Page 21 of 37 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 12/5: A Song of Ice and Firewolves | event information on page 1

Rhino Keeper
    This event is exactly like Snow place like home and the level 10 ice castle (which requires 5 gold nuggets) dropped gold nuggets. Not sure how often as I don?t have it or if this one will but I?m willing to bet it does. That may change your mind about whether to level up.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by ham2905 View Post
    This event is exactly like Snow place like home and the level 10 ice castle (which requires 5 gold nuggets) dropped gold nuggets. Not sure how often as I don?t have it or if this one will but I?m willing to bet it does. That may change your mind about whether to level up.
    I dont recall my Ice Castle dropping gold nuggets; I collect from it for coins regularly though. I guess it must be a very rare drop.

Greta dropped an Earthen Potion after maybe 14 collections, and that was one account where I got it in addition to the Ice Shard this A.M.
    Plz add: SofiaDeo, pinkpresence (Pinks Place), impyLou (Queen Impylou), aaerie (Aaerie)
    Plz ask all 4 or none, thx

Not sure if I am missing something, how do I place Greta? Not in Inventory or in Market? Thanks

Don?t worry, I?m an idiot. Found her. Already had her. Can’t delete post.

Executive Chef
    For anyone wondering about finishing, I spent 4 days only focusing on the event. I grew 16 trees, cleared 4 others I had on the board. I placed 28 bushes for spark faerie collection. I had 10 fire wolves. I partially cleared 4 rock outcroppings, cleared 3 iron rich rocks and 8 small rock piles.

Everything else I collected from things in my kingdom, mostly the sawmills and mines. The baby flygers were a good coal source and the steampunk/robot planes were consistent living wood drops.

I have a decent number of daily energy drop items (usually gets me 140 energy to start each morning) and 2 fully upgraded Wizard schools.

This event is absolutely finishable even without constant play, even if you haven't started yet.

I would clear the wolves, stables and sawmills each morning then use the remaining extra energy collecting every 10 minutes from the bushes. Once I had enough faeries for either the firewood or hearthstone (only for the level I was on) I would concentrate on materials for those. While those were cooking I'd get the faeries and materials for the other item, and clear the known coal droppers when ready.
    I am 8 coal away from finishing completely. Saturday I was able to make everything for level 8. If I had not fallen asleep I would have gotten all 20 for level 9 and Monday I made 16 for level 10. 8 more coal and I've got everything. Even with meetings all afternoon, I will complete this event today.

Executive Chef
    Completely agree with Huckle Town. I am on the last goal. I only have 5 Fire Wolves and it is no problem. The pace has not needed to be frenetic and crazy. Thank you S8, for a very manageable pre-holiday event. I have not found any one item to require incessant attention, like those blasted aspen trees. A very enjoyable, feel good event! Happy holidays to all!

How do I get Greta? There is nothing in my magic forge

I have completed this event on one account and will finish my other account later today. It was an enjoyable event and I'm looking forward to Greta's drops post event. I haven't gotten anything from her thus far so I've stopped collecting from her until after the event finishes.

Trudyscandles

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by SofiaDeo View Post
    I dont recall my Ice Castle dropping gold nuggets; I collect from it for coins regularly though. I guess it must be a very rare drop.

Greta dropped an Earthen Potion after maybe 14 collections, and that was one account where I got it in addition to the Ice Shard this A.M.
    I came here to check if anyone else was having a issue with getting drops from Greta! I have collected not one thing from her and I have tapped on her for days! Is it so random that I just haven't recieved any or am I having a problem?

Rhino Keeper
    I enjoyed this event! Finished last night (it's almost 8pm where I am right now), the earliest I've ever finished an event. My energy situation is very similar to Huck Town's (described above), but I've sat out the last event and thus started this one with approx. 1400 energy stored.

I got the most consistent coal drops from the maxotaur, followed by the paper tiger, flyger cubs, mantistorm cub and sweet kitsunecorn. They have a good drop rate, and when they do drop coal, it's always 2 at a time.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikospets View Post
    I came here to check if anyone else was having a issue with getting drops from Greta! I have collected not one thing from her and I have tapped on her for days! Is it so random that I just haven't recieved any or am I having a problem?
    I do hope the drop rate increases somewhat post-event, but I fear the earthen materials will always be very rare drops. Reminds me of the white flyger which drops expansion permits, but only very very rarely for me, while other players seem to be more lucky and get the permits more regularly.