Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Winter Wrap-up : World Event - Dec 10 2019

Farm Supplier
    Thanks for explaining! Good to know there is still time. I would love to see a Christmas ornament dragon, a gingerbread dragon and a Christmas candle dragon.

Fashion Designer
    Wonder if we will get the last two community prizes? Wonder if S8 is "on top" of things...???

Rhino Keeper
    it now has been one year of trying to get community prizes and always close but never getting enough points.....quitting this type of event...not worth the over extending the play time.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by kanajunroses View Post
    it now has been one year of trying to get community prizes and always close but never getting enough points.....quitting this type of event...not worth the over extending the play time.
    It is difficult to finish, even when you try really hard sometimes. I made sure that my accounts had nests and evolution flowers and such full before the event started so that I could get off to a good start. 2 of my 3 accounts did get the final prize, but on one of them it was only because I cashed in some of my breeding and hatching boosts which I determined to be worth it because it also helped me with Bingo (although that is kind of backwards thinking - why cash in boosts in hopes of getting more boosts?). I really don't know what I did wrong on my third account to not meet the final goal.

At any rate, I share your frustration. Just make sure to have everything pre-stocked before the event so you can get a strong start, and use boosts if you have them. Oh, and the other thing that can make or break the event is how quickly you get the required dragon to feed up for 1000 points. My old account wouldn't have finished if it hadn't managed to breed the event dragon fairly early. I had to craft it on my other accounts, which slowed things down. Probably why account 3 didn't finish.

Rhino Keeper
    I am so upset with myself! I was 100 points away from the ultra rare dragon. I had 15 minutes left to harvest my last crops and evolutions... and then got distracted by some toys I was getting for my niece and nephew for Christmas (was in the middle of the store at the time). By the time I came to my senses I was 5 minutes too late! Would have been the first time I actually got the ultra rare from the world event

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by lily684 View Post
    Thanks for explaining! Good to know there is still time. I would love to see a Christmas ornament dragon, a gingerbread dragon and a Christmas candle dragon.
    There is a Gingerbread dragon that was released in previous years. It is white, green, and red elements, and you could craft it in the Codex. It is a Rare, so it would cost 400 Essence to craft. There is also a Christmas ornament dragon, but I don't know if it is what you would expect (basically a big round ball). It is yellow and red and a Super Rare, so it takes 800 Essence to craft.

There's a Candle dragon, but it is more for Halloween and does not look very candle-like to me. It's a Super Rare and has the Spooky type in it.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by swannygirl View Post
    I am so upset with myself! I was 100 points away from the ultra rare dragon. I had 15 minutes left to harvest my last crops and evolutions... and then got distracted by some toys I was getting for my niece and nephew for Christmas (was in the middle of the store at the time). By the time I came to my senses I was 5 minutes too late! Would have been the first time I actually got the ultra rare from the world event
    Ugh! I'm so sorry! I had that happen to me with something I worked hard to get in Fantasy Forest Story. I just up and forgot to go back in and Harvest Food to get my Neapolitiger.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by kanajunroses View Post
    If you craft or breed the dragon and raise it to level 10, you get an automatic 1,000 points. And, send it on quests for a lot more points. This seems to be the only way to get those last two dragons without spending a lot of gold. I only get the last dragon if I breed or craft that dragon in the first 1-2 days. This time I didn’t quite make it for the last one, but it took me 4 days to craft the dragon needed. Too many fails.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by swannygirl View Post
    That is very frustrating, I’m sorry! I was about 600 from getting the final dragon and didn’t want to spend gold to speed up so I just saved my stuff for leaderboard. Then, I got in a very tough group for leaderboard, so I’m pretty much out on that one too. Just getting the prizes and done.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12