Page 1 of 40 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: 12/05 Update: Baron's Tent Prizes (Dec 2019) | The Snowball Challenge (65 days)

Executive Chef

12/05 Update: Baron's Tent Prizes (Dec 2019) | The Snowball Challenge (65 days)

-------WORK IN PROGRESS-------

The Baron's Tent - Release 49 - December 2019

*NOTE* The Baron's Tent is considered a "mini game" & cannot be stored OR sold.
    This is not a bug.

If you want detailed information about how to accumulate cabbages or how the tent works or want to know about previous prizes....
    The Baron's Tent thread in the HUB has *all* this information:
    Click here!

In order to get ANY prizes this month, you have to throw SNOWBALLS instead of cabbages!
    The Cabbage Hut will continue to drop cabbages, not snowballs.
    The Baron's Tent will start you with 6 daily snowballs (not cumulative) & show your total number of snowballs, not cabbages. To see your total number of cabbages, look at the snowball craft in your Trade Wagon.
    How to get snowballs? ... There are 4 ways:

1. "Trade Up" by converting your cabbages into snowballs in the Trade Wagon.
    Two cabbages can be traded for one snowball in 6 hours.

2. Buy & clear a Snowball Pile from the Market.
    30 Gems and 1 chop will gain you 3-7 snowballs.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	84DF3034-A739-4B7E-9519-E60CD741BA75.jpeg 
Views:	132 
Size:	80.1 KB 
ID:	54114Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8FFF82BE-A037-408C-B7C8-3922D2BEFAA1.jpeg 
Views:	142 
Size:	67.3 KB 
ID:	54115

3. Watch videos in the Tent for snowballs.
    Quote Originally Posted by PikaSquirrel View Post
    The videos will give you 2 Rotten Cabbages.
    NOTE: There is currently a discrepancy being reported on cabbages or snowballs awarded and how many.

4. Buy snowballs in the Tent with gems.

THREE NEW 65-Day GOALS! (Dec 5, '19 - Feb 8, '20)
    [End date is based on goal pix and may not be exact]

Icy Fawnicorn
    Info: This adorable little fawn loves the cold. Pet them to collect energy.
    Found: Baron's Tent Limited Time Gift, Dec '19-Feb '20
    Uses/Drops: 40 energy
    Collection time: 7 days
    Size: 1x1

GRAND PRIZES: These prizes will pop up randomly

9 NEW PRIZES

Icy Kitsunecorn
    Info: This frozen fox loves to burrow in the snow. Pet them for a chance to find various fruits.
    Found: Baron's Game Tent
    Uses/Drops: Apple x3, Lemon x3, Orange x5, Sugar, Lemonade, Orange Cobble, Apple Pie, Golden Apple
    Collection time: 22 hours
    Size:1x1
    Candy Cane Tuftkin
    Info: An adorably sweet Tuftkin. Pet them for a chance to find Crafting materials or Energy!
    Uses/Drops: 50 coins, Wood x3, Living Wood, Fur, Rat Tail, Creep Tooth, Fey Crystal, Glimmerdust, Earth Wisp, 4+ Energy (guaranteed)
    Collection time: 22 hrs
    Present Skunkupine
    Info: This pouty Skunkupine better watch out!
    Uses/Drops: 50 coins, expansion permit, Spellbound Dew, 1-2 Earth Wisp, Wisp Lantern, Trade Ticket
    Collection time: 12 hours
    Aspen the Snowman
    Info: A lovely snowman! Visit him for a chance to find holiday decor!
    Uses/Drops: (drops & numbers still being determined), Christmas paths (2), Wreath Lamppost (1), Ice Block (1), Ever-Hearth (1), Red Sleigh (1), Winter Mink
    Collection time: 8 hrs
    Juniper the Snowoman
    Info: A lovely lady snowman! Visit her for a chance to find holiday decor.
    Uses/Drops: same drops as Aspen the snowman
    Collection time: 8 hours
    Snowman Garden
    Info: A snowman who likes to tend gardens in his spare time.
    Uses/Drops: Deco only, no drops
    Ice Sculpture
    Info: A beautiful and glistening snow sculpture
    Snowman Baron
    Info: An ice cold portrayal of the Baron
    Uses/Drops: decoration only
    Snow Flurry
    Info: Brrr! Better cover up when this cloud is near.

