Page 18 of 36 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 10/10: Jack the Clipper | event information on page 1

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyrae View Post
    Yes!!!!! I've been saying this for every event where we have to chop trees for material. Why not rocks or collect from cows or chickens or pigs or goats or whatever. Why are we chopping down the entire forest for one single flower?!

Heads up btw, coconut milk drops from maple trees too. Not sure how that works in real life but there you go
    Curious indeed. I see a possible milkshake in the offing with sap plus milk...

Well, to be fair, I do remember being overloaded with stones relatively recently. And there was a recent debilitating need for wool that I think was more story than event based. So they do seem to aim at diversification. And while I know I've chopped a lot (a lot, a lot ) of trees since I've started Castle Story, this particular angst might just be the unfortunate confluence of two very recent storylines.
    Queen/Kingdom Chicago. I friend back and fulfill materials requests daily, but visit only sporadically.

Quote Originally Posted by ham2905 View Post
    I was originally going to sit this one out as We had just done a very intense monster hunt and the merman event along with the new storyline but it's been a nice relaxing event! A nice but productive break!
    I agree. I failed the monster hunt spectacularly, and the merman event was less than stellar even though I followed it through to the end.

But I kind of feel like I'm winning at this one. I've only resolved to purposely fail one task after only one attempt at Elvis Piggy. I'm not far enough along to give up golden nuggets like they were mini Snickers on the 31st.

The rest I feel I can manage pretty comfortably.
    Queen/Kingdom Chicago. I friend back and fulfill materials requests daily, but visit only sporadically.

Fashion Designer
    Does anyone have the counts of the various Fairies that drop from the chests?
    I do chop make sure I get the 3 chests a day and would like to have Melvin, Wilbur and Suzie, however I worry if I use the Fairies early on, I won't have enough for Suzie.
    Queendom Name - Hyrule

Quote Originally Posted by venatemp View Post
    I do chop make sure I get the 3 chests a day and would like to have Melvin, Wilbur and Suzie, however I worry if I use the Fairies early on, I won't have enough for Suzie.
    I’m thinking I won’t complete the scissors trade in the faerie atrium as it requires the items required to collect Melvin, Wilbur and Suzie which I’d like to do. Using up that amount of materials just for 3 scissors seems ridiculous.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by bfstone View Post
    Does anyone know why the fairies collected from past events do not carry over? I had a ton leftover and I didn?t see them when this event started. Bummer.

And what is this lovecupine business that started today? If I **** enough of them will I find true love or just have to face the harrowing reality that I?m a murderer and no one will ever love me? What triggers them? Should I play a series of romcoms or just sing my woes while perched in my windowsill to the moon?

These trolls with their terrible wigs should drop energy with a few hits, but I?m finding it takes all 10 hits to defeat them, much like the sharks did for the first week and then suddenly we got energy here and there. Im just saying that if you have a bad wig you should be more generous to those of us that have to look at you.
    Haha you?re funny!! I was wondering the same thing on all accounts too! I agree though, I wish the wigged out trolls dropped energy too like the other monsters.

I, too, am enjoying the easier pace after the last few events.

My question is, why aren?t there more Sweeney Todd references going on? It is one of my favorite musicals. I highly recommend the Johnny Depp movie.

*Spoilers ahead for anyone who does not want them* *Also, if you have not seen it, fair warning it is disturbing content*

It is funny that the Elvis pig, who no doubt got his hair cut by the Sweeney Todd parody, gives off bacon. After all, the scheme was that Todd was cooking up the meat of his barbershop clients haha.

?Seems an awful waste. Such a nice plump frame, what?s his name has...had...has...nor it can?t be traced. ~ Seems an awful waste with the price of meat what it is, when you get it, if you get it.?

I’m visiting my farmhouses but so far I’ve only had one Wigged Out Troll. Am I missing something? No other beasts are in my kingdom

Volunteer Moderator SpiritWind00's Avatar
    Have at least 10-12 farmhouses and collect all at once. Don't wait for the ruler to go by one by one. Go quick collection!

‼️The quick collection way means faster collecting of multiple items on your board. Multi click what you want to collect, click social icon, then exit.‼️

There are a few other ways (pull notifications up or down) and others in the Hub how to thread.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by venatemp View Post
    Suzie is the only one who requires Talinium Faeries (the gold ones) and they only drop 1-3 per chest.
    So you'll probably only get her towards the end of the event.
    The Faerie Chests drop a lot more of the other Faeries at ones, so it would be a shame to not spent them on Wilbur and Melvin.
    You will have the spent Larkspur (pink) and Maple (rainbow) Faeries back again long before you have gathered 70 Talinium Faeries (gold)

I agree that the Scissors trade is very expansive for only 3 scissors.

Low level requirements for barber shop level 5:
    4 of each and 4 combs
    Last edited by Wellara; 10-13-19 at 03:00 AM. Reason: Incomplete