Page 13 of 40 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread: 12/05 Update: Baron's Tent Prizes (Dec 2019) | The Snowball Challenge (65 days)

Quote Originally Posted by brigadoon365 View Post
    This is just ridiculous. And they don?t even provide any info on what these items drop. Are we supposed to blindly spend 50 cabbages to get something that drops stuff we are maxed on?
    As I posted several pages back, this the worst idea S8 has ever come up with. S8 is essentially cutting our buying power in half. I guess it's their way of getting those who've stockpiled Cabbages to use them up.
    Sorry, S8, you're trickery doesn't fly in my book.
    Accolon of Lorrainne ♌️❌❌{}=============>
    ⚔⚔Proud member (#16) of The Thuakie Sword Society ⚔⚔
    *******NOT adding any new neighbors at this time******

Rhino Keeper
    So I forgot that you have to wait for your cabbages to be low in order to watch videos for more. I was looking for the option and went into the add snowballs screen. I thought maybe I had to scroll down. NOPE. Touching the screen didn't scroll down, but it did cost me 90 gems for a measly 10 snowballs! So I figured well I might as well throw them. I got 5 of the 6 needed items to get the prize. I watched a ton of videos, with no new snowballs. Which is when it hit me - I was earning cabbages, not snowballs, for watching. And guess what? I only have two hours to get the final item to win the prize. So I have just spent 90 gems to earn a rock, block, chicken, and steak. I have to decide whether or not to spend MORE gems to speed up the trade just for a small chance of getting that sixth item, or more gems on more snowballs. Which would feel like rewarding S8 for doing it this way.

I actually was going to post to point out a few positives about this thing: 1. between now and February, you can really stockpile cabbages because you always get 2 instead of 1, and 2. you can throw six snowballs a day without losing any of your cabbage stockpile.

HOWEVER, this six hour timer on the trade is the reason I cannot get this prize, even after both spending gems and watching videos, and that part is AWFUL. What a terrible waste of gems. If it had been cabbages, I at least would have won this weird snowing cloud thing, whatever it is. I realize that this was my mistake for not thinking it through before I started throwing, and I should have waited for the prize to reset. But it is still SO FRUSTRATING. The trade timer makes NO sense!

Executive Chef
    YEah, this trade is terrible - as if 2 for 1 is not BAD enough - but 6 hour timer. And we can only do one trade at the time- it is ridiculous!
    The whole idea has been the most horrible one S8 could have had - Literally NO ONE likes it.

Quote Originally Posted by Destiel0918 View Post
    YEah, this trade is terrible - as if 2 for 1 is not BAD enough - but 6 hour timer. And we can only do one trade at the time- it is ridiculous!
    The whole idea has been the most horrible one S8 could have had - Literally NO ONE likes it.
    Now if they had made the trade one cabbage gets you 2 snowballs, that would have been a great idea!
    Accolon of Lorrainne ♌️❌❌{}=============>
    ⚔⚔Proud member (#16) of The Thuakie Sword Society ⚔⚔
    *******NOT adding any new neighbors at this time******

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by meme1098 View Post
    Now if they had made the trade one cabbage gets you 2 snowballs, that would have been a great idea!
    And it the timer would be like few minutes - would be realistic. 6 hours is WAY too much.

Fashion Designer
    My 6 free snowballs finally showed up. They did not appear until my daily tent timer expired and the today?s item appeared. I had collected from my cabbage huts and checked my tent yesterday before the new event started so I guess I had to wait.

Rhino Keeper
    threw my snowballs today and watched 3 ads and never received one snowball.., this whole thing has been a disaster and blatant money grab..

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by meme1098 View Post
    That would have been the way to go to introduce this new format-- a real customer pleaser! Or just a one to one exchange, that's cute. But two for one?? That is just getting one's Scrooge on.

Fashion Designer
    Deco only.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	87EC1D2E-E861-4444-BCBD-9571B1083A96.jpeg 
Views:	4320 
Size:	51.5 KB 
ID:	54129Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8F658F72-007B-4831-9CFA-5489814F3A67.jpeg 
Views:	104 
Size:	45.8 KB 
ID:	54130

Think that’ll do for me.
    At least until the Tuftkin returns to the tent.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by BarfDump View Post
    threw my snowballs today and watched 3 ads and never received one snowball.., this whole thing has been a disaster and blatant money grab..
    I figured out that when you watch videos you still get cabbages, so they'll show up in your trade wagon.