Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Random 5 second ads

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Host(ess)

Random 5 second ads

I've been getting these random 5 second ads while playing and it is EXTREMELY annoying. I'm about to tap on something then the ad pops up and it's frustrating. Is this a permanent thing? If it is, this might finally be the last little push to get me quitting this game.

Nightclub Owner
    Wow, I've never had that happen to me (thank goodness!). I hope someone can help you
    Island Name: Amer Island

1883+ Unique Dragons Hatched
    409+ Unique Dragon Eggs in Storage

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by ennah View Post
    I've been getting these random 5 second ads while playing and it is EXTREMELY annoying. I'm about to tap on something then the ad pops up and it's frustrating. Is this a permanent thing? If it is, this might finally be the last little push to get me quitting this game.
    Those animated videos that pop up about playing other S8 games? At least I like the one with the bison charging at the screen, but something really should be done about these ads that pop up completely randomly. It used to be that ads popped up every single time you entered the game, which is annoying enough, but the fact that they now pop up once you are already in and actively playing, it is even worse. Often I am just clicking to hatch a dragon or remove a dragon from the evolution den or to collect from collecting a bingo task, and the popup comes and gets in the way, and if you click on it by accident because you were about to click on something else before it popped up, then you get taken to the stupid app store or something.

It happens all the time definitely frustrating

Quote Originally Posted by ennah View Post

“I feel the same way, it?s constant. I don?t think it?s going to stop, they make money on each ad we watch so it?s not going to stop. I?m definitely close to deleting this game.”

Hmmm... Haven't seen any of these yet. Thank God!

Host(ess)
    I went on Dragon Story just now and the ad popped up again. About a whole minute after I went on, I was clicking on my nests when I got the 5 second ad about some shooting game and I almost clicked on it. This is not cool

Farm Supplier
    YEP, extremely annoying. I was quietly playing my game during a seminar yesterday then a screaming ad came blaring through my phone even though I had ringer turned OFF. Everyone turned to look at me. How incredibly mad I was, my face turned red with anger. I am infuriated at the game officials for starting this, STOP these ads, they are nothing but irritating.

I’ve been waiting for other forum users to start a thread. I’ve been getting them for about a month now and they are obviously rolling it out further. Believe me they just jump in at any time or place. You’re lucky if it’s a 5 second one. I’m regularly getting a 40 second one that jumps you straight to the ap store to download it, and another that comes in portrait rather than landscape and when you press the x in the corner it squashes the whole dragon screen to just the left half of my iPad. Have to close and re- open.
    Interested to see other people’s opinions.

Ads interrupting game at crucial moments

i understand ads may be necessary and have watched many to speed things up in the 4 storm 8 games have play. But the recent ones (that I am hoping are just for the holiday season) come unexpectedly at crucial moments in the games.

I am busier than normal during December and often only a few minutes to come and catch up on my game. The way it has been lately I can?t complete what I need to in order to complete the goals. I have had to forfeit all goals in all games due to the very long Interuptions. Please let the ads be for rewards only not these random ads that are affecting game play.

Rhino Keeper
    thought it was me clicking summit by accident at 1st and now reading this all i can say is WOW what a total sellout guys im close to done with this game now :/ R.I.P DS what a way to shoot yourselfs in the foot , feels like im playin 1 of them random free ones you DL theese days

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast