Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A Cold Wind Blows: Dragon Tales Event - November 05 2019

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellerslie6 View Post
    I know I will feel stupid when the answer comes, but I will ask anyway ..... What is a PM? (Deadpixel Post#6)

I actually came on to ask if anyone could suggest a good breeding partner for Shatterfrost? I am stuck with 2 x 21 hour eggs on my nests so I will run out of time if I do not luck out with a short breeding time for Shatterfrost.
    PM stands for Private Message. We can send messages to other forum members. Unfortunately, the number you can keep in your mailbox is very small, so my box is always filled up. I guess I'll have to learn to export files, as deadpixel suggested, or just delete them and not worry about it.

I have no idea what is a good partner for Shatterfrost. I just pair it up with something I am being asked to breed with for a bingo task and take my chances. I can't remember what I bred him with, darn it, but I ended up with an enamored dragon, which is only 5 hours. It was definitely not what I expected to come with that pairing, whatever it was.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnirasSweets View Post
    For once there was a glitch in the game that helped my playing instead of hindering it. I was on one of the chapters that wanted me to collect North Stars from breeding but my dragons still had about a few minutes left on the roost so I started doing other things around my island until they were ready. Odd thing is, winning a tourney round somehow completed this step? Never happened before but it was odd enough that I took note.
    This glitch happens because the game does not seem to differentiate between the collection of the North Glows from breeding and those from battles during a tournament.

If you look closely at the details in the Acts, you may notice that it says:

”Collect North Glows from Breeding. (Skip: 30 gold) (Prize:1 Thunder Shields)
    (or from winning a battle in the Arena during a Tourney)

I know I will feel stupid when the answer comes, but I will ask anyway ..... What is a PM? (Deadpixel Post#6)

I actually came on to ask if anyone could suggest a good breeding partner for Shatterfrost? I am stuck with 2 x 21 hour eggs on my nests so I will run out of time if I do not luck out with a short breeding time for Shatterfrost.
    It’s been said a thousand times but I’ll say it again, “The only stupid question is the one not asked!”

As for breeding with Shatterfrost, you might wish to consider using Olympus as a mate. You CANNOT avoid the chance of getting a 20-hour Hot Chocolate, but you will at least avoid possibilities of getting dragons with longer breeding times.

Executive Chef
    My "mymonta" account just bred a Gentle Giant. I'm not sure if I should try to finish the Tales or not. I guess I'll see how far I get before I run out of time. At the least I should be able to finish chapter 8 and get the Thunderstrike.

Admin Community Manager [S8] Elsa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by deadpixel View Post
    This glitch happens because the game does not seem to differentiate between the collection of the North Glows from breeding and those from battles during a tournament.

It's not really a glitch. The quest looks for 'gain North Glows' and the hint suggests breeding because the breeding source has a guaranteed uptime during that task.

It's possible that there may not be an active tournament or that you can finish the tournament before you do that step, but you should get credit from new gains of North Glows after you begin the task.

I hope that helps!

Rhino Keeper

That is a question that I would also like the answer. For the Bingo, I always use Olympus for the ?breed with X dragon ? etc.

I used Olympus for this event and got a 9 hr common Snow Elf. Often with these events chuck up rare and super rare more often than common so there is a risk of of dragons with long breeding times e.g. Hot Chocolate.
    Dragon Story - Iceland, Fantasy Forest Story - Saint Mary

We're down to the last day of the event where we have to receive five Heralding Horns from our neighbors.

With all the crashes and rollbacks going on, you might just want to doublecheck to see that your request got through. After you send off your request for the first time, wait a minute and then try sending it again to just two or three random neighbors. You are safe if the game tells you that they are unable to send the request because you have already requested help from these friends today.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by deadpixel View Post

Interesting.... And here I thought nothing had changed in the year I was away from the game, lol.

What time did this event end? I was on my fourth battle at the very end of the event about 2 CST and didn't get the dragon at the end of the event.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by AprilRenee01 View Post
    What time did this event end? I was on my fourth battle at the very end of the event about 2 CST and didn't get the dragon at the end of the event.
    The end of the Storybook Event depends on what time each player started their first chapter. I started mine when it was released so mine finished last night at the game reset 12 am PST / 3 am EST.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast