Page 17 of 53 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 10/3: Monster Hunt Season 21 | information about the event on page 1

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by Destiel0918 View Post
    Not thrilled about Armored Widow drops: fur, jewels, wisp lantern, earth wisp, light armor, 545 coins, elvenite
    Thanks for posting I had a feeling it was useless like the other armored critters.

I will get as many spider queens as I can. I just collected from her and got TWO expansion permits. Great idea moving them to my haunted area but for now (at least until I get used to collecting from her) I will keep her with the other permit droppers.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Galadraal View Post
    Thanks for posting I had a feeling it was useless like the other armored critters.
    I will get as many spider queens as I can. I just collected from her and got TWO expansion permits. Great idea moving them to my haunted area but for now (at least until I get used to collecting from her) I will keep her with the other permit droppers.
    Do you have the Siren from a similar event? I think the drops will be similar for the widow queen. From my siren I often get 4 earth wisps and quite regularly 2 wisp lanterns. Trade tickets are rarer but do show up every once in a while. The other day I got an enchanted lantern from her, but that's very rare, as are expansion permit drops. Anyway, those same drops are shown on the splash screen for the widow queen, so I wouldn't be surprised if the frequency of the drops were similar as well.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by HuckleTown View Post
    My strategy was go for the baby spider first. I was too far along (30 candies left) to give up once someone reported the drops. My regular cows, mummy cow and black pig did NOT spawn spiders. The others spawned almost 100% of the time. My widow spider gave 2 candy bags most times. 3 was rare.

I have the baby spider and hoped to go for the old monsters but after clearing 5 trees and 19 fruit trees, only 1 fangbeast has spawned. I don't want to spend this week chasing non-existent monsters, especially when some aren't even dropping the correct tokens. So I think I'm done with this monster hunt.

I am going to look for forest wisps (yes, still on part 2 of hidden forest) and accumulate coins and expansion permits.
    I think I read earlier in the thread that fruit trees are not spawning anything this hunt. But I've been planting Aspen trees and they're spawning past monsters like crazy - at least one per tree, often more. So maybe try those.

Fangbeasts are nearly non-existent though, which is super annoying, because I need them to make the brew for The Academy. I was hoping to be able to get all the flowers I need from the aspen trees for the brews during this event and **** two birds with one stone, but of course the fangbeasts are practically turned off, so I'm just maxing out on the flowers and wasting all those aspen trees that I'll have to replant once the event is over.

Fashion Designer
    The fruit trees are spawning the returning beasts now. I'm not growing any trees to chop at all.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by idrispad View Post
    The fruit trees are spawning the returning beasts now. I'm not growing any trees to chop at all.
    Cleared my fruit trees earlier. Only spawned spider solitaire hope better next time.

Any tree best to plant? Usually plant crab apple. Have pretty decent spawn rate.

Rhino Keeper
    I wish I knew if the raven animals were worth going for. I don't care for the baby spider but might keep ****ing spider soldiers to get more of the ravens to trade. But otherwise I would just keep fighting past monsters. Monster hunts are far and away my favorite events, but these decisions are so tough! I was all set to go for my last gold coins to get the armored maxotaur but then they threw this spider lady at me and... sigh.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by 29vanilla View Post
    Any tree best to plant? Usually plant crab apple. Have pretty decent spawn rate.
    I'm having great luck with aspens.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by idrispad View Post
    I just updated my earlier post. I just ran through my 9 fruit trees again with no monster spawns. The inequity is mind-boggling.

Executive Chef
    Has anyone gotten Monster Hunt regular daily goals yesterday and today?

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Destiel0918 View Post
    Has anyone gotten Monster Hunt regular daily goals yesterday and today?
    Nothing