Page 84 of 113 FirstFirst ... 347480818283848586878894 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 9/26: The Academy (main story) | goals on page 1

Fashion Designer

The curious case of Branden

This is Branden, an academy student turned Duke's guard turned kingdom's citizen.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	31847F24-8E8A-46ED-963B-651E8C5E23CC.jpeg 
Views:	23 
Size:	250.5 KB 
ID:	54794

First I have to say that this was mainly my fault and I wonder if anyone else is having the same issue. When I first won him, Branden appeared as a walker right away but curiously he also showed up in my storage just like a deco that you could place on your game board. So I took him out, placed him and realized he was invisible. When I clicked on him, there wasn't any timer but I could move him around and could even sell him for 0 coins. I couldn't put him back in storage, however, but this seemed to be harmless and fun so I didn't sell him. I'd periodically check on him and see that he was still there and I could still sell him any time I wanted. Time passed, I've forgotten about Branden until one day I was rearranging stuff around my kingdom and realized there was a dead pixel. There's obviously nothing there but I can't place anything on that square. This must be Branden, and I just needed to move him. BUT, I realized now that I could no longer select him. When I clicked on that spot, there seemed to be nothing there, yet it's blocked when I put stuff there. So now I just have a dead spot in my kingdom, what used to be invisible Branden and now becomes invisible, unselectable, unmovable, unsellable, and yet taking up one space.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CE35E012-BD5D-4E35-9EFB-59225C1E658F.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	193.3 KB 
ID:	54795
    Picture: I tried to put the griffin there but the square is occupied (red). There seems to be nothing there but it's occupied by the invisible inaccessible Branden.

Like I said it's mostly my fault. Should've sold him when I could. I don't know if S8 would be kind enough to fix it for me, but I hope y'all won't do the same lol.
    Last edited by Melany77; 02-25-20 at 12:07 PM.

Volunteer Moderator SpiritWind00's Avatar
    Melany77: S8 advised in another thread that they have corrected a lot of graphics that weren't compressed. Reinstalling should correct the issue given it's a graphics issue (the only reason why you should ever reinstall your game). Do you want to try that first and if not, post in the bugs forum so I can check with the team.

Fashion Designer
    Thank you for the suggestion SW, I tried deleting and reinstalling but it didn't work.

I've sent in a report for you. As he is a walker having him show in your inventory sounds like the problem may only be resolved with intervention. I'll let you know if you need to go to Support or not

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by zoroak View Post
    Weird thing is although Branden is a walker, I found him also in my inventory.
    I placed him but he is invisible, has no timer (when I click on that spot, ?Branden? appears on bottom right of screen but no timer) and I cannot store him, only rotate or sell him.

Walker as shown in town square
    Attachment 53843

But I can place invisible Branden, sell and rotate but not store!
    Attachment 53844
    Attachment 53845
    Attachment 53846
    Yeah I mentioned this quite a few pages ago, as above. Same problem not being able to store/sell/move Braden. Dead space there now.

Quote Originally Posted by Melany77 View Post
    Thank you for the suggestion SW, I tried deleting and reinstalling but it didn't work.
    Quote Originally Posted by zoroak View Post
    Yeah I mentioned this quite a few pages ago, as above. Same problem not being able to store/sell/move Braden. Dead space there now.
    I fixed this for you.

If anyone else is experiencing the same issue where invisible Branden is taking up your plot space, please submit a request to support. Thanks!
    Last edited by PikaSquirrel; 02-26-20 at 05:40 PM.
    Storm8 Staff - PikaSquirrel
    Need help? Contact Storm8 through support.storm8.com
    Got a new device? Transfer your games here!
    Have Facebook or Twitter? LIKE and FOLLOW us here!

Thanks Pika!

Note to players: This won't be an issue for anyone completing those goals now.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by PikaSquirrel View Post
    I fixed this for you.

If anyone else is experiencing the same issue where invisible Branden is taking up your plot space, please submit a request to support. Thanks!
    I have noticed also that since this Academy thing was introduced that when collecting on things you will be automatically shifted to various things.. ie colecting on troll camp. Or even it opens the elves window showing your runes.. like I am trying to explain its random.. I think it opened up social status window..wired

It’s kinda like when you get moved to the nandina roost when u launch an elven request but it usually opens up like you actually tapped on it

Fashion Designer
    Yay, thank you SpiritWind and Pika! What a joy to find an iceland poppy patch in place of invisible Branden.

Fashion Designer
    FYI to those of you who, like me, didn't realize that the fountain is actually has guaranteed multiple mermaid scale drops like the mermaid pond!
    I must admit it makes me feel soooooo much better about all those endless benediction brews. When I got the Griffin I thought it was beautiful but that a 2 energy dropper doesn't make up for all that energy used chopping trees and neither did all the academy student walkers.
    But mermaid scales was a scarce resource in my kingdom and I'm very happy that won't have to chase ponds and wells anymore!