i only decide to do this one because i like how the prize looks. but this is ridiculous
i'm using my videos to battle repeatedly. but i would rather use these things to possibly earn food
-shortdanzr aka wicked red
[Though she be but little, she is fierce]
*accepting new neighbors. I answer all requests, but don't visit daily
I finally finished, I really struggled with this tournament. My Nefertem 10 and Osiris 14, were really the mvps, they took down the last four champions. After battling Ruby Crown in the last round, idk if all this was actually worth it lol I like the coloring but it's smaller than I thought it would be.
One of the most difficult tournaments i have been in for a long time! Despaired of finishing on time. Got stuck on multiple dragons for 6+ rounds (once an entire day). All this for a super rare, not even an ultra rare or champion. Very disappointed that the game very rarely seems to offer champions in the battle ring now.
I also used my croconile to bring down ruby crown in the last battle after losing once with my neo glasswing.
Would appreciate it if some of you might give me advice about which dragons you have found to be the most valuable in the battle ring. I would like to buy one using the codex but am undecided on which ones are the best for the battle ring.
Thanks for any advice you can offer.
Good luck to those still battling!
I hope this helps, and I'm sure other people will chime in with their recommendations as well.
First I want to say welcome to the tournament forums. As mymonta stated I have gotten pretty good with the tournaments over the years I've played Dragon Story. I want to tell you a few of my tricks to the tournaments.
1. If you have the ADIPS dragons (Achilles, Diamond, Infinity, Passion and Soccer) they can be your best friend against champions. All the ADIPS dragons except Soccer can be crafted with essence if you are missing any. They may be useful but they may not depending on your island.
2. If you have none of these, no fret, the basic dragons (Fire, Air, Forest, Water and Magic) can be very effective when raised to level 15. I've won a couple of tournaments using high level single element dragons.
3. There are a few second tier dragons that can be pretty good against champions. Those are Pyramid, Metal and Dark.
4. Sometimes I look at the color of the champion dragon itself and choose a dragon that would win against that color. Example: Forest for Black Knight.
5. When all else fails, I suggest the disposable Fire/Forest strategy. Use level 1 of those dragons and sell them when they lose. Wash, rinse and repeat.
6. If your champion is a hybrid (ex: Cleric or Dread Captain), pay close attention to the 2nd element and choose accordingly. Cases where that wouldn't be effective are dragons where the second element is champion like Defender, Odyssey, Black Jackal or Croconile.
7. The battle chart on page one is extremely helpful.
8. Sometimes using dragons that other players used can help. This is why I encourage people to post their results as I do. Sometimes my dragons may not work for others.
9. I go into tournaments with confidence that I will win the prize dragons. I never go into battles with dread because all dragons can be beaten. I'm glad you kept plugging away to eventually win the tournament. It takes patience to do it.
10. Using a previously released Dragon Tales or Tournament dragon can be effective too. I used Fungi a lot and he's one of my best battlers.
All in all, find a way to have fun during tourneys and approach them that way. Me, I sometimes do theme tournaments like this one where I used all Egypt type dragons. In the past I've used all Heart and I used all single element common dragons. These were fun and creative.
Dragon Story - Iceland, Fantasy Forest Story - Saint Mary
Thank you to mymonta, greywagtail and skyharbor602! Really appreciate you taking the time to respond. I will try to find those other threads you mentioned too.
Skyharbor, what wonderful tips & advice you responded with. Your answer really needs to be posted somewhere prominently...maybe in the wiki page on battling? It is full of great advice and guidelines! I took a screenshot & will definitely be taking your advice to heart.
Thanks again for all the help you gave