Page 27 of 40 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast

Thread: 12/05 Update: Baron's Tent Prizes (Dec 2019) | The Snowball Challenge (65 days)

Quote Originally Posted by cavegirl1 View Post
    I have already been lucky enough to get 2 expansion permits from my Present Skunkupine, so I am hoping another turns up for me - feel free to send them my way if they appear again for you
    Still no luck with Expansion Permits from my Present Skunkupine, but I got lucky at the tent again with a 4th Candy Cane Tuftkin, (the one that blinked)

Had to buy one snowball though because I only had 24 and the stupid snowball-for-videos didn’t give me a single snowball despite my watching three

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by deadpixel View Post
    Still no luck with Expansion Permits from my Present Skunkupine, but I got lucky at the tent again with a 4th Candy Cane Tuftkin, (the one that blinked)

Had to buy one snowball though because I only had 24 and the stupid snowball-for-videos didn?t give me a single snowball despite my watching three
    It doesn?t give you snowballs-it gives you two cabbages you can convert for a snowball. If you check your cabbages you probably have 6 more.
    StormID: neferlala

Quote Originally Posted by ham2905 View Post
    It doesn?t give you snowballs-it gives you two cabbages you can convert for a snowball. If you check your cabbages you probably have 6 more.
    Gee! Considering how long this snowball throwing thingie has been running you’d think they’d already changed the words on that button

Gee! Considering how long this snowball throwing thingie has been running you’d think they’d already changed the words on that button
    Or actually let a snowball drop!
    Accolon of Lorrainne ♌️❌❌{}=============>
    ⚔⚔Proud member (#16) of The Thuakie Sword Society ⚔⚔
    *******NOT adding any new neighbors at this time******

Quote Originally Posted by meme1098 View Post
    Or actually let a snowball drop!
    That would take them at least a day's worth of effort, the code change, loading on to the test environment, testing, loading on the live environment, etc. In contrast, the change of the wordings would probably take an hour tops.

Nightclub Owner
    That would take them at least a day's worth of effort, the code change, loading on to the test environment, testing, loading on the live environment, etc. In contrast, the change of the wordings would probably take an hour tops.
    Test environment? Testing? 👀

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyrae View Post
    Test environment? Testing? 
    Yeah...do they do actual testing? Players find all the bugs😉😂
    Accolon of Lorrainne ♌️❌❌{}=============>
    ⚔⚔Proud member (#16) of The Thuakie Sword Society ⚔⚔
    *******NOT adding any new neighbors at this time******

Executive Chef
    I disagree, in many of the systems I have dealt with, a timed event "label"/title can't be changed, unless the event itself is cancelled, changed, then restarted. I obviously don't know the specifics of S8's code, so I can't say for sure.
    Plz add: SofiaDeo, pinkpresence (Pinks Place), impyLou (Queen Impylou), aaerie (Aaerie)
    Plz ask all 4 or none, thx

Rhino Keeper
    Thank you Sofia for the perspective.

If they do another snowball event next hear w a year's worth of Christmas gnome collections, I would have hundreds of snowballs! that would actually be awesome if the prizes are as fab as this year. Would love to nab a couple of tuftkins. All the pics are super cute too.
    Not accepting neighbors. Sorry. Gratitude for all forum contributors and leaders. This game would be unplayable without you.

Fashion Designer
    Does anyone really believe that the snowballs will revert to cabbages again in February? CS is getting us used to paying double for mostly useless deco. As usual, I will be lucky to have a chance to get anything useful more than 2-3 times a month. I keep getting the same useless deco day after day. I predict that the snowballs will turn into something else that costs 2 cabbages and a 6 hr. timer. I have never seen anything in this game that gets easier or cheaper to get once the rules are changed. While I hope CS keeps their word about things going back to normal, I expect that we are seeing the new normal being phased in since they probably won't just quit the Baron's tent like they did the Fortune Teller tent. I wasn't impressed with the Baron's Tent mini game to begin with, but now it's not worth wasting time to find deco after deco and paying twice the price for stuff that will sit in storage because it doesn't drop anything or mostly useless stuff. I don't see any reason to quit playing the game, but until I see a prize that I know drops guarantee daily energy, I don't plan on spending snowballs or anything else that costs 2 rotten cabbages per throw and tying up a craft building for 6 hrs/ snowball. Any guesses what will replace the snowballs if they keep the 2 for 1 plus 6 hrs model? What's the chance that if our snowballs do revert to cabbages, we'll get 2 cabbages/1 snowballs back? I hope that I am just feeling unduly pessimistic about this snowball debacle and we'll get back to normal again. I suppose it could happen. Maybe?