Page 22 of 40 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast

Thread: 12/05 Update: Baron's Tent Prizes (Dec 2019) | The Snowball Challenge (65 days)

Rhino Keeper
    Present skunkupine dropped an expansion permit! Yay!

As much as I SO don't approve of or enjoy the cash grab enforced by the 6 hour timer of conversion, insult to injury addition of the halving of cabbage worth.... I really do appreciate the quality of the snowpeeps, tuftkin, and grumpy green skunkupine. Love them. I have bought three items so far - and am sure to purchase more as they come up in the tent. That the final prize is so amazing too is fantastic... seems like a weekly Ali equivalent. I wish we would get another one if we got 4 more prizes from the tent! ; ) I am not doing any snowball conversions - don't have THAT many cabbages - and yet I can also see how for those w hundreds of cabbages it isn't as much of a big deal.

In some ways, this event is leaving me with being veeeeery stingy during the year re baron"s tent use, to save up hundreds and hundreds of cabbages, in case they do this again next year. Not sure that is what S8 is going for, because they would need to increase the value of the tent prizes more often - more alis and energy droppers (prefer alis), more ticket droppers, items that drop awesome stuff like fireflies or the gnome that drops beams and blocks and potions, super cool deco you can't get otherwise (e.g. all the deco droppers from last year's February Valentine event) etc.

So unless it is awesome rather than merely quite appealing, my cabbages stay put from here on in.

PS my math was off, sorry, from earlier post - of COURSE we would need to have 25 crafted snowballs, as the 6 don't accumulate once we start converting the cabbages. I guess that is cynically why they have the 6 hour timer - to force maximum cabbage loss. If it were a five minute jobbie, you'd need to babysit the game that day, but you could conceivably leverage the free 6. Sigh.

Edit add: Destiel's post page 9, number 83 - 150 hours of crafting per prize, and 25 energy. 600 hours total crafting for four prizes. SO not OK.
    Last edited by newyear5780; 12-16-19 at 12:09 AM.
    Not accepting neighbors. Sorry. Gratitude for all forum contributors and leaders. This game would be unplayable without you.

Rhino Keeper
    Anyone know what the maximum number of cabbages you can have are?

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by kiryuuku123 View Post
    Anyone know what the maximum number of cabbages you can have are?
    There isn't a cap on Cabbages.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by newyear5780 View Post
    ... of COURSE we would need to have 25 crafted snowballs, as the 6 don't accumulate once we start converting the cabbages. I guess that is cynically why they have the 6 hour timer - to force maximum cabbage loss. If it were a five minute jobbie, you'd need to babysit the game that day, but you could conceivably leverage the free 6. Sigh.
    So my approach, to avoid cabbage/snowball loss, is:
    Claim the 6 free Snowballs
    Then craft 16 more - bringing the total up to 22
    Then craft a 23rd but don’t collect
    Wait for the tent prize you want (I’m waiting for Aspen and Juniper)
    Throw the 22 , collect and throw the 23rd if needed , craft and throw 2 more if needed
    That should leave 0 Snowballs for the next day - which will top up the 6 free ones again for the next round

If you’re unsure about dipping into your Cabbage stockpile , wait for 3 days (or more! ) to stockpile Snowballs and watch the daily videos for 12cabbages/day , that way you’ll still finish with more Cabbages then when you started.

Hope this helps everyone.

Fashion Designer
    The tent prizes are awesome and I admit I have spent quite a few gems in the tent this month, but I vouched to spend gems earned only and not bought. The reason is I feel a bit *****ed since I've accumulated so many cabbages and can't really use them. Let's face it, the 6 hour snowball crafting time means I can only get 3 snowballs per day (somehow I can't manage 4 per day), which means I get to throw for a grand prize only once every 6 days. That's assuming that the prize in the tent that day is what I want, which of course never happens. So I decide that whenever I see something I want I'll just get them, supplementing the shortage of snowballs with gems. With the Barron snowman in the tent 5 times already I have only managed to get 3 things. Luckily one of them is Juniper the snow woman. Super happy.

This format really favors kingdom without a source of rotten cabbages, which I'm not against, I'm glad those guys got a chance to win some cool prizes, and a great opportunity to rack up a ton of cabbages.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by ShibuyaCloth View Post
    NO you get rotten cabbage, those need to be converted in the trade wagon. I got confused as well at the beginning.
    Thats because the message says "watch a video to earn a free snowball". I doubt I even get rotten cabbages when watching a video.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by rembetiko View Post
    Thats because the message says "watch a video to earn a free snowball". I doubt I even get rotten cabbages when watching a video.
    You can check your total cabbages in the Trade Wagon before and after watching videos just to be sure. So far, every video I've watched has given me two cabbages so I would think it's working for everyone at this point.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnirasSweets View Post
    You can check your total cabbages in the Trade Wagon before and after watching videos just to be sure. So far, every video I've watched has given me two cabbages so I would think it's working for everyone at this point.
    When the videos work, that is. : )
    Not accepting neighbors. Sorry. Gratitude for all forum contributors and leaders. This game would be unplayable without you.

Quote Originally Posted by hagypagy View Post
    If you’re unsure about dipping into your Cabbage stockpile , wait for 3 days (or more! ) to stockpile Snowballs and watch the daily videos for 12cabbages/day , that way you’ll still finish with more Cabbages then when you started
    I?ve been doing this and my cabbages are accumulating extremely quickly. However, I usually get around 3 gems from those daily vids and I have won 3 alis in the last 3 months. Not to mention the other prizes like (gem) animals, fruit trees, etc.

So this is really messing with my head. Do I watch the regular videos and risk getting nothing too exciting, other than the approx 150 gems (which is a fairly good lure in and of itself) OR do I accumulate a mountain of cabbages (7 months worth, borrowing math from a previous post) with the guarantee of future tent prizes while also knowing that they will calibrate the quality of the tent prizes in the face of everyone?s accumulation (ie less impressive prizes)?

Gambling is just not in my personality so I?ve been going with the practical option of guaranteed cabbages. Am I doing the right thing? The opportunity costs of both options are steep.

Executive Chef
    so the woman snowperson drops paths?
    -shortdanzr aka wicked red
    [Though she be but little, she is fierce]

*accepting new neighbors. I answer all requests, but don't visit daily