Thread: Compensation for server maintenance?

New Resident

Compensation for server maintenance?

So this is a thorn in my side. I understand the server needs to be maintained but why do it during a time precious goal? The notice said it would be back in a few minutes and that was hours ago. My recipes have gone bad and now it will be more difficult to complete the goal. This system is broken and all the changes make it harder and harder. Throwing in a maintenance period does NOT help. They should prevent our food from spoiling or give extra time. Thoughts? I am personally getting fed up and I have played this game since 2010

Executive Chef
    Now this may just be my opinion, but to be fair, I don't think we need compensation for server maintenance. However I understand the frustration around it. However they do it because I think of the time zone change in America's/where they are at, California. So they cannot really plan around it. However with the luck, we maybe (as players) can try to plan around it. Even though at time, it can be difficult to do so.

-However this post was not mean to be rude, I apologise if it seem that way-

But I will say this, how can people plan ahead of it not for forum post about it? I don't think there warning in the actual app/message about it. And for people who not know about forum may not understand/plan ahead.

I do think they need to add warning/message in the game for future reference, just so everyone that play can know. But that just my opinion.
    Last edited by kappy333; 11-03-19 at 06:15 AM.

Nightclub Owner
    I highly doubt we'll see any sort of compensation for the server maintenance as we never have before. It is a pain but this specific maintenance was due to the time change in America so s8 had no choice as to when this happened. I agree with Kappy that an in-game notice would be best for those outside of the US that would have no idea this was coming.

The time change happens twice a year in the US and most computer systems (that have timer systems) need a few hours after a time change to reset their basic functions. It is chaos at work because we can't punch in and out of shifts properly when this happens, always a laugh. So for once I don't think we can blame this on s8.

Rhino Keeper
    My foods also spoiled. Now I am sending gift but gift icon is still highlighted

We can send gift as many as we want now. This is fun ��

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by choconutmilk View Post
    We can send gift as many as we want now. This is fun ��
    I forget this happen!!! Last year my neighbour laugh at me because I didn't know why it happen. Because I not American/understand it.at the time. I think it was glitch on my part, I guess that could be funny? Anyway.

I wish the 5 day goal was already here though, cause garenteed I don't have the part for it however I most likely not do it Anyway.

But now I don't think I can do it I sad now.

Does this happen with every time zone difference in America's? I would like to know please so I can use the time to do so.