SW here... I'll update this entry as more clarity about this challenge comes to hand. I've asked for the drops for all of the items as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritWind00 View Post
    So what I can see is that
    * You no longer see your cabbages but the tent now shows 6 snowballs in the counter space.
    * You can trade your rotten cabbages in the Trade Wagon. trade 2 cabbages for 1 snowball. Takes 6 hours.
    * We have 65 days for the Snowball Challenge
    * You can buy the Snowball Pile for 30 gems and you chop it in 1 go for 3-7 snowballs.
    * The cabbage hut will drop rotten cabbages as normal, but you will only see the total if you look in the trade wagon while this challenge is active.
    * You get 6 snowballs a day (how does this work on day 2 if you don't use them)
    * Videos drop 2 rotten cabbages, but this is only as iOS feature (if it's like for like)
    * You must be on version 2.3+ (you can check this clicking on Menu/FAQ and on the border section lower right hand corner it will give you that info)
    * It looks like to get one of the new prizes you need more than 6 snowballs.
    * When you watch a video, you actually don't get a snowball, you get 2 cabbages which you can see in the trade wagon.
    Last edited by NorthWoodsKingdom; 12-04-20 at 01:23 PM.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by danishorchid View Post
    Love the idea of snowballs instead of cabbage... just tried to watch 3 videos to get more snowballs and didn’t get any though... hope this gets fixed fast... also not loving the 6 hours to trade rotten cabbages for snowballs, too long!

Seems like it’ll be a fun event though, thanks!
    Same, I watched videos, but got none. I must admit I LOATHE the idea that they changed the cabbages for snowballs- It takes 2 cabbages to upgrade them into 1 snowball. So it seems like it is terrible trade. And if I want to get any prizes- having snow balls is ONLY way until February! Makes it too complicated and annoying - also what if there is something I want in next few days- no option to get those without gems, since simply NO time to get snow balls.

Executive Chef
    Just wanted to get a thread going for this month...

This new thing of trading my hard-earned cabbages for snowballs may be my breaking point with this game.

Back later to update, too po'd to do it now

Name:	283F4494-26A6-40E4-8311-2455E24DDD16.jpg 
Views:	4649 
Size:	21.7 KB 
ID:	54095

Name:	DEA7BED8-9973-40FC-9515-C649BD9EAEB3.jpg 
Views:	4754 
Size:	100.7 KB 
ID:	54096

Name:	B2909B23-4C88-4BFD-A86F-9B1D96A096FC.jpg 
Views:	4727 
Size:	20.8 KB 
ID:	54099

Name:	210BA896-B662-4FAE-A668-81D4E8093DAC.jpg 
Views:	4870 
Size:	94.9 KB 
ID:	54100

Name:	CBCB168B-3BBB-43D1-8DF5-81C997A2F436.jpg 
Views:	4895 
Size:	88.9 KB 
ID:	54102
    Last edited by NorthWoodsKingdom; 12-05-19 at 07:10 PM.

Looks like fun!
    Last edited by jensenink; 12-05-19 at 12:37 PM. Reason: Switching original post to other thread

Rhino Keeper
    I positively hate the idea of losing one cabbage per each snowball. That is not very fair. And it doesn’t encourage me to play.

Executive Chef
    especially two cabbages for one snowball
    -shortdanzr aka wicked red
    [Though she be but little, she is fierce]

*accepting new neighbors. I answer all requests, but don't visit daily

Rhino Keeper
    oh man... double the cost for tent items... why...why...

Executive Chef
    This snow ball idea seems utterly TERRIBLE. To turn our hard efforts to save up cabbages into NOTHING. Trade 2 for 1 - ( HOW IS THAT FAIR) -> in 6 hours!. You need 25 to get one good prize - assuming you have worst luck and have to throw all of them - it makes 150 hours of crafting to get just ONE Grand Prize! And 50 cabbages, which should cost 25 max.

It seems so unfair that we can't use cabbages before those terrible snowballs melt.

not to mention that so far- the videos in tent to get snow balls don't work - you watch the video for ZERO snowballs.

Quote Originally Posted by Destiel0918 View Post
    Same, I watched videos, but got none. I must admit I LOATHE the idea that they changed the cabbages for snowballs- It takes 2 cabbages to upgrade them into 1 snowball. So it seems like it is terrible trade. And if I want to get any prizes- having snow balls is ONLY way until February! Makes it too complicated and annoying - also what if there is something I want in next few days- no option to get those without gems, since simply NO time to get snow balls.
    They must be some juicy prizes if the value of the rotten cabbages were just halved. I have enough saved to get 4 prizes in a normal month... but not enough if I have to pay double.

Also, it?s a limited time currency that expires. Trade too many: they go to waste, but don?t trade enough: the 6 hour timer means you may have just wasted any you?ve thrown for a prize.

You kind of have to decide right away if you want to participate. I?m leaning towards no.

I bet the prizes are going to be cute though!

Quote Originally Posted by Destiel0918 View Post
    I noticed the 2 for 1 and was hoping it was an error! ... wish all our cabbages were just automatically wrapped in snow!!! ...I also agree with the having to use gems... not very nice....

Page 1 of 40 1234511 ... LastLast