Thread: iPhone issue - old phone needs iOS updating

iPhone issue - old phone needs iOS updating

Hi all

Hoping someone can help.

I have an iPhone SE that I have had for almost 3 years and I've NEVER updated the iOS

I've had some issues with backing up to iCloud too which SEEM to be resolved hopefully.

Anyway I will soon HAVE to update the iOS as its starting to affect my apps. Problem is because I've not kept up with doing this I'm going to have to do a master reset.

Not the most important to real life but I'm sure you guys on here will appreciate me not wanting to lose my game progress, especially as I've been playing castle story for over 6 years. I also play farm story 2, restaurant story 2 and home design.

I just remember that when I moved from my old phone to this one it was quite difficult reinstalling the games at the right progress level and I'm worried I may have difficulties again.

Has anyone got tips for managing this? I can barely remember how I did it almost 3 years ago.

I'd be so grateful thanks

Volunteer Moderator SpiritWind00's Avatar
    All of your game progress is saved on S8 servers. What I'd suggest you do if you do a factory reset is delete the app first (and don't panic!). You only need your password to restore the game which is the same as logging into the forum. Once you download the app again it should revert to your existing level. Worst case Support can restore your game for you if the instructions don't work for you under this particular circumstance.

I've done something similar to you but once I backed up the phone and then upgraded iOS by a few versions and everything was fine. Didn't do a factory or master reset. Did take a few hours though.

Transferring your games from one device to another is quite straightforward. Takes only a few minutes.

If you play on android or IOS you can transfer your storm ID and games over to your new device. Please see the step by step instructions here in this post - Transfer your game / Logon on Feature.

Shout out if you need help. There are lots of tech savvy players here!