Page 27 of 53 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 10/3: Monster Hunt Season 21 | information about the event on page 1

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by madameleota13 View Post
    Quick tip. Check your inventory for monster traps from old events. I just found a kelpie trap and a maxotaur trap that I didn?t know I had. Both spawned monsters and I got event coins
    Thanks so much for the reminder and I was just noticing all of that those event monster traps shortly before the monster hunt started. Doh!

Quote Originally Posted by Destiel0918 View Post
    Daily MH goals: Novice hunt, Sovereign hunt, Adept Challenge- do NOT reward you with any ravens. You still get normal rewards in + 5 tokens. ( staff, sword, shield)
    Thanks so much for the reply. I got the 4 for the trades. Not sure how, even in a month I will make 50. The one on the pumpkin is so cute. My goal was two armored dark unicorns this event. Hopefully I will have enough left over to complete others. Even though I don't like spiders, they can fo straight to storage or sell if possible
    Proud Owner: Dolphin Palace
    Play often, help w/ requests & gifts. Looking for 1-2 40+ to exchange wisps I have great neighbors I gift but they?re often full. I gift back in order so it would be 1-2 days

Love the game & aesthetics, want it to look real/fun & true! During quests sadly aesthetics put aside for collections, but happy when over. Have expansions to improve as well!
    Still part of the confirmation button club!

Life is more fun if you play games" - Roald Dahl 

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by nukesters2 View Post
    Not a single dark compass from sparkling mines since this event began. I have noticed this before with other items. When we have an event going on, regular drops change or stop. Like the white fish, that one always disapears. Its always worse when we have 2 different things going on like we do now. Terribly annoying!
    STORM 8!! can you fix this problem please!?
    Me too! I posted on the other event and actually did a bug report on the bug forum. I have three study circles and at least the last 4 collections had zero compasses. Yesterday the dragon at least dropped one but not today. It?s the only time item I need besides the spellbook pages from the lair which was 0-1-0-1-0 for drops.

Actually my apologies I misread your statement. One of my sparkling mines gives them occasionally the other doesn’t seem to and I have used gems to speed it up. The one dropped 3 in a row and the other did zero in the same 3 so I stopped spending on that one. I think the normal collections it hasn’t given up a compass either
    Last edited by Galadraal; 10-05-19 at 07:21 PM.

Fashion Designer
    Just collected from my mines the same one gave me one and the other nada

Quote Originally Posted by mientoentje View Post

But that is a misconception. I came to realize that if you leave your energy droppers uncollected, you are in fact wasting energy. Say you leave a weekly alicorn uncollected for a week, then you have missed out on 40 energy. So I now collect from every energy dropper I have (72 weekly ali's, 62 daily droppers, 2x wizard school and one Lv5 wizard portal, 4x armored direwolf) as soon as it's ready and within months I had thousands of energy banked. Comes in very handy in an event like this...
    THIS. Do not fall into the trap that it is beneficial for you to regularly be under 40 and hence earn the free energies from CS.

Pro tip if you are ready to invest some real money. Check thise frequent discounts of gems and try to get lets say 2000-3000 as cheap as possible.

Then wait until the Valenties etc discounts come where some daily alicorns are for sale for 100 gem each (seen that happen many times). Then hit hard and get as many as possible.

I have app 90 dailies and 15 weeklies and do not fall under 40 nrg any more ni matter what. Monster Hunt is lot more fun when you start with 11,5 k energies in your pocket (and with this hunt I can collect 5 droppers more). Upword spiral.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by perry5 View Post
    We have yet to do a community event where we didn't meet the unknown requirement to receive all the community prizes, so I doubt this one would be any different, though I agree with you...not much point in going for extra candies when there are so many other things to work for--widow coins and gold coins.
    My first beast in the trade wagon was the Kelpsie and it counted for the goal--I'm pretty sure any beast will do.

Side note: I love the little venemous kitsunecone! I wish he was available as part of the beast trade! Maybe next time!!
    Thanks so much for your reply perry5!
    And a bit late, but a BIG thanks to Destiel0918 for reminding us about Loreleis Fountain. I had not thought about it before reading your comment.
    And thanks to the people asking and answering questions about the Cyclonian, it is very helpful!

I don't know how I even played this game without the help of you all!

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by habanero120763 View Post
    THIS. Do not fall into the trap that it is beneficial for you to regularly be under 40 and hence earn the free energies from CS.

Pro tip if you are ready to invest some real money. Check thise frequent discounts of gems and try to get lets say 2000-3000 as cheap as possible.

Then wait until the Valenties etc discounts come where some daily alicorns are for sale for 100 gem each (seen that happen many times). Then hit hard and get as many as possible.

I have app 90 dailies and 15 weeklies and do not fall under 40 nrg any more ni matter what. Monster Hunt is lot more fun when you start with 11,5 k energies in your pocket (and with this hunt I can collect 5 droppers more). Upword spiral.
    Quote Originally Posted by RonjaR82 View Post
    Thanks so much for your reply perry5!
    And a bit late, but a BIG thanks to Destiel0918 for reminding us about Loreleis Fountain. I had not thought about it before reading your comment.
    And thanks to the people asking and answering questions about the Cyclonian, it is very helpful!

I don't know how I even played this game without the help of you all!
    I really like hearing different people's play styles. As mentioned previously because I goofed up the limited time main quest pet, I banked energy for the first time. It's a different play style than my usual regularl game play. By doing so, I was able to get the Baby Spider, Widow Queen, and I'm about 1/5th to a Kelpie or Royal Dark Unicorn although hearing the Cyclonician drop seems mighty tempting.

So that's a week of banking energy (didn't on the dot collect from my wizard's schools) with a lower level 50: 1 keep, 2 wizard schools, 14 dailies, Monalise, and 1 weekly (Portia Bella). Only non event energy dropper is an alicorn from Baron's Tent. I'm an android user, so the "watch adds for swag" icon doesn't appear for me. 9 fruit trees from adventures I don't spend gems (saving up for the second cabbage hut actually).

I found it a very different play style to have so much energy backlogged but also a lot of pressure to consume it all playing for really long times. What I tend to enjoy about Castle Story is that it's a time sink but I can play it JUST ENOUGH so it's engaging and not boring/repetitious. Going through 500ish energy is mighty repetitious, much likes 5k! But now I can devote the rest of the time for past monsters, which previously was very much a pipe dream for me. So while different, it still was nicely beneficial.

One event at a time to slowly build up dailies regardless what level you are, whether low level or "low level 50." Hope everyone is enjoying this monster hunt. It's really neat to see people's perspectives/varying levels of progress in this game we all enjoy.

I like how the Ravens quest line is month long to tie in all the events, I think it's refreshingly different.
    Last edited by Silvernomiko; 10-06-19 at 12:06 AM. Reason: * Forgot fruit tree count

Executive Chef
    First drop of the Raven Pet was 1 Soft Feathers and 65 coins. Timer is 6 hours.

Fashion Designer
    Sorry if I have missed it somewhere. Do we know what happens to the tokens we have left after the event?
    Also from fighting the past monsters I have collected Kelpie tokens and venomous mantiwort tokens. So those I fought didn't count towards the widow tokens. Does that seem right?

Fashion Designer
    Perhaps I am not up to that stage of the game, what is the dark compass referred to in previous posts?