Page 16 of 36 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 10/10: Jack the Clipper | event information on page 1

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by HuckleTown View Post
    CHICKENS: (and mushroom circles) drop rate is pretty low. Luckily we don't need a lot and can periodically collect while waiting for ivy.

ADVENTURE: I have found the special prize hasn't been too special. I only do the adventure to use up the silky fur that drops from the trees. Once I have collected enough sap for upgrading the barbershop, I won't chop more fur trees if I haven't gotten the pig.

SKUNKS: The corn strategy is interesting. Great advice. I'm usually lucky enough in events with this model to get enough of the monster from the trees or rocks that drop the crafting material. Then I can park the other monster needed for upgrading while waiting for Ivy (or the troll camp in other events).

I finally figured out I can spend some of my daily energy on my kingdom and still complete this kind of event. I now concentrate on getting enough materials for the next upgrade while waiting on Ivy. At the lower levels, I will collect to make the non-Ivy crafts for the level after. I find it much less daunting to think, ok, I need materials for 3 then 4 then 5 etc of each instead of 22 all at once.

I probably use 2/3 of my energy on fur trees. Then most of the rest on my kingdom and 2 or 3 times a day clear my chickens (15 or so) and red mushroom circles (8). That way I haven't gotten all I need and still have adventures to send. Atleast I can use the items from the 6 or 7 adventures I typically can send out.
    Early on I try to gather as much material as possible for the event and definitely spawn as many of the required beasts as possible. I find that by the time I get to maybe half way through the goal, or maybe a third of the time period allotted for the event, everything gets scarce - drops and spawns trickle down to almost non existent. I don't care what S8 says about not altering the spawn and drop rate during events I know it happens. Right now I'm at goal 6 and have everything ready except the Ivy drop of red hair and the saw mill drop of wooden paddles. Those I have to just patiently wait for and I refuse to speed up with gems. My workshops are going constantly making the pomades and brushes while I wait.

@Habanero, unfortunately there is no way to know whether the buildings or the other rewards and prizes will end up being energy or trade ticket droppers or just dud prizes. The only way is for someone to speed up everything and blaze through the goals and actually win the prizes and report here. And even then that is not a guarantee of what the drops will finally be. Sometimes the drops change after an event is completed. So a building or character that just drops fish and water during an event may drop trade tickets or energy post event.

Banned
    Lower level
    Lvl2 and 3. 1 of each 4combs
    Lvl4. 2 of each 4 combs

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Zirilka View Post
    The mystery behind your terrible bad luck is that the trolls spawn from farmhouses.
    I?m having trouble spawning the trolls from farmhouses too

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by JCrewS11 View Post
    I?m having trouble spawning the trolls from farmhouses too
    The spawn rate decreases the further into the goal we go, unfortunately.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbyrae View Post
    The spawn rate decreases the further into the goal we go, unfortunately.
    That sucks. Not sure if I noticed that before. I haven’t even been able to collect 4 combs to do the 1st upgrade!!

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by JCrewS11 View Post
    That sucks. Not sure if I noticed that before. I haven’t even been able to collect 4 combs to do the 1st upgrade!!
    Make sure you don't have any other monsters spawned on your board.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbyrae View Post
    Make sure you don't have any other monsters spawned on your board.
    Thanks, I’ve made sure. I keep spawning fangbeasts or nothing from farmhouses.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by milhouse001 View Post
    Haha I misread the goal!

thats what happens when I play Before my morning coffee. Oops.
    Happens to the best of us.

Rhino Keeper
    This is definitely my most favorite event design. With the Ivy drop regulating the upgrade pace there is no need to rush and a comfortable margin to attend to the regular queen don business exists. The adventures are optional but if I feel like I always can invest the nuggets (always the nuggets!) to get rare drops.

This time I’m going to ignore the fairy chests as I’m never particularly keen on animals (I don’t want a zoo, thank you) and I don’t care for the special pig BUT ELVIS THURSTON PRESLEY AND LONG-HAIRED IVY are cute beyond measure.

Rhino Keeper
    I agree, I like this design too. I feel S8 took our feedback from September event into consideration for the October events. Thanks S8