Thread: Pop up ads

New Resident

Pop up ads

All of a sudden I am getting constant random pop up ads in the middle of game play. The ad just pops up and starts playing with a way to stop it. This has never happened before. Anyone else having this issue and how do you make it stop?

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by jzstorm View Post
    All of a sudden I am getting constant random pop up ads in the middle of game play. The ad just pops up and starts playing with a way to stop it. This has never happened before. Anyone else having this issue and how do you make it stop?
    There is no way to stop the ads, it's just the newest way s8 is advertising to us across all of their games.

Host(ess)
    Yeah I get them too and about to delete the game. It gets aggravating. I would rather pay a small fee each month than see those ads.

Rhino Keeper
    I don’t want a monthly fee. A small ONE TIME fee would be the only one I would pay after they fix the crashing problem and stop pop ups. I already buy gems. I won’t do the update until they take out the videos that totally interfere with the goals.

I bet they’re planning to shut down Restraurant Story soon. Think about it: If they would be interested in running this game for a few more years, they would not be so stupid to annoy the players by showing them ads during game play. But if they’re planning to shut down RS in the next few weeks, it totally makes sense: They profit from the ads and they don’t care about loosing players.

The pop up ads are so intrusive; I refuse to play a game that forces you to watch ads. At least before, you could choose to see an ad(s) for gems or speed up the baking time, now you?re forced to watch with no gems. It?s bad enough the pop ups upon entering the game and now in the middle of the game? Totally unacceptable. This is how games die off. This is also why game companies continue with this practice, because players just accept it.

What is with the pop up ads?

I play bakery story, restaurant story and dragon story. Have played all 3 for over 8 years. All 3 games are having pop up ads just for performing basic functions. Please stop. I don?t mind watching an ad to speed something up or receive a gem, but this is getting very annoying

I just started receiving these ads. It's infuriating! A sure fire way to drive players away.

Fashion Designer
    The ads are exceptionally annoying. Between that and the constant crashing, plus the ridiculously difficult goals...I'm starting to care less and less about these games. I really want to keep playing, but it's just so difficult.

Fashion Designer
    I force close out of the game once one pops up then go back in. But if they get more intrusive I will delete the app. I hate it when companies shove ads in your face. Super annoying.