Page 14 of 47 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 10/24: Misunderstood Medusa | event information on page 1

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by peachtreeshoppe View Post
    I read the last couple pages but not all so forgive me if this was asked.... Am I right that there are two different workshop crafts both titled exactly the same "re-gnome spell"? I saw that the goal I am on requires me to make some of this item and I was about to start the first one but I think I need to make the second based on the color in the goal. That's super subtle... Is this a bug they can fix so people don't make the wrong one? Or will making the first one count?

Reminds me of the royal sundae.
    They are two different goals, the first one for Angry Gnome and second for Angrier Gnome. Doing the first one will NOT count towards the second goal.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by HuckleTown View Post
    My only issue with these 2 goals is that the angrier gnome we defeated in Goal 7 does NOT count toward goal 8 so we will be collecting 49 torches instead of the 48 we need.

For goal 8 (where we need to defeat 48 Angrier Gnomes and need 48 torches for the 6 crafts) are we supposed to find we get 1 torch per Gnome? (So like you say 48 torches from 48 Gnomes, plus 1 torch from goal 7)

Because I‘ve defeated 37 out of 48 Gnomes, but only have 35 torches and since 1 of the torches came from goal 7 that means I‘ve only had 34 torches drop from 37 Gnomes meaning I’m going to have to defeat at least 50 Gnomes, not 48, unless they sometimes drop 2 torches to make up for sometimes dropping 0?
    Last edited by GC5410; 10-25-19 at 04:19 PM.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by queens_ransom View Post
    Many thanks to ham2905 for mentioning that this is a replica of the Going Gnome event. I went and looked it up, and it does seem to correspond to this one.

Or seems incredibly energy-intensive, but on the bright side, there are intermediary rewards (the gnomes we craft) so it's not an all-or-nothing proposition. Even those who don't make it to the final prize can get valuable prizes along the way. I like this aspect!
    I'm at Goal 5 and saw how many gnomes I had to fight. I shook my head and said nope. Then went and stored my diamond flowers. Then saw that bit about crafting a gnome and went right back into my storeroom and threw those flowers right back in their beds. Lol. At this point I'm thinking of just stopping after crafting the gnome. I really don't feel the need to understand Medusa or her snakes right now.

Unless of of course I see something else I really want

Quote Originally Posted by GC5410 View Post
    For goal 8 (where we need to defeat 48 Angrier Gnomes and need 48 torches for the 6 crafts) are we supposed to find we get 1 torch per Gnome? (So like you say 48 torches from 48 Gnomes, plus 1 torch from goal 7)

Because I‘ve defeated 37 out of 48 Gnomes, but only have 35 torches and since 1 of the torches came from goal 7 that means I‘ve only had 34 torches drop from 37 Gnomes meaning I’m going to have to defeat at least 50 Gnomes, not 48, unless they sometimes drop 2 torches to make up for sometimes dropping 0?
    And I counted all the cottages, libraries, etc I tapped & got a gnome from each one to defeat but also came up short! But ...I was short in the gnome count in the goal. Shorted by 2! Wasn't happy at that observation either!
    Accolon of Lorrainne ♌️❌❌{}=============>
    ⚔⚔Proud member (#16) of The Thuakie Sword Society ⚔⚔
    *******NOT adding any new neighbors at this time******

Fashion Designer
    I read the last couple pages but not all so forgive me if this was asked.... Am I right that there are two different workshop crafts both titled exactly the same "re-gnome spell"? I saw that the goal I am on requires me to make some of this item and I was about to start the first one but I think I need to make the second based on the color in the goal. That's super subtle... Is this a bug they can fix so people don't make the wrong one? Or will making the first one count?

Very bad form to call both spells re-gnome spell. Why not make the 2nd one re-gnome spell 2? I can see someone making the first one again by mistake.
    Kingdom is Nancelot. I play regularly and try to be very swift to respond to requests.

Executive Chef

I know! I hate it! Jeez, we all complained so much last time about having 2 items with the same name, now it's compounded by having 2 different Event items with the Exact Same Name! What's wrong with "angry gnome spell" and "angrier gnome spell"? Those names are close enough anyway that people will get confused as it is....(I am assuming that S8 is deliberately trying to be tricky to make sure we pay attention & so it's challenging, but this is a bit much IMO)
    Plz add: SofiaDeo, pinkpresence (Pinks Place), impyLou (Queen Impylou), aaerie (Aaerie)
    Plz ask all 4 or none, thx

Executive Chef
    For the Angrier Re-gnome:

Silver ore
    Crafted: magic forge
    Found: chopping any rock type, sparkling mine, deep mine, troll vault, adventures, gift from neighbours (expired), various Baron's Game Tent prizes, Emma the Royal Poodle (Baron's Game Tent), Jewel Cart, Golden mine, L5 Moon Crystal Base, Alicolt, Moon Rock, Witch Alicolt, Yeti, Arctic Bear, Armored Alicorn, Armored Manticore, Rooted Mine, Celestial stag, Queen Mantiwort, Baby Mantiwort, Shadow lynx, Fey Courthouse, Dive into the Abyss adventure, Pfefferknot Pony, Tea Cup Poodle, Shi Tzu, Armored flyger, Ember Throne, ghost knight, Aetas, Woodland cannon, Interpret the Wizard (mystic card), Gnome Wizard, Silver fae dragon, Darling Damsel, Armored Wyvern, Armored Lion, Harvey, Black bear cub, Mountain of the Wilds, Snow Castle, L8 Dainty Castle, Emerald Gnome, Cameron (purple leprechaun), Wee Carriage, Royal Siren, Tamed Mantiwort, Pilu, Paparazzi Gnome, Suzie

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by SofiaDeo View Post
    I know! I hate it! Jeez, we all complained so much last time about having 2 items with the same name, now it's compounded by having 2 different Event items with the Exact Same Name! What's wrong with "angry gnome spell" and "angrier gnome spell"? Those names are close enough anyway that people will get confused as it is....(I am assuming that S8 is deliberately trying to be tricky to make sure we pay attention & so it's challenging, but this is a bit much IMO)
    Ohhh no! I have just realised there are two Re-Gnome Spells, right after making the wrong one! Grrrrrrrr. All those Diamondhead Flowers lost. Come on, S8 - this is blatant click bait. Really unfair, and in bad spirit. Why else would you do that?

Executive Chef
    This is gonna be an intensive event!
    Going Gnome - the event this replicates - was a four week event...
    Getting this all done in two weeks will be hard for most players.

The new Gnome characters have great drops!
    I would recommend everyone get as far as they can, as these prizes are awarded along the way - not at the end.

Only the most experienced kingdoms will win Melissa and Jonas.

Moderator (volunteer) SpiritWind00's Avatar
    I've updated page 1 with all the goals as known plus added some comparative drop info in the Inventory post if it's similar/same to Going Gnome event. Here's the link if you're interested:
    https://forums.storm8.com/showthread...s-Land-14-days