Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fright Night: Leaderboard Event - October 29, 2019

Quote Originally Posted by sunshinegail View Post
    Definitely searched all, as the storage opens that way. Also did not receive the essence from the goal for acquiring the Jack?O Grazier. Guess I will let support know. What a pain😝Ugh this game...it?s always something grrr. Thanks for your reply though😊
    UPDATE: Sent a message to support this morning and it was resolved within a few hours😊

Are we all in awe of the amazing score of the GLB leader? I know I am

It was at around 10 p.m. here in Southeast Asia when I signed into my weekly teleconference, and the current leader's score at that time was in the 900K range. I didn't think much about it cause it had been building up over several days. But, I did a double-take when I signed out of my meeting six hours later because the score had jumped by 600,000 points, or was my game not correctly synced with the server

Just imagine the amount of Gold the player bought to speed breed, hatch and evolve his/her dragons and boost his/her score

Assuming the player only breeds and hatches diamond hybrids that have 40+ hours of breeding and incubation times (let's say 44 hours), it would cost the player 88 gold to earn 688 points. He/she would then have to repeat this 873 times, bringing the gold cost to 76,824.

That amount of gold would have to come from 27 purchases of the "Mountain of Gold." Assuming the player bought it during a gold sale, he/she would have had to spend $1,620. Even if the player used breeding and hatching boosts, the cost would only drop by 5%.

WOW! Just WOW!  It's probably just me, but I'd rather spend that amount on a new iPhone 11 Pro Max with 512GB of storage, rather than on a few static pixels (not dead pixels). And I'll even have pocket-change

Apart from the $$ involved, time is another factor. On average, it takes approximately 20 seconds to perform each breed, hatch, and sell. This amounts to 17,460 seconds or 291 minutes or 4 hours 50 minutes of continuous playing. Did I say, WOW!?

It's been some time since I had to do the math, but I think the figures are about right

Irony is wasted on the foolish

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by deadpixel View Post

It was at around 10 p.m. here in Southeast Asia when I signed into my weekly teleconference, and the current leader's score at that time was in the 900K range. I didn't think much about it cause it had been building up over several days. But, I did a double-take when I signed out of my meeting six hours later because the score had jumped by 600,000 points, or was my game not correctly synced with the server

Just imagine the amount of Gold the player bought to speed breed, hatch and evolve his/her dragons and boost his/her score

Assuming the player only breeds and hatches diamond hybrids that have 40+ hours of breeding and incubation times (let's say 44 hours), it would cost the player 88 gold to earn 688 points. He/she would then have to repeat this 873 times, bringing the gold cost to 76,824.

That amount of gold would have to come from 27 purchases of the "Mountain of Gold." Assuming the player bought it during a gold sale, he/she would have had to spend $1,620. Even if the player used breeding and hatching boosts, the cost would only drop by 5%.

WOW! Just WOW!  It's probably just me, but I'd rather spend that amount on a new iPhone 11 Pro Max with 512GB of storage, rather than on a few static pixels (not dead pixels). And I'll even have pocket-change

Apart from the $$ involved, time is another factor. On average, it takes approximately 20 seconds to perform each breed, hatch, and sell. This amounts to 17,460 seconds or 291 minutes or 4 hours 50 minutes of continuous playing. Did I say, WOW!?

It's been some time since I had to do the math, but I think the figures are about right

You are by no means alone in your awe - everything about that score is so out of the realms of the norm that I have no choice but to be impressed! Not only is the money and time spent worthy of note, but the thing that blows me away is the sheer dedication involved.

I adore s8 games and consider myself to be a rabid collector in those (4 games) that I do play daily but I cannot even fathom the drive behind trying to get such a high score. At least now when I feel like I'm going overboard trying to complete a 'collection' in any of my games I can always think back on this player and know that somewhere out there is a player that makes my gaming look tame, lol!

Executive Chef

Wow! Those numbers are quite incredible, as are your math s****s.

I've been kicking myself for starting to use gold to boost my Bingo points occasionally. I mean, to me the idea of winning the hatching/evolving/breeding/food boosts is to save gold when I decide I want to speed something up. Using gold to get more boosts is just doing the opposite of saving gold. I don't feel so bad now. Lol! I don't know if people really want the prizes that badly, or do they just want the prestige of being able to say they won. Thankfully I landed well on all 3 of my accounts and now have sufficient food to complete the new Storybook.

As an additional perspective, I will be getting my annual bonus check tomorrow. It will be in the neighborhood of $800 after taxes, and the winner of the global leaderboard spent double that to win a pixel and some fake gold. Maybe this person is a Saudi sheik or a Warren Buffet type. Lol!

Quote Originally Posted by mymonta View Post
    Wow! Those numbers are quite incredible, as are your math s****s.

I've been kicking myself for starting to use gold to boost my Bingo points occasionally. I mean, to me the idea of winning the hatching/evolving/breeding/food boosts is to save gold when I decide I want to speed something up. Using gold to get more boosts is just doing the opposite of saving gold. I don't feel so bad now. Lol! I don't know if people really want the prizes that badly, or do they just want the prestige of being able to say they won. Thankfully I landed well on all 3 of my accounts and now have sufficient food to complete the new Storybook.

As an additional perspective, I will be getting my annual bonus check tomorrow. It will be in the neighborhood of $800 after taxes, and the winner of the global leaderboard spent double that to win a pixel and some fake gold. Maybe this person is a Saudi sheik or a Warren Buffet type. Lol!
    You'll want to use some of that nice bonus to upgrade your mail storage

Rhino Keeper

Hacked game maybe? Can’t imaging anyone actually spending $1,620 just to come in first place in a game tournament. I don’t even look at the Global anymore. I did actually come in 113 place in the Global. In the Local, I came in 3rd without even trying all that hard. There are 3 names that if they appear in the Local, then I won’t even fight for 1st/2nd place because they win it everytime. I find it is cheaper just to buy the prize dragon at the beginning of the Event, then to fight back & forth with someone who wants it as bad as you do. I actually used 1,700 on that dragon, 1400 to buy her & 300 gold fighting to stay in 1st place. I wanted to see who was willing to do anything to get her & stay in 1st/2nd place. I figure if I have to spend my gold getting her, then they were going to have to spend theirs fighting for her.LOL. As for the trophy, it will go into storage forever. It is just another useless decoration that takes up needed space for habitats.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 06hunter View Post
    Hacked game maybe? Can’t imaging anyone actually spending $1,620 just to come in first place in a game tournament. I don’t even look at the Global anymore. I did actually come in 113 place in the Global. In the Local, I came in 3rd without even trying all that hard. There are 3 names that if they appear in the Local, then I won’t even fight for 1st/2nd place because they win it everytime. I find it is cheaper just to buy the prize dragon at the beginning of the Event, then to fight back & forth with someone who wants it as bad as you do. I actually used 1,700 on that dragon, 1400 to buy her & 300 gold fighting to stay in 1st place. I wanted to see who was willing to do anything to get her & stay in 1st/2nd place. I figure if I have to spend my gold getting her, then they were going to have to spend theirs fighting for her.LOL. As for the trophy, it will go into storage forever. It is just another useless decoration that takes up needed space for habitats.
    I like your strategy! If I had the patience to deal with these leaderboards then I'd probably employ this but I'm tired of them in general because it encourages unfair game play for just pixels.

I spent 250 gold and came on 2nd on local and 170 in global rather a low score for me but I’m not playing high anymore, I have more than enough food to get me through tales and I managed to get the dragon who cares about a trophy, spent same amount on baby account came 1st on local so I’m happy all round with a fairly stress free week of playing as for the global winners we’ll I won’t go into what I think of them its pointless.

Executive Chef
    You'll want to use some of that nice bonus to upgrade your mail storage
    Good idea! I just did that!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12