Page 52 of 113 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662102 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 9/26: The Academy (main story) | goals on page 1

How many visits to the Duke's Lair does a player have to make before it drops a Spellbook Page?

I've been there three times and haven't received a single page

Also, when I tap on the "Expand" icon, the spot behind The Academy becomes highlighted like this:

But when I tap on the highlighted spot where the fountain is, I get this:

Is this intended? Or is it a bug for which I would need to reinstall my game to fix?

Farm Supplier
    I just got another troll spellbook from the troll camp, but wonder if I still need to continue collecting them (I'm on the last 2 goals of part II and I don't see any more needed through the end of part II.) I guess I'll keep collecting them in the event they're needed in future parts of this event. Any opinions?

Farm Supplier
    Deadpixel, my expansion requirements for that last space says a "repaired spellbook" is needed. That requires 5 spellbook pages and needs crafting in the workshop. Unfortunately that craft has now mysteriously disappeared from my workshop! I'm not especially worried because I still need 3 more pages which will take at least 3 more days days to get. By that time the Repair Spellbook craft will probably be restored. And then there are still those 70 Benediction Brews in the last goal.

Volunteer Moderator SpiritWind00's Avatar
    Please post bugs in the right forum and not in this thread which must be kept in tact as it will be referenced for a long to come. All bug related posts will be moved. (DONE)

I've created an ongoing bug post here which we can use moving forward: https://forums.storm8.com/showthread...vents-roll-out
    Last edited by SpiritWind00; 10-10-19 at 11:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by weebluemoth View Post
    Deadpixel, my expansion requirements for that last space says a "repaired spellbook" is needed. That requires 5 spellbook pages and needs crafting in the workshop. Unfortunately that craft has now mysteriously disappeared from my workshop! I'm not especially worried because I still need 3 more pages which will take at least 3 more days days to get. By that time the Repair Spellbook craft will probably be restored. And then there are still those 70 Benediction Brews in the last goal.
    Ah! I see. I think I'd probably need to collect my first Spellbook Page before it'll change to "repair spellbook". I'm still waiting for my first drop after three visits to the Duke's Lair.

Nightclub Owner
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	71DF08EA-7A1C-40E9-A838-53F09D990E39.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	104.8 KB 
ID:	53409

Can someone explain this Academy Scroll craft to me please? You can't craft extra so what is its purpose?
    Last edited by bobbyrae; 10-12-19 at 07:36 AM.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbyrae View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	71DF08EA-7A1C-40E9-A838-53F09D990E39.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	104.8 KB 
ID:	53409

Can someone explain this Academy Scroll craft to me please? You can't craft extra so what is its purpose?
    We will probably get more Scrolls as we go along in future events. In Jack the Clipper we get Scrolls as individual rewards #1 and #3. The missing children will stay missing until we get enough Scrolls to free them. They probably become walkers as did Petrichor. We are always in such a rush to finish everything and these will apparently be very long term goals.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by Stymie52 View Post
    We will probably get more Scrolls as we go along in future events. In Jack the Clipper we get Scrolls as individual rewards #1 and #3. The missing children will stay missing until we get enough Scrolls to free them. They probably become walkers as did Petrichor. We are always in such a rush to finish everything and these will apparently be very long term goals.
    I'm asking specifically about that academy scroll craft though. I'm not at all in a rush to get through this academy set of goals. I have only 3 dark scrolls out of the very many we need! Lol so no rush at all. I'm just curious about this particular craft. You craft one with a scroll and get exactly one academy scroll back.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Stymie52 View Post
    Very long term. 70 benediction brews!! On flowers alone, it adds up to 5,950 flowers. This will require 991.67 trees (calculated at 1 flower per chop) and 10K+ energy, since each tree will need to be watered 5 times to grow. Sigh!!!

Edit - correction to the math in this post. For 70 brews, we need 4,550 flowers and 758.33 trees. This in turn would require 8,341.667 energy .
    Last edited by maridadi; 10-18-19 at 07:21 PM. Reason: Correction. Many thanks, @GC5410

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by maridadi View Post
    Very long term. 70 benediction brews!! On flowers alone, it adds up to 5,950 flowers. This will require 991.67 trees (calculated at 1 flower per chop) and 10K+ energy, since each tree will need to be watered 5 times to grow. Sigh!!!
    That's hysterical, about 6,000 flowers and 992 trees! Roughly estimating, I am hoping to finish them by Christmas. 26 Dark Compasses and 5 Torn Spellbook pages are quite difficult to get as well. It's good that we are able to get the Coconut Milk from the aspens in addition to the flowers. Slow and steady wins the race!