Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Video ads?

So, Storm8, I hope someone is reading these comments. Over the years I’ve seen a number of pop-ups that advertise the other storm8 games increase and those are completely irritating enough. But now going in and being forced to watch an ad to collect my food is utterly ridiculous! I would love it if there was a way that we could opt out of all the pop-up advertising for any other storm8 game and all the ridiculous ads. it seems like an opt out feature would be better than losing so many customers.

Rhino Keeper
    These ads are interfering with the goals. They stop the game when you’re right in the middle of doing what is needed.

Executive Chef
    Is the ad like this?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	972437E3-0DF2-49B9-84CF-E19E6CD05E0C.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	107.3 KB 
ID:	53652

I never have the ads in my main bakery's, but ironic, I do in my non main 1s, there 1s where I not spend moneys in.

New Resident
    I get the pop ups (which are annoying because it?s easy to accidentally click them) but also when I am adding or removing food from my ovens. I wouldn?t mind if they were shorter or if we got gems. But so far they?re just a nuisance when I am trying to cook.

Rhino Keeper
    I?ve been getting (and somewhat tolerating) these in RS and now on FS2.
    I hope Storm 8 will listen and remove these. Rhis is why I?m posting here.
    I already spend too much time on Storm 8 games. I try to support them by watching the by choice ads. I will not continue having what little time I have to play games disrupted by time spent watching forced ads.
    If forced ads aren?t removed, I?ll be using my rare and valuable play time elsewhere.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by everlinn View Post
    I get the pop ups (which are annoying because it?s easy to accidentally click them) but also when I am adding or removing food from my ovens. I wouldn?t mind if they were shorter or if we got gems. But so far they?re just a nuisance when I am trying to cook.
    Now this I agree with.

I try to get on my NN bakery, and to my surprise (I get 5 second ad, and yesterday a 25? A 25 second ad) so not that ad I think it was at 1st I know they need to earn money, but this will possibly make paying costumers disappear,

I know if I get them on kappy, and on my 2 other paying bakery's, it would be like all game I delete.

I would not care about how much I spend
    /What I have, I out fast regardless.
    My tip for them would to make big sales more often, at least 1 every month.

And maybe they wouldn't need to do this, I hope you listen S8. As I again, see improvement that I know you (S8) can reach.
    Last edited by kappy333; 11-06-19 at 08:17 AM.

I too refuse to play any game that forces ads on you. It?s bad enough the constant pop ups after entering the game and now during the game too. I will be retiring as well. It?s a choice people, watch and play and don?t complain or show it?s not acceptable. At least before, it was a choice to watch to get free gems and speed up cooking time but now not. I hate to think the poor little kids playing being subjected to all these ads. Not cool! Shame on TL.

New Resident
    I'm facing an issue where the videos you watch to get free gems won't load. It's been like this for the past few days. On Android version. Is anyone else getting this?

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by Noirchoc View Post
    I'm facing an issue where the videos you watch to get free gems won't load. It's been like this for the past few days. On Android version. Is anyone else getting this?
    Yes! Usually I have no issues or problems with the videos, but these last couple of weeks my videos won't play at all. Just gives the message 'sorry the video failed to load.please try again later', and if I try again it's just an everlasting loop of the same message over and over again. It's frustrating because I've tried everything (uninstalling/reinstalling, clearing cache, restarting my tablet, trying videos at different times,ECT) but no change :/ I tried sending a help ticket to S8, but they immediately closed it.

New Resident
    I've tried various methods like you as well, but always get that same message. So frustrating, even videos to speed up the cooking by 2 hours won't play.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast