Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Game more unstable than ever before (Crash CrAsH CRASH)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by [S8] Elsa View Post
    I invite all of you to submit screen recordings of the crashes. Devices with iOS 11+ have a built in screen recording options. The instructions are here.

You can submit the videos to support or private message me with a link to an uploaded file. I look forward to hearing from each of you so we can verify if there's a real issue.
    I use Android but went to look at the iOS instructions for recording. Seems to me that you need start recording manually and this would be before a crash and if iOS acts like Android, well, you may crash right away or in 10 minutes or maybe 3 hrs!! That seems not so practical to me. I don't understand why S8 can't buy a few devices and actually run the game to see what happens for themselves.

Buying a few devices shouldn't be prohibitive...you keep recommending players buy new ones all the time to keep pace with the S8 memory hog coding.
    Last edited by Rfs04; 11-11-19 at 04:08 PM.

Banned
    Elsa, I was hoping when I saw your reply to iOS users, you would also provide answers to my animation issues...I guess you missed my earlier post. But why do the dragons on the panel being viewed freeze? Why do the dragons in den disappear?

I have 2gig membership on Android tablet and with DS running I have 480 mb free of that...should indicate memory not an issue.

Can you please explain.

Admin Community Manager [S8] Elsa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rfs04 View Post
    I use Android but went to look at the iOS instructions for recording. Seems to me that you need start recording manually and this would be before a crash and if iOS acts like Android, well, you may crash right away or in 10 minutes or maybe 3 hrs!! That seems not so practical to me. I don't understand why S8 can't buy a few devices and actually run the game to see what happens for themselves.

Buying a few devices shouldn't be prohibitive...you keep recommending players buy new ones all the time to keep pace with the S8 memory hog coding.
    We run and play our games all day on a very wide range of devices as we work on them and we don't encounter these problems. This is why I really need players to come forward with video.

Elsa, I was hoping when I saw your reply to iOS users, you would also provide answers to my animation issues...I guess you missed my earlier post. But why do the dragons on the panel being viewed freeze? Why do the dragons in den disappear?

I have 2gig membership on Android tablet and with DS running I have 480 mb free of that...should indicate memory not an issue.

Can you please explain.
    Can you PM me so I can share details with you about your model and resources? For your privacy. Happy to help you there.

Nightclub Owner
    In order to cut down on the graphics load, why don't the dragons stop flying into the air? I find that annoying anyway.

Also, when collecting coins, stop the "splash" of coins. Next, install a "collect from all" screen so there's one big collection from all habitats at once (personally I would love that!).

Furthermore, develop the Arctic Isles again and allow us to use that space for all dragons. Most long time players are struggling with space anyway. This way we can display all the hundreds of eggs that are stuck in storage and it will cut down on how many habs are on the main island.
    Island Name: Amer Island

1883+ Unique Dragons Hatched
    409+ Unique Dragon Eggs in Storage

Executive Chef
    I use Android but went to look at the iOS instructions for recording. Seems to me that you need start recording manually and this would be before a crash and if iOS acts like Android, well, you may crash right away or in 10 minutes or maybe 3 hrs!! That seems not so practical to me.
    Ummm, exactly. How are we supposed to video the crashes if we don't know when they are going to happen? 🤔🤷*♀️🤔🤷*♀️🤔🤷*♀️🤔🤷*♀️🤔🤷*♀️🤔🤷*♀️🤔🤷*♀️

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by amerirish View Post
    In order to cut down on the graphics load, why don't the dragons stop flying into the air? I find that annoying anyway. .
    Winged dragons that don't fly into the air? 🤔🙄
    Ummm, what? Playing a dragon game but not wanting to see the dragons flying? I'm confused.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by [S8] Elsa View Post
    I look forward to hearing from each of you so we can verify if there's a real issue.
    Either 1. Many of your players are suffering from a mass delusion or 2. Many of your players got together and knowingly decided to make this up as a prank on S8 or 3. There is a real issue.

Banned
    It is a real issue. I'm on the latest Android and experience the same issues. Problem is we can't do videos of the game crashing nor screen shoot it. I've been advocating creating a second screen to stop this and have the game run smoother but it goes in one ear and out the other. The expansion on the main island was a good idea in theory but it made the crashing problem worse and the sheer unfairness regarding marble keys turned off a lot of veteran players. Squeezing too many graphics onto one screen as opposed to spreading it onto two screens is kind of backwards. Plus the nonstop release of dragons is a strain on the screen. This game needs a true update as there hasn't been one since the land was expanded in 2017.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by mymonta View Post
    Winged dragons that don't fly into the air? ����
    Ummm, what? Playing a dragon game but not wanting to see the dragons flying? I'm confused.
    Option 1: have flying dragons in a game that crashes every 3 minutes. Option 2: have dragons that walk around the nest but game doesn't crash as much. Is that a bit more clear?
    Island Name: Amer Island

1883+ Unique Dragons Hatched
    409+ Unique Dragon Eggs in Storage

Banned
    This is basically why I do t play much anymore, several years ago a good neighbour of mine who has stopped playing purchased a brand new iPhone but her device was blamed!

In my honest opinion the game went downhill when the first Halloween version was released and it has never been the same since!

Just saying!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast