Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Video ads?

Rhino Keeper

Video ads?

Is this just happening to me? It seems lately in last few weeks while I?m in iOS bakery only. I?m putting my dishes on a counter suddenly a video ad pops up n starts play all without my permission? Is this some sort of new gimmick they?re trying to push on us? N no I?m not accidentally clicking the watch ad button this is after my dishes have cooked! The only way to stop the ad is to exit game completely swipe it from home screen. Then re login again. If this is the case, then I might quit cause this?d get real annoying real fast since it happens almost every time I finish my dish to put on counters! Thanks

Rhino Keeper
    No, it isn't you. The latest update (I updated today) is when I noticed this annoying behavior. And, yes, this is happening when you are tending to completed dishes. I hate when games do this kind of stuff and if it gets really bad, I may have to say adios to BS. I'm trying to see if I can install an older version of the game as this isn't happening to the devices I didn't update.

New Resident
    Totally there with you guys. I stopped playing dragon story as that was doing the same. Videos last for 30 seconds but it’s so annoying. I hate the pop ups every time I go into the games but a video too? I’ll stop playing bs as well if they carry on and I’ve been playing for the best part of 8 years now. I wouldn’t mind the pop ups of other games if it was once a day but it’s not :-(

Rhino Keeper
    I will not watch a video forced on me. If S8 wants to show me a video, then give me a choice. The timing of these videos is very inconvenient. I force close the game as soon as it starts.

It’s really sad to keep losing good neighbors over these annoying changes.

I thought it was just me. I have always hated the pop ups, but this is too much. If I'm going to have to sit through forced ads, I'm quitting. I would HAPPILY pay a few dollars for the game to not have any pop ups or ads. But, this isn't going to work for me.

Yep, happening to me too. Not only is this annoying, it’s sneaky....how about letting us know when there will be changes or additions to how the game works. Getting very weary, after 5 years of playing

Came to forum to see if anyone else had similar issue!
    At first I thought I'd mis-tapped on 'watch video', 'gold boost', etc.
    It happens within seconds of getting through all the other initial pop-ups (gem sale, other game ad, etc), and even after I restart the game, does the same thing, cannot progress to recipes unless I watch, and yes they are always 30-sec or longer.
    I'm open to watching a video a day if that's what BS needs to keep going, but I want the option to play it when I can, not be forced on EVERY time a game loads.

I play this game with mom and she enjoys decorating, cooking, but I may be forced to stop playing.
    No similar issue with RS yet, but when that happens... then I'm just switching to different games altogether I guess.

Rhino Keeper
    I am also not happy with this. Ads popping up unexpectedly, some long, some opening then closing, sometimes two or three close together. What the heck! Give a choice of when to watch or start charging a nominal fee to play.......There has to be a less intrusive and less annoying way to gain revenue from these games.

Rhino Keeper
    Are you all at least getting gems for the videos you watch?

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by baker9081 View Post
    Are you all at least getting gems for the videos you watch?
    The new style of video that pops up during game play doesn't offer rewards for watching - they just seem to be a new way for them to advertise their other games to us.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast