Page 22 of 113 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425263272 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 9/26: The Academy (main story) | goals on page 1

Moderator (volunteer) SpiritWind00's Avatar
    On a different note, answers to a lot of questions are already on page 1 so if you haven't refreshed that page then you should. I'm about to add all of the dialogue up to the last goal as I didn't get a chance to add that yesterday.

I bought the study circle so I'm going to go on hold now and see what the collections look like given I spent gems. Only have 3 bottles left to make now so don't want to finish early.

The prize for this part - and for all (I'm guessing 3 parts given there are 3 students on the screen shot) parts is to summon a student. You can see this info on the timed goal screen.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by ham2905 View Post
    I think they are saying that fangbeast are set to spawn (for example) every 10 hits but they cap each player at 3 fangbeast a day. So what they are doing is keeping the same 10 hits for a beast but lifting the max number you can get in a day. I think.
    It’s definitely not capped. I have one more benediction brew to craft and will be done with that part. I have been getting a lot of fangbeasts from farmhouses and pigs and a few from cows. I have all the positions I need to craft the last one, just need to finish the two I’m making now in the potion shop. It’s the troll camp collections that are going to be the hardest part for me.
    Last edited by sophiensissi; 09-27-19 at 04:42 PM.

Fashion Designer
    Thank you ClassySnakeS8!!

Fangbeasts are back <3
    Last edited by venatemp; 09-27-19 at 04:53 PM.
    Queendom Name - Hyrule

Farm Supplier
    Too many posts to reply with quotes..but basically I believe SW is correct. It doesn't make sense that we'd complain about poor spawn rates & so they turn around & cap the daily beast rate? That makes it worse not better. What I understood was this: there is a usual AVERAGE spawn rate..ie: it could take anywhere from say 5-10 taps(just using random #'s here) to spawn a beast..so the intended average Spawn rate would b 7.5 taps per spawn. What S8 has done (I believe) is made it so that it CANNOT take more than the intended average(7.5 in my example. Therefore they've "capped" it to go no higher than intended which in theory should throw out all these insane energy drains for each spawn(depending on what their actual intended rate is��).. Hope I explained that well?��lol

Executive Chef
    it did let me skip over the adjoining spaces. i was worried that i would have to expand there first because i did not have enough permits when the event first started to open the statue square.and i had to spend a day crafting more tickets (& got lucky with my puppet theatre giving me a permit).
    for those wondering, i did trial on the value packs given the flower cap number. i had 85 in my inventory. bought one. it had 100 flowers there & i got all 100 flowers. so then in my inventory i had 185 flowers. of course i couldn't get any flowers from aspen trees until i dropped below 100. but there are instances where you can exceed the cap (like if you "win" sugar in the baron's tent-i currently have 119 sugar cane in inventory)

edit add: i found i have a better fangbeast spawn rate if i use the quick collect method. i could click on every cow, chicken, & pig i own. get no fangbeast. but if i click on a lot of them & do the quick collect, usually a beast will spawn
    -shortdanzr aka wicked red
    [Though she be but little, she is fierce]

*accepting new neighbors. I answer all requests, but don't visit daily

Banned
    Perfect example someone touched the spawn database/algoritm/diceroll/. Why did the wisps stop spawning? There is a thread that ack it

Executive Chef
    Looks like they changed Life Flowers cap from 99 to 200.

Quote Originally Posted by Destiel0918 View Post
    Looks like they changed Life Flowers cap from 99 to 200.
    That is wonderful news indeed

Saves us from having to craft a brew before collections more

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by deadpixel View Post
    That is wonderful news indeed

Saves us from having to craft a brew before collections more
    I'm almost done with those potions- defeated all the fangbeasts I needed for part 11. I just have to brew 2 more potions, almost done with scissors too....and about 50 % done with Troll spellbooks....with this rate, I should get to Goal 12 on Monday or Tuesday. My persoanl bottleneck are those spellbooks.
    Last edited by Destiel0918; 09-27-19 at 06:51 PM.

Executive Chef
    I was getting a fangbeasts almost every time I cleared my 8 farmhouses. For about 10 hours, they have only spawned 1. I did get 1 from a hatchery, and 1 from my 15th cow. I'm also thinking 1 spawned from a well but am not 100 percent sure.

50 lanterns may be what prevent me from finishing in 6 days. Although, with 11 bottles still to make and a 99 limit on the flowers, those may be down to the wire also.

I imagine I will try to get part 1 completed in the reward time period but then take the next parts very slowly. I'm still on part 2 of the hidden forest story line.
    Last edited by HuckleTown; 09-27-19 at 07:44 PM.