I dislike it because it’s a competition between people who have literal hoards of energy animals/saved energy and those that do not. The past several LBs even if I Had spent $50 I could have easily been knocked out of first or second place. To me, that’s not a competition, it’s a wipe out. I can’t compete with folks who have tens of thousands of energy saved up.

I’ll still participate in the MH part and try and got enough gold tokens for another dire wolf or maybe a wizards portal but I’m more excited about (and would spend money on) a traditional hunt where I can battle the monsters of old and craft animals of time’s past. That’s more interesting to me than seeing who can out energy someone else.

I started playing this game back in 2013 I believe, and took a looong break. I lost that queendom and started playing again in Dec ‘18. So my Queendom is a “young” level 50. Although I have worked hard to build up my energy animals, Leaderboards just make me feel like I am still so far behind everyone else.