four hours and began by planting my first seven Fire Apples.
    - They became ready, so I started the task-timer, collected the first seven and planted another seven Fire Apples.
    - I went back into the game an hour-and-a-half later, collected the second batch of seven Fire Apples then planted two more (one to complete the 15 required and one more just in case).
    - I also planted five Rushrooms for another Bingo task that required the harvesting of five of them.
    - I then let my device go to sleep with DS still running on the screen. My device is set to sleep after five minutes of inactivity.
    - I came back two hours later to find that the game had inexplicably "rolled back" to a point where both the Fire Apples and the first Rushroom planted were missing. Somehow, the game rolled back in such a way that it didn't record that they had been planted, yet captured the planting of the last four Rushrooms.

Incident 2
    - Putting that incident aside, I went on to collect my "Bells Are Ringing" quest, only to find that this had rolled back too and I was staring an unactivated Quest Outpost.

Incident 3
    - Ignoring my loss of a Classic Chocolate, I put my Chime Dragon into the Evolution Temple to get it to level 4. This time, I decided to check-in after an hour and sure enough, it had rolled back again and my dragon wasn't in the Evolution Temple.

When the game crashes, I just restart it and redo what I had done and everything goes on. However, when one of these surprise-rollbacks occurs, I end up with incomplete tasks and expired Bingo timers and the very real possibility of a Tales event that cannot be completed.

I'm highly tempted to end this post with something sarcastic, but I won't go that way.

See its posts like that where I don't think Elsa should have closed my thread. Clearly many many many people still want to discuss over it because asking us to contact support does not seem to help... I have tried numerous times asking for support on the crashing and I NEVER get the problem fixed ever. Friends of mine have tried too. They always say the same thing to us in support, accuse our device, net or not being up to date (which mine always is). We should be allowed to discuss it and not get swept under the rug...
    8+ years friendly DS player. I'm ⒶⓁⓌⒶⓎⓈ accepting active new neighbors, event item requests and maps. I also always reply to messages, message away or write on my wall to chat! Ⓜⓐⓡⓑⓛⓔ ⓚⓔⓨⓢ time requirements are the ⓦⓞⓡⓢⓣ!⃝

~✿❀✿~❃❁❃~✿❀✿~

Executive Chef
    I've experienced these surprise rollbacks, too, and I honestly thought I was losing my mind - that I had simply not put the dragon in the evolution temple like I thought I had or something. However after it happened multiple times, i realized it must be the game and not just me.

Rhino Keeper
    I just had a rollback from Bingo. Collected my 7 seven hour crops and then had to put in 2 twenty hour crops. Did that and it rolled back and I put in two more 20 hour crops and then discovered that I had to do the 7 seven hour crops again but now I have 4 twenty hour crops to wait for. I don?t stand a chance in doing that without spending gems or using my speedups,which I refuse to do when this was not my fault. No more Bingo for me. I have had issues of rollbacks with other parts of the game too. In battles I have spent gems to get past a hard opponent only for it to roll back again to the same foe. GRRRRRR! Yes, I am a longtime player who has spent my share of $$$ on this game. I finally quit Fantasy Forest a few years ago and now I am about ready to quit this game as I am almost out of space. I just missed getting an upgrade in the stable for 900 gems but it must have been a short term Black Friday sale. I had hoped to get a few more months to be able to play more but I think my playing days will be limited since it is getting harder and harder to expand my land. Now if I want to expand I have to use 55-60 keys per space. That takes forever.
    If anybody has any suggestions, please let me know. Thanks.
    Last edited by LocalNews; 12-27-19 at 02:47 PM.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by LocalNews View Post
    I just had a rollback from Bingo. Collected my 7 seven hour crops and then had to put in 2 twenty hour crops. Did that and it rolled back and I put in two more 20 hour crops and then discovered that I had to do the 7 seven hour crops again but now I have 4 twenty hour crops to wait for. I don?t stand a chance in doing that without spending gems or using my speedups,which I refuse to do when this was not my fault. No more Bingo for me. I have had issues of rollbacks with other parts of the game too. In battles I have spent gems to get past a hard opponent only for it to roll back again to the same foe. GRRRRRR! Yes, I am a longtime player who has spent my share of $$$ on this game. I finally quit Fantasy Forest a few years ago and now I am about ready to quit this game as I am almost out of space. I just missed getting an upgrade in the stable for 900 gems but it must have been a short term Black Friday sale. I had hoped to get a few more months to be able to play more but I think my playing days will be limited since it is getting harder and harder to expand my land. Now if I want to expand I have to use 55-60 keys per space. That takes forever.
    If anybody has any suggestions, please let me know. Thanks.
    The Marble key producing dragons really help to speed up your ability to expand, but they aren't currently on sale.

I just counted and I only have 25 expansions left, so about 6 more months of play.

Executive Chef
    I was one of the last to post on the previous Crash thread, and was told to get video of my crashes. By the time I saw that response from Elsa, the thread had closed and I couldn't ask how to do that!

The detail on this thread tells me that my crashes and rollbacks are happening at the same point as others; planting food that is then not planted, putting dragons on the evolution temples that are then not there, and for me also clearing land that then isn't cleared. Those aren't the only times, but they're common ones. Probably the most frustrating for me is after defeating a dragon in battle, then crashing and finding I have to wait an hour to fight the same dragon I just defeated! Losing the second time just adds salt to the wound!

So I guess I'll work out how to video these crashes, and send it in....but from what I've read, I won't hold my breath.

Quote Originally Posted by newzealander View Post
    <Snip...>
    So I guess I'll work out how to video these crashes, and send it in....but from what I've read, I won't hold my breath.
    I was going to post a short writeup about how to capture videos of our gameplay, but work and other commitments got in the way

In a nutshell, if you have an iOS device that is, all you have to do is to activate the built-in screen recording feature before switching to the DS game. Play until it crashes then stop the recording. Upload the video to a filesharing site and send the links to the powers that be.

It's more complicated with Android devices because not all come with built-in screen recording functions and the third-party ones have to be purchased or may be limited.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast