Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
Results 71 to 80 of 80

Thread: Game more unstable than ever before (Crash CrAsH CRASH)

  1. #71
    Executive Chef
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Ex Kiwi in Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    1,790
    Quote Originally Posted by amerirish View Post
    Let me ask an honest question here; we keep getting the response that our devices are too old to support the graphics of this game. So does that mean that S8 gains enough new players every year with the newest devices to justify excluding the "old" players each year? That seems like a very poor business model to me. It's like having an apartment building where you raise the rent the maximum every year; you may get some new tenants but will also drive away folks that have been there for years.

    At what point (if any) will the developers adjust the graphics levels in the game rather than expecting the players to get new devices to keep up? I am truly perplexed by this.
    It’s not our devices, my iPhone XR was like 3 months old when the game started crashing, had a neighbour who has since stopped playing purchased a new iPhone 7 years ago within a couple of months the game was crashing as well!

    But you guessed it, again it was her device that was the problem, it’s always the device!!!!

  2. #72
    Farm Supplier
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    52
    Quote Originally Posted by [S8] Elsa View Post
    The iPad Mini 4 is almost 5 years old.
    And? Works for a much more graphic challeging game like RR3 without a hitch. But yeah, Dragon Story needs so much more.

    Edit: And how old was the app until recently?

  3. #73
    Executive Chef
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Southeast Asia
    Posts
    2,075
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty67 View Post
    And? Works for a much more graphic challeging game like RR3 without a hitch. But yeah, Dragon Story needs so much more.

    Edit: And how old was the app until recently?
    It’s crashing on my iPhone XR. But I got it about five or six months ago so I guess it’s getting old too

  4. #74
    Rhino Keeper AraRaider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    BC, Canada
    Posts
    195
    Last I checked the game is well over 7 years old. They should honestly be allowing it to be played back on 7 year old devices without an issue but it doesn’t even play on new devices very good without crashing.
    7+ years friendly DS player. I'm ⒶⓁⓌⒶⓎⓈ accepting active new neighbors, event item requests and maps. I also always reply to messages, message away or write on my wall to chat! Ⓜⓐⓡⓑⓛⓔ ⓚⓔⓨⓢ time requirements are the ⓦⓞⓡⓢⓣ ⓣⓗⓘⓝⓖ to ⓔⓥⓔⓡ ⓗⓐⓟⓟⓔⓝ to Dragon Story and ⓢⓗⓞⓤⓛⓓ ⓑⓔ ⓒⓗⓐⓝⓖⓔⓓ!⃝

    ~✿❀✿~❃❁❃~✿❀✿~

  5. #75
    Rhino Keeper
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    309
    Quote Originally Posted by amerirish View Post
    Mine says today, but yeah apparently there was an update that we were not notified about

    It says: "Bug Fixes" and "Performance improvements" - "Version 3.0.4" - "243.8 MB"
    This must just be for iPhone users. I do not see any updates available for Android users. I started having major crash issues yesterday. My main account is on my Samsung Galaxy S7 and it is old and google maps is acting funny as well. I also have a second phone I use for work and it is a Samsung A10 bought last July and it is crashing a lot as well. I tried clearing the cache and the data on this phone and I still get a lot of crashes. Dragon Story is the only app I downloaded onto this phone and I don't use google maps or anything else on this phone - calls, texts, Dragon Story - that's it....and still crashes.

    Hopefully Android users will get an update soon!

    *By a lot of crashes, I mean once every 10 minutes or so and my older phone is very warm to touch*

  6. #76
    Quote Originally Posted by random59 View Post
    It’s not our devices, my iPhone XR was like 3 months old when the game started crashing, had a neighbour who has since stopped playing purchased a new iPhone 7 years ago within a couple of months the game was crashing as well!

    But you guessed it, again it was her device that was the problem, it’s always the device!!!!
    I'm not blaming your device. Your account is exceptional because you have a legendary collection that only a tiny percentage of users can match. Your situation is not comparable to someone on an iPhone 6 experiencing crashes. I've reported this for you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mostreal View Post
    This must just be for iPhone users. I do not see any updates available for Android users. I started having major crash issues yesterday. My main account is on my Samsung Galaxy S7 and it is old and google maps is acting funny as well. I also have a second phone I use for work and it is a Samsung A10 bought last July and it is crashing a lot as well. I tried clearing the cache and the data on this phone and I still get a lot of crashes. Dragon Story is the only app I downloaded onto this phone and I don't use google maps or anything else on this phone - calls, texts, Dragon Story - that's it....and still crashes.

    Hopefully Android users will get an update soon!

    *By a lot of crashes, I mean once every 10 minutes or so and my older phone is very warm to touch*
    If you can get videos of the S7 crashes, I would love to get those from you via private message or send them to support.

    I recommend you don't clear your cache or reinstall the game. This causes the game to need to redownload the files and it can make performance worse until it caches the images again. Reinstalls are usually to fix art or broken files.

  7. #77
    Executive Chef
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    4,996
    Quote Originally Posted by [S8] Elsa View Post
    I'm not blaming your device. Your account is exceptional because you have a legendary collection that only a tiny percentage of users can match. Your situation is not comparable to someone on an iPhone 6 experiencing crashes. ........
    As someone who has both a 'legendary collection that only a tiny percentage of users can match' AND an iPhone 6 I am honestly insulted by this post.

    ETA: Between hatched dragons and unique eggs in storage I have, give or take, 1,414 total dragons.
    Last edited by amerirish; 12-16-19 at 12:53 PM.
    Island Name: Amer Island

    Approximately 1150 Unique Dragons Hatched
    Over 275 Unique Dragon Eggs in Storage

  8. #78
    Rhino Keeper
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    109
    Quote Originally Posted by [S8] Elsa View Post
    "
    I recommend you don't clear your cache or reinstall the game."
    What? This is one of the things S8 told me to do when I had another issue. So this fixes one problem but will cause another?

  9. #79
    Fashion Designer
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    778
    I came to this thread because I have just had crash after crash after crash in the last few days, and I am sick of logging back on to find my last 3-4 actions have to be repeated. However after reading about half the thread, I'd given up hope before I even posted. I can see that I am going to be told "you have quite a lot of dragons (1003), and an older device (iPad Air 2), so it's your fault our game is the only game that doesn't work well on your device, despite there being no warning when you download it that it's only made for newer devices".

    I have spent real money on this game in the past. When I spent that money, I didn't get any warning that my money was being spent on something that was only good for one-two years. Perhaps S8 should consider such a warning in future. Then you could justify the excessive crashes.

  10. #80
    Quote Originally Posted by newzealander View Post
    I came to this thread because I have just had crash after crash after crash in the last few days, and I am sick of logging back on to find my last 3-4 actions have to be repeated. However after reading about half the thread, I'd given up hope before I even posted. I can see that I am going to be told "you have quite a lot of dragons (1003), and an older device (iPad Air 2), so it's your fault our game is the only game that doesn't work well on your device, despite there being no warning when you download it that it's only made for newer devices".

    I have spent real money on this game in the past. When I spent that money, I didn't get any warning that my money was being spent on something that was only good for one-two years. Perhaps S8 should consider such a warning in future. Then you could justify the excessive crashes.
    Please send screen recordings of your crashes to support so they can evaluate and determine this. The issue is that players are generalizing crashes and assuming that everyone's problem is the same and it isn't.

    Quote Originally Posted by amerirish View Post
    As someone who has both a 'legendary collection that only a tiny percentage of users can match' AND an iPhone 6 I am honestly insulted by this post.

    ETA: Between hatched dragons and unique eggs in storage I have, give or take, 1,414 total dragons.
    Most people will experience out of memory issues with 1400+ dragons on an iPhone 6. Their issue is they crash when playing on an XR, so it's a completely different situation.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fyym View Post
    What? This is one of the things S8 told me to do when I had another issue. So this fixes one problem but will cause another?
    My response wasn't for you, but you've highlighted a problem which is me attempting to give personalized support in a public environment. It's not actually helping, so we'll discontinue here.

    Gong forward, if anyone needs help with a crash. Please contact Support so that you can receive personalized service without any confusion. These are not one-size fix all situations. Thanks!

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •