Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Game more unstable than ever before (Crash CrAsH CRASH)

Banned
    Elsa's you say :
    - animations don't play if they aren't on your screen, major improvement to memory

Well, my dragons showing on screen are often frozen! If I hit the habitat then the dragon it may move again but not always. Also, most of the time at least 1 dragon in breeding den is invisible and often both. Sometimes if I move the den toward top of screen 1 will reappear. Seems like you have it backwards....dragons off the screen are cavorting about and those visible are frozen.

I have a 2016 Android running Oreo with 2 gig memory and with DS running I have 481mb free.

Can you explain what's happening here?

Rhino Keeper
    I hope you all know this game is heading right the point where it no longer plays at all and then they'll retire it. They do nothing good . Dragons by the dozens, no land, no fixes , nothing new , soon unplayable

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by [S8] Elsa View Post
    No, I'm saying that any app with high graphics is going to struggle on older devices and invite you to pm me with an example if you've experienced otherwise so I can look into it.
    Elsa, I already stated that I am not tech savvy and never offered an example of another game to compare DS to - the Developers at S8 are supposed to make this game playable for its customers - otherwise what are they there for?? Why do we have never ending content with events and new dragons and new habitats instead of focusing on coming up with a solution to the very basic notion that the game is unstable for almost all players.

My only point in all of this is that if the game is unstable for ANY reason, then the developers should find a solution - not the players.
    Island Name: Amer Island

1883+ Unique Dragons Hatched
    409+ Unique Dragon Eggs in Storage

I myself have complained multiple times about the constant crashing to get the Ye old standard message it’s your device blah blah blah and if there were an issue we would have more complaints at the specific time etc, it’s a load of rubbish it’s the game it’s not our devices and there is nothing any player can do to stop the crashing it needs to be addressed at the developer end. All they seem to want to do is keep the same format over and over collecting the dollars as they roll in until like immortal has stated it becomes unplayable and the whole game is retired and sent to h the abyss of games that die a slow death ��

Banned
    Over it being our devices, got a new iPhone XR in December and by March it was crashing!

I find the blame game instead of fixing the problem is silly, it has been going on for years, can’t see anything changing soon!

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by amerirish View Post
    Elsa, I already stated that I am not tech savvy and never offered an example of another game to compare DS to - the Developers at S8 are supposed to make this game playable for its customers - otherwise what are they there for?? Why do we have never ending content with events and new dragons and new habitats instead of focusing on coming up with a solution to the very basic notion that the game is unstable for almost all players.

My only point in all of this is that if the game is unstable for ANY reason, then the developers should find a solution - not the players.

AGREED!!! I have an iPhone 8+ and an iPad - 5th generation. Have had problems for multiple years!

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by sophiesonsters View Post
    I myself have complained multiple times about the constant crashing to get the Ye old standard message it’s your device blah blah blah and if there were an issue we would have more complaints at the specific time etc, it’s a load of rubbish it’s the game it’s not our devices and there is nothing any player can do to stop the crashing it needs to be addressed at the developer end. All they seem to want to do is keep the same format over and over collecting the dollars as they roll in until like immortal has stated it becomes unplayable and the whole game is retired and sent to h the abyss of games that die a slow death ��
    It seems obvious that S8 does not read or pay any attention to this discussion forum. OR, they ignore it.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by random59 View Post
    Over it being our devices, got a new iPhone XR in December and by March it was crashing!

I find the blame game instead of fixing the problem is silly, it has been going on for years, can’t see anything changing soon!
    Unfortunately, nothing is going to change. It's the "war of wills". When will we older players get fed-up enough to quit? I'm a glutton for punishment

Admin Community Manager [S8] Elsa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by amerirish View Post

Quote Originally Posted by random59 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by MajicHearts View Post
    AGREED!!! I have an iPhone 8+ and an iPad - 5th generation. Have had problems for multiple years!
    I invite all of you to submit screen recordings of the crashes. Devices with iOS 11+ have a built in screen recording options. The instructions are here.

You can submit the videos to support or private message me with a link to an uploaded file. I look forward to hearing from each of you so we can verify if there's a real issue.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by [S8] Elsa View Post
    No, I'm saying that any app with high graphics is going to struggle on older devices and invite you to pm me with an example if you've experienced otherwise so I can look into it.
    I don't have an example to PM you....the developers should be doing that research. Also, if the game can't properly display such high graphics, then maybe it shouldn't have such high graphics. Just a thought from a lay person.
    Island Name: Amer Island

1883+ Unique Dragons Hatched
    409+ Unique Dragon Eggs in Storage

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast