Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Game more unstable than ever before (Crash CrAsH CRASH)

Banned
    I don't know what S8 has done in last few days but kickouts have at least quadrupled for me! During the last hour on leaderboard I was thrown out at least 6 times! Today in last hour it's been 3 times and getting back into game takes about 3 minutes...sigh...all I do is wait for this game to react...wait, wait then get kicked out.

I use a Samsung tablet A10.1 released in 2016 with 2gig ram. My husband runs on iPad. He is getting kicked out more too but at least he gets back in game quicker and response time is faster. So I feel like Android is second class citizens for S8 to work on...too many kickouts and too slow.

For privacy reasons, Elsa wanted me to PM my model info since I wrote previously that my dragons on main screen freeze and breeding dragons are invisible. I don't PM very well and with slow play time don't have xtra time to PM and I don't understand why the model info has a privacy issue..

So Elsa if you read this there's the model info. And you said S8 tests on variety of devices. Are any Android? And do you use level 200 islands with many many 4,5 dragon habitats? I can't see how S8 doesn't experience failures if they actually test with this sort of configuration.

Rhino Keeper
    I don’t know if this issue is related to all of the constant crashing or not but I think it might be. I use an up to date iPad and for the last few months I have been crashing much more than in the past. For that time, something else has happened. The first time that I try and play DS, I get a notice that the game requires an internet connection. I just close out the game and restart it and I have no more problems like that. When I crash, I simply renter the game. I know that I have a good WiFi connection and have no connection problems with other games, be they S8 or from others. I find it very odd that I have that issue with DS as well as the constant crashing. It has me wondering if the problems that so many of S8’s customers are having is simply because S8 is using outdated and inadequate equipment themselves and either can’t or won’t spend the money themselves to update it. Just a thought

Banned
    I've noticed more crashing and lagging since this thread was started. I'm still going with my original theory of too many graphics squeezed on one screen, not that I'm trying to spread false rumors or anything. With my experience in computer/game design, I think that may be what's going on.

Wow! DS just crashed on me SIX times in four minutes!

It crashes, I restart. It crashes, I restart...

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by deadpixel View Post
    Wow! DS just crashed on me SIX times in four minutes!

It crashes, I restart. It crashes, I restart...
    Usual since years for me on my Ipad mini 4. According to support the hardware is not good enough even though Apple thinks it's good enough for the newest iOS

Admin Community Manager [S8] Elsa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty67 View Post
    Usual since years for me on my Ipad mini 4. According to support the hardware is not good enough even though Apple thinks it's good enough for the newest iOS
    The iPad Mini 4 is almost 5 years old.

Nightclub Owner
    Let me ask an honest question here; we keep getting the response that our devices are too old to support the graphics of this game. So does that mean that S8 gains enough new players every year with the newest devices to justify excluding the "old" players each year? That seems like a very poor business model to me. It's like having an apartment building where you raise the rent the maximum every year; you may get some new tenants but will also drive away folks that have been there for years.

At what point (if any) will the developers adjust the graphics levels in the game rather than expecting the players to get new devices to keep up? I am truly perplexed by this.
    Island Name: Amer Island

1883+ Unique Dragons Hatched
    409+ Unique Dragon Eggs in Storage

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by random59 View Post
    This is basically why I do t play much anymore, several years ago a good neighbour of mine who has stopped playing purchased a brand new iPhone but her device was blamed!

In my honest opinion the game went downhill when the first Halloween version was released and it has never been the same since!

Just saying!
    You are soooo right..the issue has been there for quite a number of years now..S8 just kept telling players it was their devices..players bought brand new devices with more capabilities than their old ones and hey, guess what, the game issues were still there.
    So Don't spend money on a new device and expect the issues to disappear, they won't.

Rhino Keeper
    Was just checking my app updates and noted there was a new Dragon Story game update yesterday..Dec2?

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by orson32 View Post
    Was just checking my app updates and noted there was a new Dragon Story game update yesterday..Dec2?
    Mine says today, but yeah apparently there was an update that we were not notified about

It says: "Bug Fixes" and "Performance improvements" - "Version 3.0.4" - "243.8 MB"
    Island Name: Amer Island

1883+ Unique Dragons Hatched
    409+ Unique Dragon Eggs in Storage

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast