Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Video ads?

Aaaaand I just got an ad of a crying wife watching her *****ing husband. Nope that is not a family friendly ad. Peace out storm 8. My other advice is to maybe give bakery story some diversity. There is only one black person depicted in all of your decos and no black customers (the lady scientist is the only deco ). I?m sad, I liked the game. But I can?t snuggle on the couch with my seven year old and have her be like ?what?s *****ing? ?why is she crying ?. Plus the stupid guy in underwear one. Plus once it hits 8 my time the ads you can watch to speed cooking time can get awful too. So super unfortunate

Yes this happened with the new 13.2 iOS update. I agree, I am not a fan of videos playing without me choosing to watch it. I?ve I have played since 2012 and may also stop playing. I exit out and re log in to avoid watching the ad, so really they?re not advertising, they are just being annoying.

I just tried that, every time I go back in the ad is there waiting for me.

Host(ess)
    The adverts appear in all of the games now, but there is no ?x? button to turn them off.

Nope. Our only recourse is to quickly force close the game as soon as you realize an ad is coming in, then reopen it. For me it usually doesn't reappear, and I know I will have at least 1 session ad-free. I'm sorry to hear that the ad is still waiting for you when you reopen the game, especially an inappropriate ad! I wonder if other games would pop in an ad right in the middle of gameplay? I know they don't, because it's very disruptive, rude, and annoying!
    If they need revenue, why not offer an optional paid version of the game?
    Last edited by BettiBoopsie; 12-03-19 at 11:37 AM. Reason: Probably shouldn't mention a competing game by name. Sorry - not cool!

Fashion Designer
    Oh I thought this was new but I guess it started happening since October for some players. It started happening maybe a few weeks ago for me and it's really interruptive to the game play... sigh. I do force close the game as soon as the ad starts playing but to reload the game takes time and sometimes I forget to go back to the game which has made me spoil my food multiple times. It's unfortunate that Storm8 has chosen to do this.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by houseforjoy View Post
    Aaaaand I just got an ad of a crying wife watching her *****ing husband. Nope that is not a family friendly ad. Peace out storm 8. My other advice is to maybe give bakery story some diversity. There is only one black person depicted in all of your decos and no black customers (the lady scientist is the only deco ). I?m sad, I liked the game. But I can?t snuggle on the couch with my seven year old and have her be like ?what?s *****ing? ?why is she crying ?. Plus the stupid guy in underwear one. Plus once it hits 8 my time the ads you can watch to speed cooking time can get awful too. So super unfortunate
    Luckily I'm rarely on bakeries that I get ads on, but that type of ad is definitely inappropriate, especially for a teen or even kids game. I'm not sure what the target age group of this game is, but I know or have heard that kids play this game. Even though I hear it's not advised.

However I agree most with your diversity comment. However there is more than just 1 decoration with a black person or person with Natasha's Sweets skin tone/colour. But there definitely needs to be more.

Natasha's Cauldron
    The Headliners (I hope they bring it back! - however this is not a thread for such wishes)
    The guy in the Parade Hosts (same with this)
    & The girl (ballerina) in the Opening Night.

It's rare in comparison to other skin types that are most used, however. Which isn't good.

But back to the topic of this thread - I'm wondering what else plays as ads. Or how worse it actually gets, or if it does get any worse than that. I'm sure it does but so far the worse I've seen that has been said of such ads are, your comment and slots ads.

The only ads I get when I have got ads are like colouring games/word games. I'm grateful for that at least. !

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by kappy333 View Post
    Luckily I'm rarely on bakeries that I get ads on, but that type of ad is definitely inappropriate, especially for a teen or even kids game. I'm not sure what the target age group of this game is, but I know or have heard that kids play this game. Even though I hear it's not advised.

However I agree most with your diversity comment. However there is more than just 1 decoration with a black person or person with Natasha's Sweets skin tone/colour. But there definitely needs to be more.

Natasha's Cauldron
    The Headliners (I hope they bring it back! - however this is not a thread for such wishes)
    The guy in the Parade Hosts (same with this)
    & The girl (ballerina) in the Opening Night.

It's rare in comparison to other skin types that are most used, however. Which isn't good.

But back to the topic of this thread - I'm wondering what else plays as ads. Or how worse it actually gets, or if it does get any worse than that. I'm sure it does but so far the worse I've seen that has been said of such ads are, your comment and slots ads.

The only ads I get when I have got ads are like colouring games/word games. I'm grateful for that at least. !
    Oh! And an update regarding ads that I've seen posted about.

I was just reading the English reviews on the app (Apple) store, and I came across the discussion or a comment about the ads that come in.

I'm not going to post about the name of the game since 3rd party rules I think still applies per forum, even if it's advertised on the game.

Well regardless, it has the name "garden" in it if that helps narrow down the games.
    If you've been watching or hearing of a game with the name "garden" - it hasn't been of anything good, but rather with s**ual undertones in the advertisements.

I'm not sure how the ads work in the game, if S8 can control them, but something needs to be done about them.

That's for sure.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	65AE29B7-BDB5-4C9B-A1E3-4D2A578F3EB7.jpeg 
Views:	79 
Size:	222.9 KB 
ID:	54538

Because if there is a foreseeable future when my daughter or future kids grow older and where Bakery Story still exists, I definitely wouldn't want them to see this.

-- please forgive my rubbish way of censoring/editing things, it appears to look like a little kid edited them for me. I apologise for it!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	83804E38-AA34-4E24-888B-B71439EE673F.jpeg 
Views:	58 
Size:	219.3 KB 
ID:	54537  
    Last edited by kappy333; 02-03-20 at 08:04 PM. Reason: Just realised I hadn't fully censored the name.

Executive Chef
    Update, instead of the 3 bakeries I had that didn't get the 5+ (or longer) second ads,

I now only have 2 bakeries that doesn't get the ads.

Luckily though, kappy333, and DF don't get them (at this current moment in time) as them are my most used bakeries out of the 3.

Though that (for me) doesn't make it any less aggravating!
    67/67 Regular Flytraps
    2/2 Flytrap Variants
    1+ Extra Flytrap

70 Flytraps Combined

Last updated 17/3/24

(Only Actively Playing Farm Story 2)

Quote Originally Posted by myharleycat View Post
    Is this just happening to me? It seems lately in last few weeks while I?m in iOS bakery only. I?m putting my dishes on a counter suddenly a video ad pops up n starts play all without my permission? Is this some sort of new gimmick they?re trying to push on us? N no I?m not accidentally clicking the watch ad button this is after my dishes have cooked! The only way to stop the ad is to exit game completely swipe it from home screen. Then re login again. If this is the case, then I might quit cause this?d get real annoying real fast since it happens almost every time I finish my dish to put on counters! Thanks
    I have the same problem. I am leaving the game!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast