Voters
236. You may not vote on this poll
  • Overall, I enjoyed this event

13 5.51%
  • Overall, I did not enjoy this event

194 82.20%
  • I didn't participate

12 5.08%
  • Could not get past goal 9 (armor shine)

63 26.69%
  • I spent gems/money on this event and finished

51 21.61%
  • I spent gems/money on this event and DIDN'T finish

80 33.90%
  • Crafted 1 or more Mud Puddle Pigs

170 72.03%
  • Crafted 1 or more Big Bad Skunkupine

166 70.34%
  • Crafted 1 or more Big Bad Fangbeast

176 74.58%
  • Finished with no gems or money spent

18 7.63%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 56 of 59 FirstFirst ... 6465253545556575859 LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 11/21: The Wee Little Pig | event information on page 1

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by hackenbush74 View Post
    Energy wasn't the issue with this event. I've got 33 weekly Alis and many daily droppers. If you couldn't play the game every two hours and had bad luck with drops, you were doomed.
    This is true, this event didn't actually require a lot of energy. I finished everything ahead of time because i did have energy to spare. Everytime i collected from my two mines and couldn't move ahead with the game. So i did have a lot of energy to spare.

Well honestly, i thought to myself, since i have sat out many events now due to the events being too demanding on my time, i thought i will do this once in a while and unfortunately i was wrong because i still fell short. I had plenty of energy this time, but i just can't log in a game every hour or two or even every three hours a day. If i do, it is because i am sneaking time to play at work and that is terrible! I could get fired!!

I just don't have time in my day for these events. I have had time with the animals i get in the atrium because that only requires logging in once or twice a day to collect rocks and fight animals and tend to animals.

I am sometimes willing to spend gems to make up for lost time, but not every two weeks and NOT if i end up with no prize.

I ended up spending gems in the first energy pack because i like unlimited energy and i liked getting my permits and it made me catch up because i can never play on Thursday and Fridays. But i just didn't anticipate the sparkling mine would be that grueling. I was so disappointed, but then when i finally finished i made my pigs and acted very stupidly by speeding up the timer on the last pig so i could start collecting ASAP. Even with that i was only able to make 4 furs. I even bought the boar in the beginning and STILL didn't come out ahead.

THAT is extremely infuriating to me. Well, i wish i could convince this company that this is not a good way to treat their customers, but i think they know what they are doing. My only choice is, no matter how CUTE any offer is, i have to say "NO" to any and all events. Because it is a gamble, and i know that now. Even if i buy more alicorns, they will make an event that requires something different. I won't buy multiple packages and spend $30 on every event. That is WAY too expensive. If s8 wants to try to have us spend that much money on energy packs and gem purchase every two weeks i will tell them, NOT DOABLE.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Flowersandgems View Post
    I too am so disheartened. I think this says it all -
    I was playing Mahjong with my family when my alarm went off. Sorry, I have to do this a minute.
    What HAVE TO. This has to stop.
    Without interrupting daily life this wasn't possible.
    HAVE TO isn't the same as want to.

Yes I finished, I bought a package and used lots of gems to hurry the piggies.
    Have promised myself not to do this again.
    I feel your pain. It is too much when this starts to happen. I love this game, but this is too much of an attachment.

Rhino Keeper
    Right up to the end I hoped for another gift of 2 rolls of fur, which would have enabled me to finish, so I kept working at it getting to the last goal, but alas. And no I will never spent gems or money on an event where I can't complete through no fault on my own.

Farm Supplier
    The first time I couldn?t finish the goals!
    After all I have to work and go to sleep.
    🤔🤔

Rhino Keeper
    How do I go back to mobile version? Can’t find the option after having to go in full mode to do the poll.

Moderator (volunteer) SpiritWind00's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by maryamhjm View Post
    How do I go back to mobile version? Can’t find the option after having to go in full mode to do the poll.
    scroll right down to the bottom of the page on the left side and change it back on the options on the drop down list. I'm always logged in to do this, but you don't have to be.

https://forums.storm8.com/showthread...=1#post1604784

Moderator (volunteer) SpiritWind00's Avatar
    The timer on the piggy cottage is 12 hours. I've nearly updated everything to the building and inventory guides. I'll leave this thread here till the poll timer runs out.

Rhino Keeper
    Thanks SP

A lot of recent events have been criticised for a number of reasons but from the comments made about this one it surely has to take first prize for the amount of frustration and disappointment it has caused. It was an absolute pig!
    I sincerely hope that the event developers at S8 read the all comments and act upon them for any future events.
    I was able to finish the event but only just. Like so many others I was held up by lack of Armour Shine drops. In desperation I used some gems I already had to get the final few and once I had the armoured pigs I used more of my gem stock to speed up their timing on the last day.
    Although the “Gem Sale” ran for a longer time than usual I was determined not to buy any gems from it because the prices were higher than they normally are in a Gem Sale. Here in UK the usual sale price is ?6.99 for 250 gems and ?13.99 for 530. In the event Sale they were priced at ?8.99 and ?15.99.
    It was a Black Friday Sale and there were a lot of tempting goodies on sale in the market but I for one was happy to give them a miss rather than pay that price for the gems. I think you might have missed a golden opportunity with that sale, S8. If the sale price of the gems had been even lower than usual, say ?5.99 and ?12.99 I would have bought some and I wouldn’t mind betting that others might have considered it too and you might have made more money.
    I agree totally with everyone who thinks there are too many events and I think far more consideration should be shown to the fact that we all have Real Life to consider.

Rhino Keeper
    Did anyone get trade ticket from BBWolf yet?