Page 16 of 53 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 10/3: Monster Hunt Season 21 | information about the event on page 1

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by RevdKathy View Post
    There's far to much for the average player here to achieve, so I think we need to prioritise. Each person's targets will be different, but here are mine. I absolutely adore corvids, so I want the raven pet. We don't know yet whether it has drops, but I don't care. If not, it will be one of the tiny number of things I have worked for in this game just for the artwork for the pleasure of it. And I'm away for 8 days of October so will need to push on early. So:
    Complete 'tricks of the trade' (I never usually bother with that) for 1 raven
    Get enough candy to reach the community prizes - total 4 ravens
    Then and only then look at other things: I'll probably go for the returning beasts next, in the hope of getting enough for something useful. It's a shame for me they don't drop regular tokens, though I noticed the unicorn dropped sword tokens. Finally, if I've done all that I'll go for a couple of gold tokens.

Does that sound like a sensible strategy?
    Sound strategy RevdKathy!
    Similar to my approach.

Window Queen is hanging out in my Halloween area.
    Working on getting enough Halloween Candy to participate in the Community Prize.
    Back to Widow tokens and choose a prize
    Queendom Name - Hyrule

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by UnkelFester View Post
    I'm enjoying this Monster Hunt, my favourite type of hunt, with the chance to craft all those monsters from previous quests. Plenty of choices of what to do and what to craft!

I've just crafted and placed the Widow Queen in the creepy part of my Kingdom. I have nearly enough Halloween Candies in the Beast Master Challenge to join the community event. I seem to get 2 or 3 candies per slain spider. I don't think the baby spider is worth chasing 225 candies for with it's lacklustre drops, so I'll probably just go for 150 candies to get the Gold Troll Token Individual Prize. How many Troll Tokens do you get? Can someone please advise? Is it ten tokens, as awarded for the Sword and Staff token Individual Prizes?

Apologies for all the questions, but what does the Armoured Widow Spider drop? So many choices of what to aim for next in this event! I will either go for this and as many Troll tokens as I can, or maybe try to get another Royal Dark Unicorn to join the one I crafted in a previous Beast Master Event, but another 500 Widow Tokens is a LOT of trees to grow and chop!

I bought the value pack and spent 15 glorious minutes just chopping Aspen trees, getting enough Life Flowers to finish Part 1 of the Academy, and of course plenty of monsters to fight for tokens for the Widow Queen.
    I got 2 Gold Troll Tokens in the Beast Master Challenge.

New Resident
    1) Has the Kelpie and Maniwort dropping their own tokens and not widow tokens issue been fixed? Is there a way to convert the tokens that we just got through this monster hunt to widow tokens?
    2) Is there a limit on the royal Kelpie? I already have one so I don't want to craft another if it will just be a waste.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by bumblezaz View Post
    1) Has the Kelpie and Maniwort dropping their own tokens and not widow tokens issue been fixed? Is there a way to convert the tokens that we just got through this monster hunt to widow tokens?
    2) Is there a limit on the royal Kelpie? I already have one so I don't want to craft another if it will just be a waste.
    1) I never had the issue, they always dropped both types of tokens.
    2) I don't know, but you could always put your royal kelpie into storage for a moment (ideally right after collecting from it) and look at the back of the inventory card. Or is that max mentioned only on materials? Hm, now I'm severely doubting myself!

This might be a stupid question but where do we get the 3 purple bubble type things to craft the Royal Kelpie?

Banned
    I think you mean Armoured Kelpie in the MRC. those are Cursed Pearls part the What Storms May Come questline. Found by chopping Cursed Reefs..not sure what part of the Goal those start

Executive Chef
    My strategy was go for the baby spider first. I was too far along (30 candies left) to give up once someone reported the drops. My regular cows, mummy cow and black pig did NOT spawn spiders. The others spawned almost 100% of the time. My widow spider gave 2 candy bags most times. 3 was rare.

I have the baby spider and hoped to go for the old monsters but after clearing 5 trees and 19 fruit trees, only 1 fangbeast has spawned. I don't want to spend this week chasing non-existent monsters, especially when some aren't even dropping the correct tokens. So I think I'm done with this monster hunt.

I am going to look for forest wisps (yes, still on part 2 of hidden forest) and accumulate coins and expansion permits.

EDIT: 9 more fruit trees, zero monsters
    Last edited by HuckleTown; 10-04-19 at 01:49 PM.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgoodbar1961 View Post
    This might be a stupid question but where do we get the 3 purple bubble type things to craft the Royal Kelpie?
    Royal Kelpie just asks for 500 beast tokens, notheing else.
    If you mean Armored KElpie in MRC you need those from Cursed Reefs. ( Mermaid Storyline part 2).

Quote Originally Posted by RonjaR82 View Post
    I have a couple of questions about the Former Animals we can buy with Widow Tokens in the Trade Wagon :

- From what I understand the Royal Kelpie is a daily energy dropper with a minimum of 4 and an average of 7-8 with extra Water, Mermaid Scales, Sugar. Is that correct?
    - Is the Royal Dark Unicorn a weekly energy dropper? Does it drop Sword Tokens at every collection. And how many tokens, just 1?
    - The drops of the Ghost Knight lists Pumpkin, Voodoo Knight, Treat Bag. Were those event only drops, or are they some sort of decoration that still drops?
    - Cyclonician apparently drops Bottled Breeze. Event only, or does it still drop? And if so, what is it? Does it drop a Lumin or Enchanter's Essence every collection?
    - The Cupid Troll is listed to drop energy. Is this a guaranteed drop. What can you expect from him?
    - Does the Forrest Raccoon drop anything else than just coins?

I don't know if I can get to 500, but.. what do you guys think is the best purchase?
    I'm not sure I am going for the Widow Queen. I fear it will just be another animal that always drops Earth Wisp and only very very rarely something else.
    Can the players who have her keep us informed of her drops?

Thanks for any help/ insight!
    I have the ghost knight, Forrest raccoon, and cyclonian, but rarely collect from them. The Cupid troll is a guaranteed daily energy dropper, but it's usually only 2-3 energy. I'm going to try for the royal kelpie I think, or another royal dark unicorn. I like the weekly energy droppers, and mine has dropped a sword several times, but I'm often maxed on them, so I'm not sure if it's guaranteed.

Quote Originally Posted by RonjaR82 View Post
    Thanks so much for your reply shortdanzr.

I wonder why event drops are permanently listed as drops. It is confusing.
    That information was only relevant for like 1 or 2 weeks and after that it stays on the list for years and years?
    Why not remove those drops or put them between ( ...) and state that they are event drops only.

Ow, and it would be very helpful if the list/ cards (with information about every building/ item/ animal in the game) stated how much energy is dropped and how often.
    And if an animal/ building is a multi dropper.
    And if a drop is guaranteed or not

It all makes a lot of difference in my opinion!
    The info on the list/cards is mostly player generated, and the info is collected and posted by volunteer players. They do a fantastic job just keeping up with the constant new items from every event, I can't imagine them having to go back and edit all the previous info. I've been playing for years and this ability to craft former special event prizes in the trade wagon is fairly recent. Before there was never really a reason to go back and edit their drops for newer players. The Hub inventory section is a great resource to look up any unfamiliar drops listed to see if they're permanent or event related.

Good luck with the hunt and I hope you get all the prizes you're hoping for!
    ⚔ Thuakie Sword Society ⚔ Sword #12

#return2storyline #bringbacktherealcastlestory #resistforcedgemspending

Executive Chef
    Not thrilled about Armored Widow drops: fur, jewels, wisp lantern, earth wisp, light armor, 545 coins, elvenite