Page 21 of 113 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 9/26: The Academy (main story) | goals on page 1

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by sherlock221bbaker View Post
    Lol yes people aren't stupid. I didn't have to read anything on forums to notice the lack of fangbeasts
    What exactly is the reward of doing this task in the timeframe?
    Looked on page one didn't see it.
    If you complete An Academic Challenge in 7 days, you will receive the Flight Lesson Dragon. His drops look to be Troll Spellbooks, Enchanted Scissors, Life Flowers, and an item looking like a compass.

Rhino Keeper
    I guess I'm lucky, but my spawn rate for fangbeasts isn't terrible. Not that I doubt those who say they can't get them to spawn, but for me it's true that I haven't noticed any difference in spawn rates in my realm.

I'm worried about those life flowers, though. What with having to grow the trees first and then needing so many per potion, it's going to require quite some intensive play in order to make the timed goal (at least without purchasing the sturdy circle).

Quote Originally Posted by psychgam85 View Post
    Exactly - I have used all my energy for the day on farmhouses, cows, chickens, pigs, and swans and spawned 1 fangbeast! I keep checking everywhere to see if a beast is spawned somewhere because there is no way we go through over 100 energies and get no fangbeast. Yet, miraculously, when it is not an event where we need them, I can't tap 4 cows without getting one.
    The Fangbeast spawn frequency has not been altered for this event but since there has been some feedback about this, we took some time to look at the Fangbeast spawn rates to see if there were any issues. The system appears to be operating normally as the spawn frequency is hitting below and above the intended collection rate (which is normal). But since this is tied to a current limited time goal, we've decided to temporarily cap off the frequency at the desired spawn rate. This means that the frequency isn't changing but will no longer exceed more collections than the target.

Quote Originally Posted by Trudyscandles View Post
    I noticed the study circle has a 6 day timer on it. Can we get clarification if it's not going to be available in the market after that time?

Thanks,
    trudyscandles
    Yes, the Study Circle will remain in the market even after the timer has ended. Just like the Fangbeast Trap and Aspen Tree, the timer is referring to when the item will stop appearing in the featured section.

Thank you everyone for playing and keep giving feedback. We really do take everything into consideration!

Farm Supplier
    Fangbeasts will also spawn from hot peppers. I've had good luck with those so far.

Rhino Keeper
    I spend 100 energy for 60 chickens and 40 farmhouse. And I got 3 fangbeasts. If the mission is going that way I think the mission is impossible to complete. S8 got to fix the drop rate of fangbeasts.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by ClassySnakeS8 View Post
    The Fangbeast spawn frequency has not been altered for this event but since there has been some feedback about this, we took some time to look at the Fangbeast spawn rates to see if there were any issues. The system appears to be operating normally as the spawn frequency is hitting below and above the intended collection rate (which is normal). But since this is tied to a current limited time goal, we've decided to temporarily cap off the frequency at the desired spawn rate. This means that the frequency isn't changing but will no longer exceed more collections than the target.

Yes, the Study Circle will remain in the market even after the timer has ended. Just like the Fangbeast Trap and Aspen Tree, the timer is referring to when the item will stop appearing in the featured section.

Thank you everyone for playing and keep giving feedback. We really do take everything into consideration!
    Thank you s8 for going over and above checking out the spawn rate and hearing our concerns.

There is something wrong with the spawn rate, it started a few hours ago for me and never in the past has it been like this.
    So while the devs were fixing, I surmise they broke too.
    Could you please ask them to do some Regression testing.
    Thank you in advance!
    Queendom Name - Hyrule

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by ClassySnakeS8 View Post
    The Fangbeast spawn frequency has not been altered for this event but since there has been some feedback about this, we took some time to look at the Fangbeast spawn rates to see if there were any issues. But since this is tied to a current limited time goal, we've decided to temporarily cap off the frequency at the desired spawn rate. This means that the frequency isn't changing but will no longer exceed more collections than the target.
    Um, in English please? What does this mean?
    Proud member of the Thuakie Sword Society. Close and personal friend of The Great Thuan.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Queenzod View Post
    Um, in English please? What does this mean?
    I think they are saying that fangbeast are set to spawn (for example) every 10 hits but they cap each player at 3 fangbeast a day. So what they are doing is keeping the same 10 hits for a beast but lifting the max number you can get in a day. I think.

Moderator (volunteer) SpiritWind00's Avatar
    I think this is why spawn rates etc haven't been disclosed before. I read it that the spawn rate should basically be better, although it still means spawning is random bc of the algorithm. But essentially a bit easier to find Fangbeasts.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by shortdanzr View Post
    no you don't. i don't have one next to it to open it an i managed to expand there.
    So it let you skip over unopened expansions? That?s interesting. Wish I had known that before I used permits to expand to get to these goal ones.