Quote Originally Posted by Rosewood_Keep View Post
Still no gold nugget. I have decided to call it quits on this event.

S8, it seems incredibly unfair to require a rare item at the very beginning of the event. It is one thing for the optional adventures but completely different to be the gatekeeper to an entire event.

Best of luck to the other players.

(The gold mine sounds nice, I hope it comes back to the market at some point.)
I may be giving the benefit of the doubt, but I would consider looking at it this way: In the past, events have called for gold nuggets toward the end after people have spent thousands of energy, setting alarms, using up all of their resources.

Players requested that such roadblocks be up front so that people don't get so close to the end and then realize they're missing a hard-to-come-by ingredient. They felt trapped. If you don't have two nuggets on hand or the resources that provide them now, you likely won't make it through and better to figure that out now than after sleepless nights.

The first year or so of this game I could never finish events, or I had to spend a ton of gems to be able to. That's par for the course. Maybe it'd be worth them looking at a model of making the events more accessible, but I think that for now, they are geared for advanced players.