Page 40 of 73 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast
Results 391 to 400 of 729

Thread: Castle Story 9/26: The Academy (main story)

  1. #391
    Executive Chef
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    1,033
    I spent the week working exclusively on part 1 and completed today, got my dragon. I will be going very slowly on step 4 of part 2. I'm not planting anymore aspen trees (I used my earned and crafted gems to buy 1 circle).

    Since the scissors still drop I will also continue to collect from the sawmills.

    Time to concentrate on wisp lanterns! I got down to 2 with the materials to craft pretty low too! It was hard because I used all my energy on finding fangbeasts and growing, chopping aspen trees so I wasn't accumulating wisp lanterns.

    The worse part of step 4 is deciding when to chase fangbeasts.

  2. #392
    Rhino Keeper
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    286
    Quote Originally Posted by psychgam85 View Post
    Anyone else finding mermaid scales more elusive than usual? I'm still working on hidden forest and getting my tidegate to level 10 and now with these brews I am struggling to find mermaid scales - even with 2 mermaid ponds!
    Are you maxed on water? I never get drops when I'm maxed on water. Once I use the water my scales return.

  3. #393
    Rhino Keeper
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    469
    Quote Originally Posted by psychgam85 View Post
    Anyone else finding mermaid scales more elusive than usual? I'm still working on hidden forest and getting my tidegate to level 10 and now with these brews I am struggling to find mermaid scales - even with 2 mermaid ponds!
    Yes I noticed that as well. I usually have too many and now I have about run out

  4. #394
    Fashion Designer
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    764
    I'm on Part 2, Goal 4, and need 25 dark compasses from sparkling mines. After 3 collections from both mines I haven't had a single one. Can someone else confirm whether there's something I need to do to start these drops (like maybe stand on my head as I collect? Or send my first born by courier to S8?). Or are these just an annoyingly rare drop?

  5. #395
    Executive Chef
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    4,023
    Quote Originally Posted by newzealander View Post
    I'm on Part 2, Goal 4, and need 25 dark compasses from sparkling mines. After 3 collections from both mines I haven't had a single one. Can someone else confirm whether there's something I need to do to start these drops (like maybe stand on my head as I collect? Or send my first born by courier to S8?). Or are these just an annoyingly rare drop?
    You just need lots and lots of patience. I have 3 now from 2 days of collecting.

  6. #396
    Farm Supplier
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    60
    About the Fangbeast spanning usually we get to chop the trees that spawn them. We do need to grow the things right. So, y not let us use the trees we need that spawn them. Not go looking after 20 farm houses following the stables and chicken coops following the chickens and cows useing all 40 energy and not getting one spawn. I have done that several times not to get one beast. It works sometimes but not as much as the skunks I get when chopping the trees. So that?s an idea.

  7. #397
    Farm Supplier
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    60
    The mermaids give you som and some of the ponds we got in the last event. The regular ponds or like every other time.

  8. #398
    Executive Chef
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Southeast Asia
    Posts
    1,966
    Quote Originally Posted by newzealander View Post
    I'm on Part 2, Goal 4, and need 25 dark compasses from sparkling mines. After 3 collections from both mines I haven't had a single one. Can someone else confirm whether there's something I need to do to start these drops (like maybe stand on my head as I collect? Or send my first born by courier to S8?). Or are these just an annoyingly rare drop?
    They are guaranteed drops but come only once in every FOUR collections from the Sparkling Mines. Since we mostly have two Sparkling Mines each, this means that we get one Dark Compass every six (approximately) hours if we collect from both each time we make our collections.

    I currently have seven but one of them is from the Flight Lesson Dragon. Drops from the Dragon are not guaranteed and are available only once every 22 hours.

  9. #399
    Rhino Keeper
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    325
    I think that we all need to take a deep breath and realize that this is meant to take us a long time because it is not timed (at least after the 1st part) I have had many times of collecting from the sparkling mines and not gotten anything. At least the book drops on a regular basis. I hope every one has fun with this and tries not to stress too much.
    S8 please remove cap on level

  10. #400
    Fashion Designer
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    764
    Quote Originally Posted by belbar22 View Post
    You just need lots and lots of patience. I have 3 now from 2 days of collecting.
    Quote Originally Posted by deadpixel View Post
    They are guaranteed drops but come only once in every FOUR collections from the Sparkling Mines. Since we mostly have two Sparkling Mines each, this means that we get one Dark Compass every six (approximately) hours if we collect from both each time we make our collections.

    I currently have seven but one of them is from the Flight Lesson Dragon. Drops from the Dragon are not guaranteed and are available only once every 22 hours.
    Thanks, both of you. I will pull on my 'big girl pants' and pretend I have patience!

Page 40 of 73 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •