Page 31 of 113 FirstFirst ... 212728293031323334354181 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 9/26: The Academy (main story) | goals on page 1

Fashion Designer
    I am finding that scissors from the sawmills are harder to obtain. I should have enough to finish, but the last 4 collections (with 2 sawmills that makes 8 opportunities) gave me just 2 scissors total. If I hadn't purchased the study circle, I would be in trouble. While fangbeasts are a little easier to spawn now, the scissors are harder to find.

Is there any reason I should wait to expand to the Academy plot until I'm done with the first part of this Academy challenge (Long forgotten spell)?
    Kingdom is Nancelot. I play regularly and try to be very swift to respond to requests.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by Destiel0918 View Post
    Goal 4, Part 2
    So far, part 2 has not included any timed goal.
    Destie - does this mean that there is no finish by this date and win a special prize for part 2 like there is with the dragon if you finish by Oct 2nd in part 1?
    Kingdom is Nancelot. I play regularly and try to be very swift to respond to requests.

Executive Chef
    Unfortunately my first collection from the flight dragon was only flowers and coin but I am sure the coins will make it valuable after the event.

The Troll Pit is a bottleneck for me also because it is too expensive to gem ahead but it often gives more than one which is awesome. It is my Sparkling Mines that are the most annoying because it is a very rare drop and gemming is seeming like a waste when I can have five collections in a row with zero compasses.
    Last edited by Galadraal; 09-29-19 at 07:39 AM. Reason: Typo correction and removing annoying “?”

Executive Chef
    My guess is the no timed goal is because so much is required for step 4. The extra side goals usually happen after a few steps have been completed. Fingers crossed we get a timed goal :-) I am usually happy with the reward gotten even when it’s rare drops increasing it’s usually quite helpful.

Please keep us posted as you learn what’s ahead.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by ratdogs4 View Post
    Did the ability to craft the Benediction brew disappear from your potion shop or is it still an option?
    Thanks for going ahead and posting what's needed - it is very helpful.
    Benedictine Brew is still in the potion shop.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by ladlasse View Post
    Destie - does this mean that there is no finish by this date and win a special prize for part 2 like there is with the dragon if you finish by Oct 2nd in part 1?
    There is no special prize and there is not a finish by date.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by Stymie52 View Post
    There is no special prize and there is not a finish by date.
    Thank you, Stymie. I was concerned as I'll be traveling end of the week and not able to play as frequently. I didn't want to miss out.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by ladlasse View Post
    Thank you, Stymie. I was concerned as I'll be traveling end of the week and not able to play as frequently. I didn't want to miss out.
    The drops of Troll Spellbooks and Dark Compasses are very bad. So far the Study Circle has not been very helpful for these two items either. Goal 4 is going to take quite some time to complete. But it can be done at a leisurely pace.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Galadraal View Post
    The Troll Pit is a bottleneck for me also because it is too expensive to gem ahead but it often gives more than one which is awesome. It is my Sparkling Mines that are the most annoying because it is a very rare drop and gemming is seeming like a waste when I can have five collections in a row with zero compasses.
    I have only ever received 1 book per collection...11 collections so far. Wish I could get more than 1 book! That would certainly take the pressure off since, as you point out, it IS an expensive one to gem ahead! Eleven more books to go....Here's hoping!
    Duchess of Hooville 🔘❎🔷❎{🐗}=============>
    ⚔️⚔Proud Member (#30) of The Thuakie Sword Society⚔⚔️
    and Keeper of the Thuakie Dagger ⛔️❌{🐍}[#######>

Rhino Keeper
    Funny thing happened on my walk through my kingdom this morning. I had finished collecting the required amount of scissors last night before retiring and this morning when collecting from the stables I got one pair with each stable. If I had only been so lucky in the previous hits wouldn’t it have been loverly.