Voters
236. You may not vote on this poll
  • Overall, I enjoyed this event

13 5.51%
  • Overall, I did not enjoy this event

194 82.20%
  • I didn't participate

12 5.08%
  • Could not get past goal 9 (armor shine)

63 26.69%
  • I spent gems/money on this event and finished

51 21.61%
  • I spent gems/money on this event and DIDN'T finish

80 33.90%
  • Crafted 1 or more Mud Puddle Pigs

170 72.03%
  • Crafted 1 or more Big Bad Skunkupine

166 70.34%
  • Crafted 1 or more Big Bad Fangbeast

176 74.58%
  • Finished with no gems or money spent

18 7.63%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 51 of 59 FirstFirst ... 41474849505152535455 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 11/21: The Wee Little Pig | event information on page 1

Agreed. This was unattainable for me even though I played hard. The requirement to make 6 rolls of fur has done me in. I have managed to make 1, and might be able to make 1 more before time runs down. Don't want to spend money and gems after spending so much of my time trying to complete this event. Next time I'll do the math before bothering to participate.

When I first started playing CS years ago, the event goals were attainable, and I never had to end an event frustrated and questioning the likelihood that I would continue to play this game. Now, this seems to be a regular occurrence.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by Cafemochi View Post
    Agreed. This was unattainable for me even though I played hard. The requirement to make 6 rolls of fur has done me in. I have managed to make 1, and might be able to make 1 more before time runs down. Don't want to spend money and gems after spending so much of my time trying to complete this event. Next time I'll do the math before bothering to participate.

When I first started playing CS years ago, the event goals were attainable, and I never had to end an event frustrated and questioning the likelihood that I would continue to play this game. Now, this seems to be a regular occurrence.
    That's pretty much where I am as of right now - there's about 13 hours of the event left but only about 4 hours of playing time left for me personally. I have the gems to speed up the right things to get the materials needed and the energy needed to complete the event but looking at the final results I can't seem to convince myself it would be worth it. In so far as I can tell I'm only losing out on a walker (which I don't display) and a Trade Ticket dropper (which I have enough of) so I think I'm good with throwing the towel in early.

In all my years of dedicated CS playing, I've only ever quit an event early once before and that was just last month. Someone on the team needs to sit down and rework their math for the sake of both the game and the players!

Rhino Keeper
    Well due to the abysmal spawn rates & drop rates, I cannot finish this event, though I feel like I tried my best. It took me days to make my first repaired helmet--when I saw that I needed two more, I knew that I was doomed. I still need one of the blue shines. I do have all of the materials made for the cottage, but I won't get past the three armored pigs goal & crafting the rolled fur. Most disappointing event in a long time. Even the package they are offering for sale won't help me @ all to finish.

Farm Supplier
    The last goal was a shocker for me!!! Really, S8?? Players need to tie themselves to the game to finish this event. A big boo to a lousy and frustrating event!

Fashion Designer
    Clearly they realised something was wrong when they gave that "gift" of armour shine. Too little far too late though.

I have been playing since 2012 and this will be the first event I’ve participated in that I can’t complete. I set timers and do my collections on time and early so I can finish early and have a break from the constant events. I played every day except for Thanksgiving day. It took a week to finish step 9, another day to craft the 3 pigs, I couldn’t start collecting for the last upgrade until Sunday, making it impossible to finish on time.

There hasn’t ever been an event where the requirements were so high for random drops making it a complete game of chance. The free gift was a nice gesture but was too late to give anyone who was stuck a chance to finish. Simply upping the drop rate on the pigs would have solved the problem. The fact that the now useless items continue to drop is a mystery, they’ve always stopped in the past. It seems like the effort to make this a challenge was sloppy.

I agree with the poster who said this is supposed to be a relaxing escape from real life, not aggravating and disappointing. This is the only game I’ve ever played that I’ve purchased virtual currency for because I’ve enjoyed it for so long. But it feels more like a job, a chore, and it’s just not very fun anymore.

Yes, the events are voluntary, but the storyline seems to have been abandoned and the requirements for expansions take forever to complete now, so I have nothing else to do. I think I might have to break up with you Castle Story. Sad.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritWind00 View Post
    Poll added. You need to be in Full Mode to see it if you're on a mobile device. I put a 5 day timer on it.
    Thank you SW. What is Full Mode? How do I achieve it?

Rhino Keeper
    Just finished event. This is the worst since I started playing events. Random drops were terrible. I literally was in this game every hour, and if I woke in the middle of the night, I collected! Hated this one.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by Amore1234567 View Post
    Thank you SW. What is Full Mode? How do I achieve it?
    Not SW but figured any answer would be of help... If you're using a mobile device, you'll automatically view the forum in 'mobile view' which won't show the poll. Simply scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the "Full Site" option as shown in the image below:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	s8 Full Site Option Image.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	61.8 KB 
ID:	54066

Farm Supplier
    I’ve been playing since early 2013 and this is the 1st event that I wasn’t going to finish without excess money spent even though I played as much as I could. We all have lives...school, jobs, family...and can’t be tied to the game to collect every 15 minutes, every hour, etc. And the random drops are ridiculous since you can’t do anything if you don’t get the drops.
    Castle Story is no longer the “fall in love with” game that it used to be. There were storylines that added to the enjoyment of the game. Quests/events were challenging but mostly attainable without the need to get up every hour or so during the night. You offer expansion specials even though many haven’t expanded to that section yet...allow access anyway and the unopened ones can be worked as usual. In other words, let as many players as possible take advantage of the specials.
    At this point, with nearly 7 years playing, I’m probably going to stop. I’m grateful for the early years of playing. I’ve made some good friends through Castle Story and for that I’m very grateful.
    I hope as a business that you read the feedback from your customers and take their comments into consideration.