Voters
236. You may not vote on this poll
  • Overall, I enjoyed this event

13 5.51%
  • Overall, I did not enjoy this event

194 82.20%
  • I didn't participate

12 5.08%
  • Could not get past goal 9 (armor shine)

63 26.69%
  • I spent gems/money on this event and finished

51 21.61%
  • I spent gems/money on this event and DIDN'T finish

80 33.90%
  • Crafted 1 or more Mud Puddle Pigs

170 72.03%
  • Crafted 1 or more Big Bad Skunkupine

166 70.34%
  • Crafted 1 or more Big Bad Fangbeast

176 74.58%
  • Finished with no gems or money spent

18 7.63%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 42 of 59 FirstFirst ... 3238394041424344454652 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 11/21: The Wee Little Pig | event information on page 1

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikospets View Post
    I have taped both mineds today twice and got 0 armor shine! Another day with zippo! This is not fun S8!
    So sorry, Nikospets. Hope you are able to move on.

The irony!! This was my experience till yesterday. I was stuck in goal 9 for 7+ days with super-dismal armour shine drops. Then... the moment I moved on to goal 10 (read - and no longer needed a-shine), I can’t stop it from dropping. Almost guaranteed drop when I collect from my mines in search for dark compasses. Really, S8!!!

In light of what appears to be a blatant attempt to collectively extort players to spend on this event, I will not spend a dollar or a gem to finish it. If I finish - great! I could do with the academy scrolls. If I don’t, too bad.

I hope the next event is so awesome it dulls the memory of this one
    Last edited by maridadi; 12-01-19 at 09:28 PM.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by maridadi View Post

I started collecting swine twine and fur last night (finally), but even if I were a vampire (and therefore didn?t need sleep) I wouldn?t finish. Even if I had bought the gem boar, I wouldn?t finish.

And I whole heartedly agree about the next event being so great we all forget the time of precious life on earth wasted on an event we can?t win......like one of those monster hunts where we also can choose to make creatures from the past and also win a token prize (that is AMAZING....not the mini spider from the last one).

I finally finished goal 9 after 7 days of trying to collect armor shine as well. I was getting them 1/5 or 1/6 collections. Not one time did I get one on both mine collections. Since I passed that goal and am making the armor pigs, I am also at 100% drop rate. 🤦*♀️ Ridiculous that that always seems to happen when you don?t need it anymore. I still have 8 hours until I will finish crafting the third armor pig and that will leave me with 48 hours to collect 84 fur. I will keep plugging away but I just don?t see how it is mathematically possible.

It is so frustrating because I log in religiously and will have every other requirement done in advance and have multiple of each big bad animal but because of Storm8 random drops, it doesn?t matter. 😢

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by ironbull2 View Post
    I finally finished goal 9 after 7 days of trying to collect armor shine as well. I was getting them 1/5 or 1/6 collections. Not one time did I get one on both mine collections. Since I passed that goal and am making the armor pigs, I am also at 100% drop rate. 臘*♀️ Ridiculous that that always seems to happen when you don?t need it anymore. I still have 8 hours until I will finish crafting the third armor pig and that will leave me with 48 hours to collect 84 fur. I will keep plugging away but I just don?t see how it is mathematically possible.

It is so frustrating because I log in religiously and will have every other requirement done in advance and have multiple of each big bad animal but because of Storm8 random drops, it doesn?t matter. 
    I totally agree with both of you, this seems to happen with a lot of these events! Normally I play a few times a day but since I had hip replacement surgery 6 weeks ago I have been able to play more! Because of not being able to do much I thought for sure I would be able to finish this event, boy was I wrong! I refuse to spend money anymore, especially since someone hacked into my Apple account and charged a lot of money on my credit card! I'm still dealing with the bank on that one! Good luck to you both in finishing this event! Hopefully S8 will wake up and make these games more doable for all!

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by maridadi View Post
    So sorry, Nikospets. Hope you are able to move on.

The irony!! This was my experience till yesterday. I was stuck in goal 9 for 7+ days with super-dismal armour shine drops. Then... the moment I moved on to goal 10 (read - and no longer needed a-shine), I can?t stop it from dropping. Almost guaranteed drop when I collect from my mines in search for dark compasses. Really, S8!!!

In light of what appears to be a blatant attempt to collectively extort players to spend on this event, I will not spend a dollar or a gem to finish it. If I finish - great! I could do with the academy scrolls. If I don?t, too bad.

It?s so annoying. No armor shine at all. Like trying to run a marathon with a broken leg. From now on if an event has rare random drops, I?m not playing. It?s just not worth the effort or aggravation.

Quote Originally Posted by shoshiseagull View Post
    It?s so annoying. No armor shine at all. Like trying to run a marathon with a broken leg. From now on if an event has rare random drops, I?m not playing. It?s just not worth the effort or aggravation.
    Totally agree!! Wish I had a rewind button so I could skip this one too. What a waste of energy and time.

Fashion Designer
    Woohoo. Actually got two armor shine just now. Still need 1 more and probably still won’t finish but was very excited to get one from each of my sparkling mines.

I think I’m stopping. The final building is just going to give trade tickets? I have plenty these days. I’d rather focus on coins for those expansions.

Quote Originally Posted by Bsmith61 View Post
    Fast worker boost isn't working. It has doubled the time instead of cutting it in half I started this at 4 this morning at 6 I checked it and I still had 4 hours and 14 minutes on the timer to make wisp lanterns so I guess I won't be taking advantage of the discounted expansion. This sucks!
    The team is still looking into this. Does this issue occur only to crafts that you had in progress BEFORE you activated the Faster Worker boost? It seems to happen if you start a craft, activate the boost, and then force close the game. However, the doubled time display will fix itself if you force close the game one more time.

If this isn't the case and it's occurring to crafts started AFTER activating the boost, please let me know.
    Storm8 Staff - PikaSquirrel
    Need help? Contact Storm8 through support.storm8.com
    Got a new device? Transfer your games here!
    Have Facebook or Twitter? LIKE and FOLLOW us here!

Executive Chef
    i'm on step 11. but i don't see how i could possibly finish the whole event. i could probably finish step 11, but no way to make more rolls of fur. i should have just focused all my stored energy and time up on coins for expansions. i'm thinking of throwing in the towel. the biggest beast isn't spawning enough to get all the fur i need
    -shortdanzr aka wicked red
    [Though she be but little, she is fierce]

*accepting new neighbors. I answer all requests, but don't visit daily