Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Life In A Northern Town: Northern Dragon Tournament 11/15/19

Executive Chef
    I kind of just evaluate how much I want the tournament dragon. If I really want it, I am willing to budget some gold to get past the toughest opponents. I try to take them down, but if I don't succeed after 4 or 5 tries, I just use gold and move on. I figure, "If this dragon were in the marketplace, how much gold would I be willing to pay to buy it?" I realize that buying gold is not an option for everyone. I usually hate to spend more than 120 gems per dragon, so that is 4 rounds I can "skip" if I really want the dragon. I also factor in if it is going to help me with a bingo task. Like, if a bingo task comes up to win a battle with a particular type of dragon, and I am up against something like Battlemage, I will just go in knowing I plan to use gold to get past that round and complete my bingo task.

So Battlemage is a tough opponent, and I like his looks. I am planning to craft one as soon as I get my Essence built up again. Is he a good fighter on our end, or is he just a good fighter as an opponent?

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by mymonta View Post
    I kind of just evaluate how much I want the tournament dragon. If I really want it, I am willing to budget some gold to get past the toughest opponents. I try to take them down, but if I don't succeed after 4 or 5 tries, I just use gold and move on. I figure, "If this dragon were in the marketplace, how much gold would I be willing to pay to buy it?" I realize that buying gold is not an option for everyone. I usually hate to spend more than 120 gems per dragon, so that is 4 rounds I can "skip" if I really want the dragon. I also factor in if it is going to help me with a bingo task. Like, if a bingo task comes up to win a battle with a particular type of dragon, and I am up against something like Battlemage, I will just go in knowing I plan to use gold to get past that round and complete my bingo task.

So Battlemage is a tough opponent, and I like his looks. I am planning to craft one as soon as I get my Essence built up again. Is he a good fighter on our end, or is he just a good fighter as an opponent?
    The last 4 times Battlemage was in tournaments, at a high level, 17-20, my dragons beat him handily. This time, it took a day and a half. I have Battlemage but I don’t use him. I prefer Glasswing, Mithril, Huntress, Unruly, Dread Captain, Aquarknight, Light Mother, Neo Glasswing. Ymmv, though.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Athabasca55 View Post
    The last 4 times Battlemage was in tournaments, at a high level, 17-20, my dragons beat him handily. This time, it took a day and a half. I have Battlemage but I don’t use him. I prefer Glasswing, Mithril, Huntress, Unruly, Dread Captain, Aquarknight, Light Mother, Neo Glasswing. Ymmv, though.
    Thank you for the info. I have all of those except for Aquarknight and Dread Captain.

Rhino Keeper
    Thank you for the info. I have all of those except for Aquarknight and Dread Captain.
    I don’t have Dread Captain but it is on my Codex list along with Strength. Interesting that your preferred dragons are Champions. Apart from Glasswing (and his deputy Rainbow Sentinel), my main fighters are Diamond based. Glimmer coming soon (from Codex). Getting dragons to L15 is what takes time though.
    Dragon Story - Iceland, Fantasy Forest Story - Saint Mary

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by greywagtail View Post
    I don’t have Dread Captain but it is on my Codex list along with Strength. Interesting that your preferred dragons are Champions. Apart from Glasswing (and his deputy Rainbow Sentinel), my main fighters are Diamond based. Glimmer coming soon (from Codex). Getting dragons to L15 is what takes time though.
    My Diamond type dragons tend to be lovers, not fighters. Lol! Honestly, though.

Most of my champions are around level 12. Maybe that is why they are not as reliable as I would like them to be.

Some of my most reliable fighters are: Hopeless, Neo Tinsel, Ocean Lily, Rose Quartz, Sunsnake, Haunted Gemini (I have been using him a TON lately), Osiris, Dark Omen, Smitten, Bastet, Ghost, Unruly, and Arcane type dragons as well as the usual suspects, Mithril, Glasswing, Neo Glasswing, and Neo Valiant. Now that I think of it, though, most of those at the beginning of the list are level 14. I was thinking that level didn't really matter that much. At the same time, though, I am too lazy to scroll too far down, so these dragons are most likely to get chosen for battles because they are near the top. So perhaps my analysis is meaningless because dragons at lower levels haven't had as many opportunities to be chosen for battle. *thinking face emoji*

Banned
    Mymonta, that gives me another idea to send to the higher ups if Elsa, Vanellope or Flatfoot are listening: Please put a color filter into the battle arena like in the breeding den. There's a lot of dragons to choose from now.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by skyharbor602 View Post
    Mymonta, that gives me another idea to send to the higher ups if Elsa, Vanellope or Flatfoot are listening: Please put a color filter into the battle arena like in the breeding den. There's a lot of dragons to choose from now.
    That would be much appreciated! Maybe have a filter for Champions, Rainbows too?

Rhino Keeper
    My Diamond type dragons tend to be lovers, not fighters. Lol! Honestly, though.

Most of my champions are around level 12. Maybe that is why they are not as reliable as I would like them to be.

Some of my most reliable fighters are: Hopeless, Neo Tinsel, Ocean Lily, Rose Quartz, Sunsnake, Haunted Gemini (I have been using him a TON lately), Osiris, Dark Omen, Smitten, Bastet, Ghost, Unruly, and Arcane type dragons as well as the usual suspects, Mithril, Glasswing, Neo Glasswing, and Neo Valiant. Now that I think of it, though, most of those at the beginning of the list are level 14. I was thinking that level didn't really matter that much. At the same time, though, I am too lazy to scroll too far down, so these dragons are most likely to get chosen for battles because they are near the top. So perhaps my analysis is meaningless because dragons at lower levels haven't had as many opportunities to be chosen for battle. *thinking face emoji*
    Thanks for the list. I often forget about the dragons I have at L14. Neo Air, I use a lot. The diamonds work well for me and Glimmer is now on the nest! I am pretty ruthless with sending dragons to the Codex.

Rhino Keeper
    The last round is being stubborn for me. Its knocked out all my best fighters at least once.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by swannygirl View Post
    The last round is being stubborn for me. Its knocked out all my best fighters at least once.
    Go pink/blue

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast