Thread: Screen squishing

Screen squishing

I'm playing on an iPhone 6S running iOS 10 and randomly I get the graphics squish into half the screen, while the (touch-hotspot) controls overlay is still full screen making the game unplayable. i have to close the app and the open it again. This started happening when I updated my app and the in-game advertising started.

See snap for example in battle arena, however it happens on the island map too. It hasn't happened while mining though. As you can see, I can still tap the controls to battle however when on the island map, I can tap a farm and end up selecting a nest instead. The touch hotspots no longer line up with the graphics.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2742.PNG 
Views:	53 
Size:	531.7 KB 
ID:	53806
    Bye Attachment 67493
    Dble12win & 24win streak! -No$Spent!
    DragonS LB trophies (1crystl,51gld,27s,4b) Attachment 67493
    FantasyS LB trophies! (45gld,7s,4b) Attachment 54914

Crystl Trophy Shoplist:
    350m coins,23m food,18 10x boost,13k gld

2314Gld+BoostBreedWkend+DmdTmpl=
    Valint,Achlls,Helios,CrwnJwl,Quasr,Dmd-PrsmX3,Angl,Gld,Mercry&Crusadr
    My Rainbow Attachment 36684

My FashionS boutiques!
    -Beach Esplanade Attachment 35793 @JustKay
    -Fashion First gym Attachment 35795
    -Made in Meiji-era okiya Attachment 35794 @KayJust

BlossomPicnicAttachment 35799
    Monster!Attachment 36956

Community Manager [S8] Vanellope's Avatar
    If you're experiencing any issues with your account, please submit a ticket to Support at Storm8

Link in my signature

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by JustKay View Post
    I'm playing on an iPhone 6S running iOS 10 and randomly I get the graphics squish into half the screen, while the (touch-hotspot) controls overlay is still full screen making the game unplayable. i have to close the app and the open it again. This started happening when I updated my app and the in-game advertising started.

See snap for example in battle arena, however it happens on the island map too. It hasn't happened while mining though. As you can see, I can still tap the controls to battle however when on the island map, I can tap a farm and end up selecting a nest instead. The touch hotspots no longer line up with the graphics.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2742.PNG 
Views:	53 
Size:	531.7 KB 
ID:	53806
    OMG, this has been happening to me for weeks, but I thought that I was the only one and that my phone was wearing out!

Host(ess)
    This started about the time they started doing those silly little short ads. I'm sure it is a bug. All you can do is force close and start again.

Executive Chef
    I still get screen squishing even after the update. Anyone else?

Admin Community Manager [S8] Elsa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mymonta View Post
    I still get screen squishing even after the update. Anyone else?
    Can you please message me a screen recording (upload to any file share site) or email a screen recording to support so they can reopen our bug fix request? We've been monitoring this and were so excited thinking we squished this bug. Sorry that it's still happening for you!

Executive Chef
    I don't have the know-how or the patience to work on a screen recording. I can take plenty of screenshots, though. I will just be randomly playing along - it doesn't matter what I am doing - and all of a sudden my screen "squishes" into just the left half. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	screen squishing.png 
Views:	56 
Size:	657.5 KB 
ID:	54448 It does seem to happen if I hold my phone at a tilt, but who doesn't. I mean, I don't play my game holding my game straight up and down, but it seems that the second I "lean" it backwards a smidge is when it is most likely to squish.

Admin Community Manager [S8] Elsa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mymonta View Post
    I don't have the know-how or the patience to work on a screen recording. I can take plenty of screenshots, though. I will just be randomly playing along - it doesn't matter what I am doing - and all of a sudden my screen "squishes" into just the left half. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	screen squishing.png 
Views:	56 
Size:	657.5 KB 
ID:	54448 It does seem to happen if I hold my phone at a tilt, but who doesn't. I mean, I don't play my game holding my game straight up and down, but it seems that the second I "lean" it backwards a smidge is when it is most likely to squish.
    Thanks for the screenshot. So the squish happens at any time, not specifically when you're done watching an ad video? Just trying to determine the root cause of the bug.

Does it do this if you lock the screen orientation?